Post here Issues / Bugs / Problems regarding the launcher only.
submit to reddit

• i am sure you have something wrong, either double files, like double ai, or trying to load a modified map, or a replay with the wrong ai selected....

it cant be anything else, you just miss it right now, i am sure with more careful look you will find whats wrong with your setup.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • UAC is off, lol that crap drives me nuts I always have it off.

I will uninstall again, clear any remaining local folders, and then run CC cleaner to clear registry. Then I will restart, disable antivirus, and install SC. I will not allow updates and I will try launching with LazyLauncher.

If this works, I will update, install AllinOne 773, and then put cache and maps in appropriate, previous directories. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • Alright, so I uninstalled again, ran cc cleaner which was the one step I didn't do last time. I reinstalled and got a filesize error during updating. I moved my beta install from my D drive to my C drive and installed from there, this time there was no error during updating. Following the update I restarted, installed the launcher, maps, and cache, and everything is happy now.

Thanks for the registry tip guys!

Twinblade, do what I did I think it will work for you.

I left Nod on the whole time and had no issues, UAC was off, I run the launcher as admin.

Update- I played for a few hrs, no problems. I watched some replays from a replay pack, three in a row, all good. I watch another, and have to ALT-TAB. SC2 crashes. Only happens with blizzard replays. I couldn't use SC2 after the crash.

I uninstalled, cleaned reg, restarted, installed, updated, installed launcher, skipped cache files, SC2 is fine.

If anyone has the issue with load screen flickering and then crashing at about 95% then do what I said above, and I suggest you just watch replays on youtube for the time being.

Again, not sure if this is something with the cache, the tool, or the beta, but hopefully this can help someone.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • I have loading issues. For whatever reason when i chose a map/race etc in any case what first happens is my screen displays the starcraft 2 logo, then it flashes constantly until sometimes it seems to stabilize at the very end of the loading sequence. However, i must load maps several times in order for it to eventually be stable. If it fails to stabilize before loading, i must ctr+alt+del end process and start over. This has been the case with every launcher i have tried. I am running win 7 64bit 4GB DDR3 1333 Q9600 GTX275

Anonymous
    76.31.211.xxx
  • well thanks for the help guys, but i tried everything you said FootMan2k in the same order and it flashed a bit and worked, then i changed map and like before it flashed like hell and eventually just black screen and then crash report with send/cancel option...
    and i still cant understand why this weird screen flashing is happening every time.. =\
    so frustrating

• Josh, this sounds a lot like what I had happen, I think your install somehow got f'd up... that's what mine is doing if it becomes unstable and I have to ctrl alt del, which it only does for some reason when I alt tab out of a blizzard replay, that's it. Now that I fixed issue I have stopped watching replays except for on youtube.

Uninstall, clean registry with CC Cleaner, and reinstall.

Make sure antivirus is off.

Make sure UAC is off.

Make sure you run as administrator.

Make sure if you're using CC cleaner to run both the registry cleaner tab, and the cleaner tab.

I would uninstall, delete all local files, and start over with a whole new install, maybe re download all files. Run cc clean, restart, hell run it again after the restart, install SC2, restart, then install patches and launcher.

It seems to be happening to a lot of people, specifically with Win 7 64 I think. Something with the beta becoming unstable is corrupting files in the reg I think. Weird..

Good luck let me know how it works out.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • Ok it seems like the flashing problem was fixed by following your last post FootMan2K but now the game just crashes back to desktop on loading screen.. will update following progress..

• i downloaded the launcher but it keeps canceling after loading like when i launch it show the bar when it reaches the end it goes back to the launcher

Anonymous
    206.116.165.xxx
  • Bobi downloaded the launcher but it keeps canceling after loading like when i launch it show the bar when it reaches the end it goes back to the launcher

not enought info

search around the topic you will find lots of "issues" that ended up to be user luck of knowledge ;-)

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • alright the game seems to work now, i just reinstalled and followed FootMan2K instructions again and everything seems to work now, replays and normal games. thanks for you support guys. CCleaner seemed to make the difference

• CC cleaner is certainly the fix when doing a re install, if you skip this step you will still have issues after load screen.

Glad I could help Twinblade.

Pre order at GameStop and get a beta key with purchase!!! Just a thought for those who wanna go online.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • i was going throught some old files of the project and i thought i would be nice to remember how this project started

so here is some screenshots for those dont know it.

and here is what i am trying to achive with the next Major release of SCALLin1 v10.x

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Wow, are we seeing LAN support here? 8D
    GO GO VERNAM!!

Also, eh, less Flashy GUI please? More often than not, less is more.

Anonymous
    60.48.231.xxx
  • Vernam7 you're the MAN. When can we expect next release?

Private
  • logoVernam7 you're the MAN. When can we expect next release?

actually next release will be tommorow Friday night actually because i need to get the patch 9 and do some test before releasing, i am thinking of importing the complete list of official maps...we will se, also next version will be sc2 version non dependable, because right now if in your country Patch 9 comes out and you use the 773 it will mess your game!

sorry i said its version dependable.

so hang in there untill tommorow!

now about the next Major release it will defenetly be early next month.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • uhm, will patch 9 work with ur current launcher version? should i try or not download the patch?

• Twinbladeuhm, will patch 9 work with ur current launcher version? should i try or not download the patch?

i think i said it just above

7.7.3 works ONLY with Patch 8 GB and US

patch 9 tommorow

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Have been playing for some time using the Valkarie launcher but now im crashing just as the game starts. :ticked: Switched over to Vernam launcher but same thing. Also if i just try to go to the login screen on the original starcraft beta client it stays there for maybe 5 seconds and then crashes with error:

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/capturemv.png/

Have reinstalled twice now from scratch. Any help here would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

EDIT: have tried on 2 different computers now 1 with Windows 7 64 and 1 with Windows 7 32 .. getting the same error for both on launch. Have re installed on both machines numerous times now with no difference. :-[

Does anyone know why this is happening now? Been playing fine for weeks :bangshead:

Antivirus is off when i run it so i dont think thats it.

Anonymous
    72.252.147.xxx
  • if you take some time to read you will probably find your solution its even in this page dont be that lazy guys also i dont support sc2 neither the other launcher you mentioned so if that tool did something to your game (which actually fucks up cache) its not mine to support

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • First of love the program. Awesome tool.
    I do have one question.. I know its a false positive but everytime i run the program i have to turn off norton else it wont load proper. Norton flags "mympq.exe"

• yah I have tried on 3 computers now using only vernam launcher. There is nothing posted on this page that I have not done .. reinstalls with CC cleaner cleaning registry, UAC and antivirus and firewall off. This is a recent problem for me as I have been playing fine for the last 2 weeks or so.

@ Vernam I know you dont support sc2 or other launchers :) I just mentioned it to show that I have tried different things, and nothing so far has worked.

Just fresh installed on another computer with windows xp sp3 and am getting the same crash.

Anonymous
    72.252.147.xxx
  • after uninstalling the game use CCleaner both on Cleaner tab and Registry tab.
    that seemed to make the difference for me

• @need help
    new computer and fresh intall and you crash even in b.net login screen and few days ago it was fine?!
    what we can say to you ?do you tried update to patch 9?

Captain
  • yes problem first started just after patch 8, updated to patch 9 now but no difference .. have used cc cleaner on both registry and overall. Just now finished a full reinstall of beta client and latest vernam launcher. Just opening the beta client crashes now. If I launch a game with vernam launcher I get the Mouse icon change but black screen for a bit, then crashes and gives me the error report.

Thanks for helping guys :)

I really did think a full reinstall this time would work... kinda frustrating :p

Anonymous
    72.252.147.xxx
  • hi vernam,

i would like to tell to u a minor graphical bug of your tool (but probably you already know it)...
    i m using windows 7 on a full hd monitor of 22'. i m using windows scaler at 133% DPI per inch.

Now, in the tool, the allignment between the background and the text is completely fucked. i hope it can be fixed, maybe in the next maior release.

btw really good work....keep it up :)

Anonymous
    213.215.240.xxx

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: