NIbbits Ad Banner <3
submit to reddit

• Hi, <- newbie poster (starcrack ai official thread follower)

I just wanted to say kudos to the webdevs for including a message for us tweeps using adblock. When I saw this message up on top:

"What has a banner ever done to you?
    - support Nibbits, disable adblock!"

It somehow wanted me to reply, "Lots of aggrevation.." However, I decided to whitelist this page to see how aggrevating the banner(s) was, and it wasn't. One of the few places where you can get decent info (and files) without having to traverse huge amounts of spam. :)

Well done devs, now don't put a message in there saying you want me to click it, that would never work.

And while I'm still typing this message; (prolly my first and last) Thanks for all the work, your site is a twinkling star in an abyss of dark space.

Cheers

• I did that just to make people aware they were blocking ads. I tend to disable AdBlock on friendly sites (with morals), and figured other people sometimes think the same.

I have a big philosophy that will never change on Nibbits: We will not ever have any intrusive advertising. Any time I see a website using Intellitext (here after referred to as The Devil Ads), I just have to ask myself why.

Anyways, glad you enjoy the site. We really try to keep it fairly well polished and professional looking :)

Have feedback about Nibbits.com? Let me know!
    Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • It amused me too, however anything to do with google is blacklisted on everything I have.
    It's a privacy thing.

It it wasn't for that, I'd whitelist them too.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Personally, I do whitelist certain sites like Nibbits, and just between you and me, Yucie, I do happen to get fleetingly "interested" in the sites that are advertising from time to time. *click, Control+W* My little contribution to Nibbits :) Haha...

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Realm:
    North America

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: