Bug report and suggestion to improve AI
submit to reddit

• Hello, just observed game between ai, Protoss and Terran looking better then zegr still, One thing i noticed is Terran commander Grey turtle or something, 2 ai were the same commander and one has avarage APM 500 the other has 1500,and of course the one with 1500 won in the end.....

• Creep Tumor spam.
    Sending one queen to natural expand.

Random Starcraft 2 player. Only playing for Fun !!! It's A Good Day To Die.
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    DnA)DarkA
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • stealing terran's gas breaks them, especially if i steal both.

i realize having to modify the build timing to deal with resource denial may be quite difficult to code,
    however one bug is if i steal 1 gas, and then a marine comes to kill my extractor, and then i cancel and rebuild it, the marine runs off and never kills it.

also mules seem magnetically drawn to any extractors i put in their base.

also banshees don't use cloak properly. sometimes they flicker it on and off, but they never leave it on enough.

• Latest version isn't working, again black screen.

Anonymous
    62.193.148.xxx
  • @Logo: Thanks, problem solved.

To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult.
    GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • This AI is cool but needs different way of deploymenti will have to agree with the @asdf (you can spend few sec to find a nick dude) with the comamnders and spefic strategy idea!

even in random, if i find out what comamnder i am playing with i know what should i do to try and counter it!

thats not realistic! thats only good for practicing 1 and only specific opening

as i stay it lot of times ago i am more with the Difficulty commander Idea!

make a commander Easy/Medium/Hard/Insane
    that will randomly choose DURING the gameplay not only in the begining, based on my units and tactics what the AI will choose to go for! and based on the difficulty commander random between less or more commanders, and game style like backoff etc.

do t waste your commanders your work so far is really good, just use them differently! more dynamic and random INgame, let the AI change commander style lots of times during a game to counter my tactics or to push me!

do not start with one tactic and finish with the same! its at least not realistic and boring in my opinion! ;-)

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • you need to include a detailed readme about all the settings, or a UI to change settings.

for example, it took me way too long to discover i could turn off maphack, turn on scouting, change the mineral bonus, etc. and changing those settings isn't user friendly, either.

awesome AI, needs to be streamlined a bit.

Anonymous
    129.21.106.xxx
  • How can i turn off maphack???? Please cause i hate it. Thanks

• some commanders like red thor and blue marauder pusher
    working good team member and they are moving syncronize

but overpool commander and pink medivac not making good team work.
    not sync.
    overpool attacking but
    pink medivac just waiting right behind overpool
    i just figure out .
    pink medivac is lazy comrade or something.:)

map is decena

2TZ vs 2TT

Anonymous
    78.187.4.xxx
  • the terrans wall-off is pretty bad(0.48). It builds its barracks and depots at the choke, but doesn't even come close to a full wall-off. Made my baneling bust a lot easier than i originally thought :S

AI gets bunkers where it's supposed to, but doesn't seem to fill them properly? It only moves some units in them if they get attacked, but bunkers defending your most-forward expo should be filled at all times.

Anonymous
    87.212.151.xxx
  • To ensure quality rather than quantity, we want to make sure that every commander has do it best,
    So I make a test version for each commander. Every feedback are welcome :)

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • 0.49c fix
    when ai is under heavy attack he must change rally point back to a new defense line because newly spawned units r dying quickly.
    ps.zatic working .problem fixed

thanks

Anonymous
    78.187.4.xxx
  • I made a suggestion in another thread, so I'll link it here in the proper thread.

http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/goto/post/19704/

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Bugs found so far in Dark Green AI 0.49d (practice):

1. WhiteRa Was spending to many resources on expansions at cost of his army on map Metalopolis.

2.Snake didn't re-spawn his overlords after they got killed.

Anonymous
    62.193.148.xxx
  • hi thx for the ai but i have some problems with it.

on the "VISION ONLY" version i win 100%
    on the "VISION AND CHEATS" i loose 100%
    can you make a version between it?

and little thing: the zerg player dont react for long time when i block his exp. even if he has allready lings out.

Anonymous
    92.72.218.xxx
  • Does a bad job against rushes and harass. Needs to make complete walls, it tries to make walls but there's always some gaps, protoss needs to leave 1 unit gap against zerg and plug it with units, terran should make complete wall.

When you reaper harass it it doesn't send units to kill the reapers, it just A-moves workers to reapers, then if you back the reapers away it moves workers back to mine, then when you attack it A-moves, and just goes back and forth and you can kill all its workers. I needs to pull enough back to help, and since it has map hacks it could tell that harass is coming and have enough units there already. Sometimes it should try to surround with workers, do mineral walk, if the harassment is low on health, or if the harass too large it should mineral walk workers somewhere else until it cleans up the harass.

Also, as others have said, it should try to react to your strategy. I just sticks with one build and if you get the counter to it it doesn't change things up at all, it just stays the same loses. Since it has map hacks it could tell as soon you build a tech building and start the appropriate counter. And to go further with that note, it should expand more reactively to your econ, instead it just seems to expand at the set rate. Like if I'm zerg and doing a low econ rush, it will try expand and go up in expansions over the zerg instead of trying to defend a rush. And if I'm terran and fast expand, it won't expand soon enough or come with strong rush, instead it gets normal amount of units and expands at a normal time. And if I get a lot of defenses it won't expand any faster.

Anonymous
    24.17.242.xxx
  • This Ai must build more AntiAir units, i just have to build some banshees3 some vikings and i always win.

Anonymous
    109.128.30.xxx
  • I've played against this AI for a while (in the previous versions). I noticed the latest version Both very hard and insane have resource bonus.

I think this is a bad idea. Vision and unrestricted apm are ok, but bonus resources make for an unrealistic game.

For example, say an AI makes 12 zealots in the first 3 minutes and attack. It'll be very hard to stay alive. But if I can stay alive and eventually win, that doesn't mean help me improve as a player in real melee games because it's not possible for anyone to get resource bonuses in melee matches. A player may control his units exceptionally well (so apm is OK) and he might be able to have good scouting skills/intuition (so vision is ok). But it's unrealistic to have income bonus no matter how high the level of play.

I think the resource bonus is a quick fix to make the AI harder but bad for the AI for development in general. Of course, there should be a resource cheating AI, and that'll be like playing a custom map, for fun.

Just to clarify I am not saying this AI is bad at all, I think this project is great and the AI helped me a lot. I just think that a good AI should have realistic advantages and not resource bonus which might actually make a player perform worse in a real match.

Anonymous
    68.99.191.xxx
  • Yes, so that why it has other difficulty like Medium, Hard, which is the AI best when non-cheat. You have the right to choose ? right ^^. The very hard and Insane AI is another good challenge and for entertainment thought. If you want good practice. Hard or Medium AI is a way to go.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Yeah I feel like the terran AI isn't competitive at all without walloffs, especially vs Zerg. Does that have to be modified for every commander or can you just assign building placement in one specific place?

Anonymous
    129.89.140.xxx
  • Yes, can assign to all commander, but the problem is that specific place :P. In different map, the choke point is on different position and I can't make the AI determine that point. Very hard because in SC2 maps the terrain is very varies

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • that's lame. So there's no determine closest checkpoint or determine highside of checkpoint?

• You can see some maps the chokepoint is on high level, but some map at the low level or it only a closet point.

There is some constant c_nearChokePoint of blizzrd but result in very wrong place in some maps. Just like the Blistering sand, it will result next to the Rock, not to the near ouchoke point. I try to make a diffrerent determine and very close to the choke but the next building is problem, how can we determine that if we right, left or above the first building, it will wall in . A human can see that easy but with AI.... Think of this, close your eyes, then build the next building and imagine that map you never play since the AI play generaly for every map .

P/S: but I can make the Ai build wall in for one map :P, since I can determine the coordinate. Like make the Lost Temple AI, Blistering Sand AI. but it will be totally crazy. The AI which play can play all maps is much better and less boring. For now just imagine that an invisible wall when attack the terran and don't cross there choke point :P.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Hello,

i don't know if this is a known bug or not. But i just played 10 TvPs on Metalopolis. In 4 of those games the protoss ai managed to wall itself off from its natural expansion.

Greetings, Bruce

Anonymous
    88.66.37.xxx
  • Yeah I noticed the same thing on Blistering Sands. Toss walled itself off with a Robitics Facility and couldn't transfer probes to the expansion. Also in Z v P , P created a mothership and Z eventually created overseers but the overseers never followed Z's army. So Z eventually got farmed because all the Ovis sstayed in one spot.

CHeers

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: