Starcraft 1: Episode I - Rebel Yell
submit to reddit

• Starcraft: Episode I - Rebel Yell

the complete Terran campaign

First of all, huge thanks to Ultraling and Maverck for having done most of the work and making this campaign possible. Both of them were awesome about letting me use their stuff to put this thing together. These are originally Ultraling's maps, found here in sc2mapster. I picked them up a long time ago and slowly worked on them, editing terrain, adding all kinds of flavor here and there, including Maverck's Brood War mod, and this is the result.

Features

* all 10 original missions + the tutorial
    * original SC1 units and structures with original stats, including custom models
    * original SC1 Terran soundtrack
    * all the dialogue, voice acting & other miscellaneous text from the original campaign
    * custom classic decals, such as Alpha Squadron, Sons of Korhal etc.

Artistic License

(some notable differences from the original campaign)

* Medics! There were no medics in the original campaign, but where's the fun in that? Your marines need 'em
    * Kerrigan has the snipe ability (along with the original ghost abilities) because it's just too cool
    * Mission 4 "The Jacobs Installation" - you'll see
    * Difficulty level should be harder and actually keep you busy towards the end. Don't worry, I've tested it and I'm not that great. The final maps should give you a decent challenge though.

Download & How to play

* Downloads: Map package - Mod file
    * put the mod file (SC1mod.SC2Mod) to your "Mods" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory (NOT the folder under "My Documents")
    * extract the map package to the "Maps" folder in your Starcraft 2 install directory (create the folder if it doesn't exist)
    * make sure Starcraft 2 isn't running, and that your Galaxy Editor map test difficulty is set to normal (it is unless you've changed it)
    * drag a map to your Starcraft 2.exe or a shortcut and have fun!
    Also works with vernam7 SC2allin1 tool

Credits

* Original campaign by Blizzard
    * Original remake by Ultraling
    * Remake of that remake by me
    * Mod by Maverck
    * Models by GnaReffotsirk, DeveRR0, buhhy (I think... anyway, the people who made the models for Maverck's mod. Sorry if I'm leaving your name out)
    * Terrain polish by johnnythewolf
    * Custom decals by TooMuchTuch
    * Third Person Shooter engine by martinolsson
    * should also mention mr. J.Logan and Tolkfan, "borrowed" some briefing screen related functions
    * and of course thanks to Hati for his SC2 Localizer, so everyone can play the maps!

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Otaconrex
    Realm:
    Latin America
  • pinned ;-) because we love it

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I am a protoss fan.... does it is a protoss episode 3?

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    piciupitik
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @piciupitik - coming soon I hope

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Otaconrex
    Realm:
    Latin America
  • how do u play it?

Anonymous
    69.248.81.xxx
  • is it wrong that im in masters league and i dont kno how to play it?

Anonymous
    69.248.81.xxx
  • secretis it wrong that im in masters league and i dont kno how to play it?

lol yeap

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • There are several missions that cannot be played, the briefing room doesnt show at all in mission 7 for example, and the IA doesnt fight.
    Would be nice if you could fix it. But overall is pretty well done, congrats!

Anonymous
    190.189.199.xxx
  • To me a good game is like a book, a book where you can interact and make your own decisions, so like a book, i love to know the story from the very begining, i play starcraft 1 loooong time ago, so i want to remenber every single detail of the story before Wing os Liberty, i was goin to download starcraft 1 when i see this... just a GREAT WORK, LOVE THIS MOD ^^

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: