Post here Suggestions that could make the tool “better”.
submit to reddit

• Vernam, even if you make no changes from this point on, I am happy.

These are just suggestions and I was very conscious of suggesting them in such a way as there would be no visible change to the interface and virtually no change to existing user patterns. I am a analyst and developer too, which is why I am aware of such implications and that it is not always easy to implement.

But if a user does not know about the double-clicks it makes no difference to them. For those who generally use short-cuts (and it won't just be me I have seen lots of posts saying they like playing on with lots of AI opponents) they can be done without going the Blizzard way and removing ANY options.

Anyway. Just suggestions. Love the tool. Look forward to whatever you decide is best. Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Private
  • Idk if it has been mentioned yet. But can you make it so we can launch an older version of starcraft II if we wish?
    i.e. the greentea AI isn't working for 1.10 atm. So I'd like to launch it in 1.03, without having to do something weird like reinstall the game and only update to 1.03. If I'm not mistaken I think one of your earlier versions during the beta could do that.

Anonymous
    217.60.198.xxx
  • SantaClawsIdk if it has been mentioned yet. But can you make it so we can launch an older version of starcraft II if we wish?
    i.e. the greentea AI isn't working for 1.10 atm. So I'd like to launch it in 1.03, without having to do something weird like reinstall the game and only update to 1.03. If I'm not mistaken I think one of your earlier versions during the beta could do that.

yes i had this option in previous beta versions i am not gona do that again, its not worthing, the GT will be updated very soon and you should post your request (gt update to the AI topic) this is nothing too important.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Well, I showed this tool to a friend of mine and he says it's awesome. Unfortunately, it needs at least .NET 3.5 SP1 (please correct me if I'm wrong) and the latest .NET I can run on my system (Linux) is 3.0. I've been able to play the whole campaign and it runs flawlessly on Linux, but I can't get the launcher to work. So, my question is, can you compile a version of the tool that could run using older .NET (2 or 3)?

Anonymous
    83.143.253.xxx
  • SC2_LinuxWell, I showed this tool to a friend of mine and he says it's awesome. Unfortunately, it needs at least .NET 3.5 SP1 (please correct me if I'm wrong) and the latest .NET I can run on my system (Linux) is 3.0. I've been able to play the whole campaign and it runs flawlessly on Linux, but I can't get the launcher to work. So, my question is, can you compile a version of the tool that could run using older .NET (2 or 3)?

i will see what i can do for that! there are some libraries that i am using that are compbiled with .net 3.5 and that will make it a little difficult, but sure i would love to support more Linux users and i will try to make next version combiled in 3.0 or 2.0 ;-)

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Hmm... Could you make a hotkey learner? And maybe add it to the launcher. It would show different key icons from the game in a random order and you have to press its hotkey. Make it 10 levels long maybe and the speed at which they appear would increase per level and if there are more than let's say 10 icons on the screen you lose, and even add a score maybe. Also it could be for Grid hotkeys and for the normal ones aswell. And it would be seperate for Protoss, Zerg and Terran and maybe mix in some of the more basic keys like attack, hold, etc.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Cry
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I think that would be more suited for a custom map, not a launcher.

Lieutenant
  • i am still trying to understand what you mean :P

the grid keyboard was there and is still supported as long as you actually make the grid sortcuts your self, i will try to ask Phoenix to make it again for the retail version...or if an other guy has them ready i would love to use them in the include them egain in next version.

now i suport keyboards but what YOU made off not made by us.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • DaRkBoZHi,

Here is some of my ideas

- Make more settings save-able between playing session, i often if not always play 4vs4 (7ai / me) in team and it's a bit long to put all my settings back again (location, ai, team) to play the same map when i close and open the launcher again later, so my idea would be to save per map the last settings you've used to launch the game or maybe something like playing template so that you can save your setting under "4vs4 insane AI" or "2vs2vs2 hard AI" and recall it with a menu or something.

- Add some sort of filters for maps to sort them by type or tag them with right click (melee, ums, etc...) and use radio button or folders to filter map, because when you have alot of map it become messy really fast ^^

- Since it's a one time button could you make the map bonus button disappear when it has been already used one time ? :) or at least invert the button location with select map, i was used to have the select map button @ the bottom right of the UI.

- Disabling the speed menu when selecting UMS game type (since speed setting is ignored) (thanks terran58 for precision about this issue), because it's misleading :)

Thanks for reading this dunno if i was thorough in my explanations. Cya :)

I second the notion to make the settings save-able between playing sessions.

• ExoStreaM
    DaRkBoZHi,

Here is some of my ideas

- Make more settings save-able between playing session, i often if not always play 4vs4 (7ai / me) in team and it's a bit long to put all my settings back again (location, ai, team) to play the same map when i close and open the launcher again later, so my idea would be to save per map the last settings you've used to launch the game or maybe something like playing template so that you can save your setting under "4vs4 insane AI" or "2vs2vs2 hard AI" and recall it with a menu or something.

- Add some sort of filters for maps to sort them by type or tag them with right click (melee, ums, etc...) and use radio button or folders to filter map, because when you have alot of map it become messy really fast ^^

- Since it's a one time button could you make the map bonus button disappear when it has been already used one time ? :) or at least invert the button location with select map, i was used to have the select map button @ the bottom right of the UI.

- Disabling the speed menu when selecting UMS game type (since speed setting is ignored) (thanks terran58 for precision about this issue), because it's misleading :)

Thanks for reading this dunno if i was thorough in my explanations. Cya :)

I second the notion to make the settings save-able between playing sessions.

take a look here i think you will find most of the good ideas been already under development!
    plz to not reply there though.

http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/29/view/692/post-internal-build-feedback-here-support-team-and-dev-team-only

tnx

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • If by any chance you can make so you can save your replay's, the games that you play at the end, that would be great.:X

Anonymous
    81.196.76.xxx
  • JackIf by any chance you can make so you can save your replay's, the games that you play at the end, that would be great.:X

this is automatically been done by the game! look at recent saves directory similar question should be posted on the other sc2 generic forums

tnx

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Didn't know that, becose in the original game you actually have to save them at the end, it has a save replay button, and if you don't save them, it won't save them by itself.
    But that is great, if you want to practice, its important to watch your replays to see where you screw up.

• My suggestions-
    1-Add support for higher DPIs of fonts as the higher setting makes the font go out of box and some items cant be read.
    2-Add a preview of replay (eg map and players) and duration. I can imagine it will be pretty hard to do.
    3-Ability to launch Scenarios (I have some scx files that I can't play Yep,I have pirated version so I cant select maps from within game).
    4-Ability to save match ups per map or global. e.g. setting eight AI difficulty, setting their race and then setting teams over other time kinda gets on my nerves.
    5-Addition of 'Vision' in cheats section.

Anonymous
    218.248.64.xxx
  • continued ---

6- Add ability to filter maps by size and player counts.
    7-Filter replay by length. You can also add an show winner button.
    8-Ability to Rate items like maps/saves/replays. e.g. if i like some particular replays or maps then I can give them 5 star rating and thus save a lot of trouble going through 100+ replays and 30+ maps....

Other suggestions (more like wishes :))

Cheat. Allow the replay menu (show production,income) in normal game.

Adjust speed in game. (just like supreme commander)

Cheat. AI vision and control of enemy AI ... when Insane AI steamrolls you within first few minutes using damned Thors :(

Anonymous
    218.248.64.xxx
  • Add Lan play to the launcher :P

Anonymous
    143.167.246.xxx
  • DeathAdd Lan play to the launcher :P

you should say add LAN support to sc2 directly LOL

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • hi vern7
    at least add commander selection on gui for GT AI.
    no rnd after all.

thx

Anonymous
    213.43.81.xxx
  • redhi vern7
    at least add commander selection on gui for GT AI.
    no rnd after all.

thx

few months back i had this almost ready, but now the GT AI changes Commanders randomly during the gamplay! so this is not possible as far as i know....for now.... ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • so you can do with disable random change commanders and lock commander 1 or 2 or 3 so on...

i think you can but how ?? i dunno.

thx

Anonymous
    213.43.85.xxx
  • redso you can do with disable random change commanders and lock commander 1 or 2 or 3 so on...

i think you can but how ?? i dunno.

thx

i will talk with the pantha.... from GT AI again, if this is still possible, but i dont know,

the way to do it its very easy and known to me, if its possible with the current structure of the AI is what i dont know... we will see. tnx anyway ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • choice is yours Vern7.

A)add LAN Play support

B)Improve GT AI Play

:)
    thx .
    p.s. multiple choice possible.

Anonymous
    213.43.77.xxx
  • a) not posible

b) will be done in a form of Commander selection for the next version, we talked with Panth and i will do it in the next version.

http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/29/view/692/post-internal-build-feedback-here-support-team-and-dev-team-only

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Did random get added back in?

Anonymous
    8.25.90.xxx
  • SamDid random get added back in?

as you can see YES!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: