Practice AI
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • In the next version (7.5) of StarCrack AI, I'm going to be including some more customization aimed at Battle.net users who don't have practice partners, or when their practice partners aren't around.

Right now I'm having confidence problems with fast expand as zerg on some maps (the common 14/hatch). So I've got a zerg/toss and terran option where they put on very early pressure so I can practice holding off attacks on my fast expand.

More options will come, like turtling, specific unit builds, cheeses.

Discuss :D

• So you mean we have the option to force the AI into a particular build? Interesting :)
    I <3 cheese :P

Anonymous
    83.93.254.xxx
  • Well, it's going to be more complex than that. It will be a specific style of play overriding other functions, so he won't go about the build the same way every time.

I'm also going to include an easy way for people to put custom build orders in.

• Turdburgler, you've done it again! Exactly the types of things the community wants from AI. Keep up the good work.

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Donk.859
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I. Love. You.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • Can you add a new feature about rebuilding the base after it was destroyed by enemy.

Anonymous
    125.120.164.xxx
  • StarCrack AI V6 good

Anonymous
    112.142.92.xxx
  • Can you add a new feature about rebuilding the base after it was destroyed by enemy.
    Reply Permalink
    Posted 2 days ago
    St.Monkey

I agree. I notice when I hold against an AI they just give up, even though they could kill me.

Anonymous
    173.51.123.xxx
  • it seems the biggest issue with the AI is them not committing to an attack, or backing off all the way and playing defensively. For any race, they will keep on running in and out of my Collossi range.

if you overpower their force, they should still commit, or go to a choke and set up there (at the top of the ramp, not in the ramp like they currently do to defend).

they should also sacrifice units instead of cutting losses and just retreating

also, if pathing is blocked (say by a sentry shield), they should sacrifice them as well, and just attack move. (or if pathing is blocked, by a shield, dont attack, cause i can hold off zerg forever with 7 sentries and cannons.)

Anonymous
    141.219.76.xxx
  • Ooohkay- many things to comment

First of all, thank you and all the people who is working hard to get starcrack to be the best AI in the world =]]

Well-
    okay. here it is

I've noticed that when the terran siege tank converts into siege mode, it starts doing some heavy splash damage around the targeted area, however, the other units that the terran AI owns sometimes moves up close to the target, thus causing the siege tank's splash damage to effect their own units.

i mean-
    there are actually more problems than this, but I just cant remember all of them at the moment.

once again, thanks again for every hard work that you guys do- much appreciated =]]

• Um is starcrack 7.2 broken? Or does it not automatically start on hard? All I did was a little early reaper harass and in the very late game I noticed it did not expand at all and eventually I just dropped 2 seige tanks and it gg'ed

Anonymous
    71.17.46.xxx
  • I have posted this comment on both threads from the official thread.

I have noticed that the Opponent AIs will team up against my ally even on the easy setting.

I have also noticed that the AI knows where all your bases are. Even when playing with the AI that doesn't have the map hack.

3rd, the AI's scout will sit there even if its path is blocked and scouts the entire game. I think it should scout once and whatever units you send it will counter.

The AI also doesn't build defenses or as a terran player, build supply depots in front.

The AI should also expand at any difficultly, as in easy, and very easy they don't expand, so they run out of minerals then you kill them.

Update AI strategies to be up to date with the current patch. I would also like to see the AI try to harass you with mutas or reapers.

Finally, I have noticed that the AI will have its army dance by going back and forth when you attack them. You can also attack their army and back up, attack, back up. Then they will run back to attack their target and you attack them and they try to attack your army. Please have them attack your army rather than run back to attack their target once they get a bit away from it.

I know its a lot of things to fix, but this is everything I think needs to be fixed. Once this is fixed, I think the AI would be perfect (or near) until the next patch. Other than all that, the AI is good.

Anonymous
    174.52.131.xxx
  • Okay few more things added to what I said

1st, when the terran refinary is under attack by a worker, the AI does not respond to it using its own worker like how it would send 2 workers to kill my worker that would be hurting anything else in their base.

Does that sound confusing? like.
    If i send a probe and start attacking a refinary,the AI does not send 2 scvs, nor start fixing the refinary when it reaches the red HP. I don't think the AI fixes any building that's gone below red HP in terran... seems like quiet a big problem.

Also when the vikings are running away, they tend to get on the ground to get into a combat first and then runs away on the ground, which i can chase very easily to defeat them. If they notice that there's not really an anti-air, and perhaps there are better chance of survival if they are in the mid-air, i feel that it would be better.

Also i have not witnessed when the protoss AI uses the chrono boost on anything..

For zerg, it seems that the queens do spawn the creep tumors, but despite the fact that the creep tumors can expand on its own, the queen seems to always place new creep tumors.. it could be fixed I think

That's all I can remember for now. I will come back to this when I remember more.

• Is there something I'm missing. I've tried changing the difficulty in the AI difficulty galaxy file but I can't see a difference between anything I enter. In all cases the comp masses me pretty early and I die (I've tried 0,1,2,3,50,9,99 as difficulty entries). I can beat it if I rush fast, but that's no fun. I've never seen a place to change difficulty besides in the file. Any help in making it easier..?

Anonymous
    96.35.175.xxx
  • I've got the same problem. Regardless the difficulty set in the galaxy file, computer always plays the same way. It seems that it also has a mining bonus.. Any ideas on how to change that?

Anonymous
    89.78.51.xxx
  • First I'd like to see exactly what the difference in the various AIs are.

The difficulty is not very symmetrical.
    medium seems too easy
    Hard, very hard and insane seem to all be about the same difficulty.

I play mostly Teren using 7.02 starcrack.

Maybe smarter expansion. They do expand and will rebuild if you crush a base. But they never go for the high (gold colored crystals for income)

They do a pretty good job of keeping me from expanding.

Teren never uses ghosts or banshees. Never been nuked by them.

Anonymous
    98.209.57.xxx
  • TurdburglerIn the next version (7.5) of StarCrack AI, I'm going to be including some more customization aimed at Battle.net users who don't have practice partners, or when their practice partners aren't around.

Right now I'm having confidence problems with fast expand as zerg on some maps (the common 14/hatch). So I've got a zerg/toss and terran option where they put on very early pressure so I can practice holding off attacks on my fast expand.

More options will come, like turtling, specific unit builds, cheeses.

Discuss :D

7.5? Am I missing some versions?

I had 7.0 and now 7.02

Are you jumping from 7.02 --> 7.5?

Anonymous
    98.209.57.xxx
  • pretty much looks like it, maybe there was versions 7.3 <=> 7.4 <=> 7.5 for patch 9 & 10 tryn to get it to work for differ patches of the game, just my guess

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    PiTTy
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I have noticed that if boulders are blocking the way, the AI will NOT destroy the boulders but it will fight around them or just set there hoping the way opens up for them. They wont even blow up the boulders blocking their own path. Instead they'll load them in carriers and go around. LAME. Can you fix it?

Anonymous
    74.248.242.xxx
  • starcrack ai 7.03 is pretty damn hard even in medium difficulty but i like it.., thanx

Anonymous
    112.198.196.xxx
  • Im just curiosu when changing the dificulty in the text file what are all the possible values 0 to ? . Thanks

Anonymous
    68.144.148.xxx
  • ^noxIm just curiosu when changing the dificulty in the text file what are all the possible values 0 to ? . Thanks
    DIFFERENT OPENINGS

const int zerg_open = -1;
    -1 = random
    0,1,2 = zerglings
    3 = fast expand .. broken
    4 = roach pressure from [url]http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Roach_Pressure_%28vs_Protoss%29[/url]
    5 = 6pool

const int terran_open = -1;
    -1 = random
    0+1 are the same = marines + mauraders
    2 = fast marines with shield wall
    3 = hellion rush ... its broken but you can try it

const int protoss_open = -1;
    -1 = random
    0 = 4 gates + rush
    1 = 2 Gates + Robotics
    2 = 3 gates + Zealot

AI SETTINGS

const int c_difficulty = 0;
    this changes the amount of workers the AI builds ... expands are also based on the number of workers the AI has so changing this might stop the AI expanding basicly its (build X workers - c_difficulty)

const int c_mineralBonus = 1;
    increase this to make the AI get more minerals per trip its a multiplier.

const string c_maphack = "false";
    false = normal player vision
    true = they have maphack

NEW IN 7.03
    const int c_scared=1;
    1 = will get scared
    0 = fearless

const int c_retreat=1;
    1 = will retreat
    0 = never retreat

ccT 2
    Private
  • What's with the AI knowing EXACTLY where I am?? Is that supposed to happen? cause if so I think it's a little bull$h!t that I have to scout out for the computer and they can send units directly at me without finding me first. Can someone please give me some insight into this?

Anonymous
    24.156.15.xxx
  • @AlphastarCF
    lvl of AI using maphack
    disable maphack setting 1 to 0
    edit AIDifficulty.galaxy with text editor like this:

//Changing false to true will give the AI maphack
    const string c_maphack = "false";

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ahmetbogus
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • It's already set to false as you describe. But I still have the same issue

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: