Chasing down the AI = ANNOYING
submit to reddit

• Hello people, i've been testing the launchers and the AI from nibbits, I'm really thankfull to them for giving us the oportunity to play this beta

BUT, i'wanna know, what do you think about been chasing down the AI every time you have a small adventage in units numbers?

I mean, all my matches consist in an inicially agressive AI who atack me and, continuously ,fall back every time it lost a few units...

This become very boring after a while, I wanna see some real fights, but that ones only happen when the AI can overrun me with supirior numbers, not even when I'm destroying its base, its forces still try to escape

Human player usually play that way, but for a single player would be more fun some accion, not just ''moving in'' and ''falling back''

• If human players retreat, they retreat - and not retreat for 3 seconds, come back into attack range, retreat again for 3 seconds, come back into...

This is what's happening right now :)

I put a small army on HOLD to guard my base while I'm attacking one AI, and the other just keeps retreating and coming back continuously. I'm assuming it's trying to lure a unit or two out, but man I wish they'd just move in with whatever they've got.

Anonymous
    213.243.84.xxx
  • I have some fun using the infestor's Fungal Growth to stop those annoying enemy forces from running away,or cracklings, but still, I want blood!!

• I agree, this is one of the flaws of the Ai at this point.
    It appears to be trying to micro it's forces but doesn't ever make up it's mind.

If it knows it can win the battle then it should push forth and destroy it's opponent instead of dancing.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I agree with Yucie

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • This dancing routine doesn't have anything to do with strategy, there were lots of times when AI amassed plenty of forces to make a huge impact or at least get rid of my secondary base. But he didn't. He just danced out there until I went and slashed the everyone in pieces with two (!!) dark templars.

tested 7.0 + maphack + ai 310% harvest bonus.

Until this awful issue is fixed, every now and then I just switch to previous versions just to have that rush going.

• There are 3 different causes for this bug and they are the result of how the original blizzard code manages 'attack waves'.

1: The first issue is that the AI has a strong preference for having a stronger attack wave than you. we haven't really done to much work on this at the moment as the behavior is somewhat random. we can make the AI more aggressive at the cost of it being prepared to suicide it units more often. there is a fine balance to this and we have not found it yet.

2: the attacking wave will retreat if its base is attacked. this can be a simple as having 1 marine go and attack its base. The AI will do a full retreat to stop it.

3: the attacking wave was never an attacking wave but a 'defense wave' that has chased a unit away from its base and is then retreating. From my testing this happens quite frequently.

All this behavior is controlled by the code in 'TriggerLibs\MeleeAI.galaxy' for those that are interested.

ccT 2
    Private

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: