Map Guidelines
submit to reddit

• As the Galaxy Editor comes out we will be a little bit more strict on what we allow within the mapping section. Many many maps that have been submitted up until now are simply just edits on the official maps. The edits are very minor, and usually include something like "2x minerals" or something meaningless like that.

While right now we allow this, because there isn't much variety and it's hard to build anything real, we will not be doing such once the editor is out. With the release of the editor we will begin removing existing maps which only modify things such as minerals and AI, and continue to remove future uploads of these maps.

Have feedback about Nibbits.com? Let me know!
    Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • I was curious if you guys have been talking to anyone over at Sc2Mapster.com/curse.com, they have a nice amount of UMS and a few good melee maps. Not sure if you guys are in "competition" or whatever. Just curious.

"I'm gonna save ace at any cost! Wash your potatoes and be ready for us!" - Monkey D. Luffy
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Mugiwara.NoRufi
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • They're definitely the competition, but many of the authors who post their maps there, also post them here.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • I have downloaded probably every map from here and there, i have been scouring google as well every once in a while for map sites. You guys have the best site by far. I would like to see all the maps in one place. Sorta like epicwar was for wc3. Just hope all the authors decide to put there maps here as well? I had a few maps i wanted to upload but then i did not want to spam you guys with maps and not know if it was alright. I'm ranting now so ill stop there ;x

"I'm gonna save ace at any cost! Wash your potatoes and be ready for us!" - Monkey D. Luffy
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Mugiwara.NoRufi
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Well Nibbits is kind of designed to be a replacement for EpicWar. It's the sole reason we allow anyone to upload maps. Feel free to add maps that you see that are missing, and if the author wants to claim ownership of it they can.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • i tried to update The Warrior RPG project and it did something funny with the title of the map, it says its title is The Warrior RPG correctly, but says its project page is Warrior_v0.5_.SC2Map which is the old map. Not sure if this is supposed to be like that or if you can fix it? i tried to edit the project but it wont let me, i am sure due to the fact i am not the author?

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Mugiwara.NoRufi
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I haz custom title
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ShadowT
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I corrected a bug this last weekend which consisted of the following:

- Projects and maps maintain separate authorships. Now when authorship of a map is updated, thats transferred over to the project (in most situations).
    - Same thing for the map name, though this was already happening. Again, most situations.
    - Some minor bug fixes for our pending changes system.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • thanks! Glad to help fix bugs on the site >D

p.s. i forgot to ask about map file sizes, i have a 51 mb map and it is good enough to share, not sure if there is a max file size. It would not upload for me, tried several times. Thanks again guys! love the site >D

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Mugiwara.NoRufi
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • put it on torrent if u can or megaupload/rapidahare

Private
  • I would like to upload a map i made but i need to know if there is a way to lock it first so someone cant edit it and take credit for my work. If you can tell me how to do that i would be glad to upload a few new maps ive created

• question were can i put the map when i download it??

Anonymous
    112.200.59.xxx
  • I'm having problems playing any of the maps I have downloaded from here. On sc2allin1 they all give the same error, that the map doesn't have the basic requirements a map needs (like starting points. resources etc...) any advice?

Anonymous
    196.215.110.xxx
  • ShrooMz,

Those errors mean that the map is incompatible with the requirements of gameplay.

In other words, the maps do not meet the minimum standard for gameplay.

For example, think of a car without an engine, or without wheels ... it needs to be fixed.

Maps are copyright to their owners, so one ought not to mess with them. The copyright is largely moral, eg the map belongs to the owner and that needs to be respected.

The only opensource maps I know of are my own. My maps work.

If you see those errors, best to move on. Plenty of maps that work.

I hope this explains things.

opensource Starcraft 2 maps: http://www.chrisentiae.com/artypixelle/
    artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe
  • yeh it does thanks, I have no intention of tampering with another's work, just a bit sad the only maps that work on this program are melee maps cause I was looking forward to the tower defences and custom campaigns :)

Anonymous
    196.210.255.xxx

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: