Post here Issues / Bugs / Problems regarding the launcher only.
submit to reddit

• hello vernam

great job with the latest release!

you say "script error" , means "mainstate error" some people get? that is related to map version, patch 8 (14803) use patch8 maps (patch8 blistering sands) and after patch 8 use new maps (new blistering sands).

can't wait for new AI...

now AI "medium" is very easy, they do not fight back after 1 push and gg very fast...increase one level difficult to "hard" and it become super hard...no way to win, they have like double money AND better apm?

can i set bonus minerals to none for Hard mode? how?
    i tried c_int bonusminerals "1" no difference if choose Hard, it get override i think by Hard setting when game launch.

Private
  • @vernam7: That's great news! About the script error, you can fix it by not using AIDiffEnum() in the races' init methods. Instead just use "state = X;" where X corresponds to the actual value of the state constant. Can you share how you got the team alliance to work? hehe

Edit: I also managed to make the Protoss AI from StarCrack 7.00 to work with patch 10. I'll work on Terran and Zerg tonight.

Corporal
  • very nice idea about Allies and its great to hear about difficulty per player
    you are, our hope
    and new AI .... newAI..?!?!? waiting for surprise :)

Captain
  • someone tell me where to change the constant for

bonusminerals

i want to change to "bonus 0" for Hard AI

Private
  • @oosh just set difficulty to medium
    difference between hard and medium is mineral bonus and map vision

Captain
  • @Syryuu
    the error it apears EVEN with Blizzard's default AI, i am not even trying to create a new AI i am not in that field expert (so far) and thats other guys work.

still i found a way to avoid the error, but still the AI mines only, i am close to enable the default BLizzard take Action.
    i know its possible because over b.net it works!

i just looking for other way acheaving my goals like speed and team, without having to hack "that much" or not at all the main process.

the most importan is it seems you are understanding lot those why dont you reply in my oppening position topic or PM and join us? working alone in making your own AI will not help you :) more minds combined is better than one!

our guys are not just trying to make the 7.02 compatible they are adding new functionalities specially for the team vs team part!
    (you know to tell your AI allie, i need you here join me ;-) )

also about "sharing" info, at this point and at this place i cant, because its not final work and because i will contribute my findings to our wiki when i am done ;-)

i did that in darkblizz long ago when i found the correct way to load the startlocations, for example.

@ooshif you insist so much that you edit the difficulty by your self, then select the medium and Before pressing the "launch" button go to sc2 program directory locate and edit the aidiff.galaxy.

your changes will remain there untill you choose an other difficulty or restart the tool.

i said in the past wait for my AI editor ;-)

as i said in previous post
    for those previously asking:

this is the settings that starcrack team recommend for the 3 levels.
    for more explanation you need to ask in the AI forum ;-)

EASY

const int zerg_open = -1;
    const int terran_open = -1;
    const int protoss_open = -1;
    const int c_difficulty = 2;
    const int c_mineralBonus = 1;
    const string c_maphack = "false";

MEDIUM

const int c_difficulty = 0;
    const int c_mineralBonus = 1;
    const string c_maphack = "false";

HARD

const int c_difficulty = 0;
    const int c_mineralBonus = 2;
    const string c_maphack = "true";

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • excellent vernam!

thanks again..! haha

Private
  • @vernam7: I'm have very little knowledge in AI scripting. My background in C++ is the only reason why I can find my way tracing thru the scripts. :)

I'm not sure if I have already mentioned this but, the AI in the Mods/Liberty.SC2Mod folder is parsed on load time but the actual AI used ingame is the one in the patch.SC2Archive file.

I should have already mentioned this, I'm dynamically injecting my AI scripts within the patch.SC2Archive file just before I launch the application. There might be a better way to configure the AI properly but this is the only method I have so far. hehe
    I am very much willing to help in any way but I doubt I have enough technical skills to be a part of your team. :)

What I'm doing is just a hobby. And basically for personal satisfaction. :)
    I am looking forward to your wikis in the future. :)

Corporal
  • the way you described Syryuu (patching blabla bla) is the way i am using since 773.

but importing the AI files in a patch that is 800+MB is not the right way to work! the proccess takes time and you risk corrupting the file, specially users with slow PCs will get very unhappy! and if the proccess for some reasons crashes when you were compating the file (otherwize the size will kepp geting bigger and bigger)
    if that happens the patch is destroyed and people will have to reinstall and that is not gona make them happy again :P

i have few Aces in my sleeve that you would allow my not to share( at least not right now) ;-)
    snipers are watching :D

still i insist on the invitation you have the skills it takes to get in the team ;-) just PM

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • also Ais compatible to atch 10 its only a matter of hours to arrive, i found 1 for prottoss my self, the point

isnt WHO IS FIRST
    BUT WHO IS BEST! ;-)

rushing stuff jsut to get some tnx arround isnt my way and our teams way of working! we want stable competitive solutions!

not fast food junks ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Hmm...I've not really thought of the implications when modifying the file but I agree the implementation could be cleaner. I've not actually used a slow PC (just a dual core and a core 2 duo) but I really don't experience any lag just before launch. Anyways, I'm very much impressed by your work with C#.NET. You've obfuscated your work (the launcher) so I didn't get information from it.hehe
    Keep up the good work! :)

Edit: I've no desire to compete with the launchers (especially you superb launcher) and AI scripts around. I keep my own work for myself but I'm willing to share the knowledge (no matter how little) I have with others.

Corporal
  • Hey Vernam7, thanks a lot for your hard work. I just have a question, would it be possible to use AI in the maps that created by G-editor (in .SC2Map types of maps)?

Private
  • i always obfuscating my work and actually its in vb.net but not big difference (stop trying with the reflector hehehe) when this project reaches it final day i will release its source probably to the public.

i dont like people stilling your code and presended as their ideas thats why i encrypt my work. if some is about to give clear credits we can share code in the future any way here is some other GREAT news (i hope)

new Team system-options, Difficulty per player maybe handicap and player NAMES (yes thats right i found how to put player names, still dont think that beside your own name is usufull for the AIs lol)

anyway it make the current UI not compatible so many new things to add and so little space, so i have restart the heavy work on the v10.x UI there is a small possibility version v10.x will be the next next version of this tool.

p.s1 before asking the same old question, NO Plans for Emulator i am focusing in the offline for now expireance, No plans for lan also at the momment...even if i had i would say it :P lol
    but i dont. this is just how i want the new launcher too look like in shape....nothing final yet.

p.s today i am gonna take the day off for my self
    IronMan2 1st day premier here i am gonna hit the theaters :P lol

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @shuha_f 99% yes

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7i have few Asses in my sleeve that you would allow my not to share( at least not right now) ;-)

Hahahaha, sorry its too funny i couldn't resist.

But anyway you meant Aces.

Hurry vernam7 edit and correct before anybody else sees that.

Anonymous
    62.193.148.xxx
  • @vernam7: I respect others work and give them credit when due.

Anyway, WOW! You really have a way with UI. I'll wait for v10. Cool, really cool work man! :)

Damn, I have to wait 2 more days before Iron Man 2 is in theaters here. :(

Corporal
  • logo
    vernam7i have few Asses in my sleeve that you would allow my not to share( at least not right now) ;-)

Hahahaha, sorry its too funny i couldn't resist.

But anyway you meant Aces.

Hurry vernam7 edit and correct before anybody else sees that.

LOL hahahahahaha
    stupid google spellchaker i selected this by mistake lol

tnx dude i corrected it

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7@shuha_f 99% yes

Thanks, as every1 else, i cant wait for your launcher to release.

Private
  • Anonymous
    89.138.82.xxx
  • OmranWas this
    http://www.patentarcade.com/2010/04/blizzard-sues-starcrack-hackers.html
    Not true?

p.s1 before asking the same old question, NO Plans for Emulator i am focusing in the offline for now expireance, No plans for lan also at the momment...even if i had i wouldnt say it :P
    lol i amnot stupid posting videos online and crap like that!
    but i dont.
    this is just how i want the new launcher too look like in shape....nothing final yet.

basically what i am curently doing is what the map editor somehow does!

but i do it easier, and without the need of cd-key to play online, and in a nicer UI for everyone!

i do not emulate anything and Blizzard is not loosing money from my tool, thats why they didnt even contact me or attacked me,

1)i dont give my personal info online and i dont advertise my self and Ego by provoking Blizzard.
    2)i dont do anything against their licence agreement

3)i am fucking advertise their super game and make accessible to everyone.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • guys plz stay on topic! this has been discussed before many times.-

tnx

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Looking forward to next version. Hope things go well.

Anonymous
    70.52.203.xxx
  • I did IT!!!!!!!!!!! yeaaaaaaaaa hooooooooooooooooo

i found and load the damn Blizzrd AI normally and now testing with advanced settings, NO MORE JUST GATHERING guys! i will try untill StarCrack IS out to improve the Blizzard AI to keep you company with the latest Build!

now we have it ALL
    teams
    shares
    controls
    speed
    AI
    NO Fucking sript ERRORS!

oh god i love this job :)

a new relese will definetly be Friday or Sut out!

now i can relax and enjoy my damn movie tonight :D

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Great news! We all appreciate your work!

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: