Where to Download the Galaxy Editor?
submit to reddit

• Ok, i added the dependencies and it works now, but alot of the buttons are still just green. is that normal?

Anonymous
    173.57.126.xxx
  • i downloaded a map(big game hunters) but i cant play it. someone please tell me how can i get the map work?

Anonymous
    60.52.25.xxx
  • can i edit the single player map ?

Anonymous
    180.72.119.xxx
  • anon: To play a custom map vs AI, just use the SC2Allin1 tool found on this site to launch the game with whatever settings you like.

Cady: You can only edit custom maps and to do that, simply open them with the galaxy editor.

Lieutenant
  • I dont have the beta and when I istalled it did not come with the editor can I download it somewhere?

Anonymous
    173.58.202.xxx
  • That post was written ages ago, during beta testing. The galaxy editor should now come installed together with any Starcraft 2 game.

Lieutenant
  • i try to run the editor but it wont open... what now?

Anonymous
    67.233.247.xxx
  • Please describe any error messages you see?

Lieutenant
  • To the people with problems:

Please make sure to post detailed replies so that the people that are helping you do not have to play 1-sentence pingpong with you. As Veior said, describe any error messages or any messages at all or exactly what happens when you do encounter the problem; a screenshot would just as much benefit.

And make sure to thank Veior for his awesome volunteer work as your guys' helper =P

[u][i]Xfire:[/u] [i]Heretician[/i] [b][u]AIM:[/u] Heretician420 [b][u]MSN:[/u] onealns@email.uc.edu[/b]
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Heretic / 967
    Realm:
    North America
  • Hello, im haveing the same problem, but im looking and i dont see it!, theres the starcraft folder but its not there, plz help

Anonymous
    71.194.82.xxx
  • i ment its not in the starcraft folder roflmo

Anonymous
    71.194.82.xxx
  • ok i dident read the thing over my 1st reply so ill try again, i go under documents, and i see the starcraft 2 folder, i click it, it brings up 2 folders and 1 document, when i click on the folders there are more documents, but its in code, i dont know it. i look and i look and i cant find it. plz help

Anonymous
    71.194.82.xxx
  • It is not under documents unless you installed SC2 there, it is in the actual game directory, usually located somewhere within program files.

Lieutenant
  • Do u have to have the beta to have the editor?

Anonymous
    99.224.106.xxx
  • I Tried But It Said SC2 Editor Not Installed

Anonymous
    218.212.146.xxx
  • this is all giving me no advice at all i downloaded patch 15 5 times and it still says when i click on the icon SC2editor is not downloaded. all i want to do is get on the editor

Anonymous
    74.167.99.xxx
  • its so stupid

Anonymous
    74.167.99.xxx
  • Alright, this is how I did it, first you gotta have a fresh install of SC2. Now play the starcraft 2 demo. After this go to /Starcraft II/versions/ and remove all the files in there. Then go to /*username*/Documents/starcraft II/accounts/ and rename the folder with the name "0" to "1549233". After this, disconnect from the interwebz and launch the editor! The editor is located in the starcraft2 folder where you installed it.

Anonymous
    83.86.37.xxx
  • i can't find out how to download it FUCK

Anonymous
    65.34.97.xxx
  • You idiots, don't download the beta, you have to buy the retail version or online version now. Problem fixed.

I can haz custom title now???
    Battle.net
    Name:
    tSwCryofrost
    Realm:
    North America
  • help! i cant find the editor and i dont have the beta is it possible to get it without the beta. if not how do i get the beta

Anonymous
    74.235.171.xxx
  • Just get retail? Or if you don't want to buy it, install the original and use guest.

Corporal
  • terran58if you have patch 15(editor come from patch 9), editor is in this directory
    (this is default directory for XP)

C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\StarCraft II Editor

see this picture(green earth icon)

hey i got a question where do u serch it library? computer?

Anonymous
    208.90.86.xxx
  • okay I know what is being said but I have to say I don't see it I have looked and it is not there, there is the MAP editor not the galaxy editor so can someone help or at least a downlaod link if anything

Battle.net
    Name:
    shadow
    Realm:
    North America
  • shadow515okay I know what is being said but I have to say I don't see it I have looked and it is not there, there is the MAP editor not the galaxy editor so can someone help or at least a downlaod link if anything

wt....?????

man Galaxy editor its an internal small tool of the map editor! i dont recall the menu now, but i think its under menu Data---Galaxy or triggers - editor. or press F11 or F6 in the map editor

and it has 2 modes, on that is object oriantly designer, and the other a text editor.

i think you need to start read the tutorials:
    http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy_Map_Editor

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: