Post here Issues / Bugs / Problems regarding the launcher only.
submit to reddit

• DavidHi vernam7, I've been using your launcher for weeks now and it's been great.

I'm running into a problem since patch 10:

When I load a replay I get a black screen and only a green cursor which I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of.

I have reinstalled SC2, updated to latest patch and installed the latest maps (patch10) into mydocs/sc2/maps. I have tried with and without the cache in local/appdata/bliz.

I hope I'm being a noob and its something simple :)

Many thanks

David

Still doing it with new version of the launcher. I have tried reinstalling again, and updated GFX drivers. Sometimes it works when Blizzard is selected but it always says 'unable to load replay'. The rest of the time it stays black.

Anonymous
    94.192.113.xxx
  • @revnouz just change the difficulty from blizzrrd to something else

@David if any setting of replay and launcher not coordinated , you cant watch it as you see!
    after lot of changs like maps, AIs, launcher version, game patchs,cashe files ,its very hard to make it work .

P.S:
    @chikka if your sc2 havent any problem just delete ALLin 1 folder and install new version

Captain
  • Do I need to re-install my entire sc2beta first? or just remove the SC2ALLin1 folder?

Anonymous
    112.198.64.xxx
  • terran58@revnouz just change the difficulty from blizzrrd to something else

@David if any setting of replay and launcher not coordinated , you cant watch it as you see!
    after lot of changs like maps, AIs, launcher version, game patchs,cashe files ,its very hard to make it work .

P.S:
    @chikka if your sc2 havent any problem just delete ALLin 1 folder and install new version

I;ve worked out that it's a cache issue, but I still have not fixed it. If I clean my cache, load sc2 then unrar the new cache in the folder it works.

HOWEVER, after 30seconds-1minute sc2 crashes, the screen fucks up but the minimap is still visible. It then slowly dies and I have to restart my PC to get back to windows.

Anyone else having these problems, or, have they fixed them?

Anonymous
    94.192.113.xxx
  • terran58Hi vernam ,thank you for new version ,it works great with patch 10 and new maps
    special thanks to whole team for AI 7.03, i realy have joy of play!

i have problem with 14803 ,when i want launch with this version and old maps(any old map include contra),loading bar goes to near 60% and then it reset to 0 and this is repeat again & again and i have to end task it!

well i dont want mess with other new beta AIs but i want play with stable other AIs but as i said 14803 wont work for me!

i hope this is because of my fault but the poin is when i rollback to 7.9.9 beta , its works perfect with 14803(but theres no other AI possible), i will listen to your advice when you're in a good mood(after sleep)!

thanks again for your efforts :)

i am not even bother in supporting the old maps any more. so i will not look into it, if you see the change log i said it there aswell.

sorry.

conta and other maps will also be able to lauch specially after the service release v8.3.3 i am releasing in few momments.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • also guys i will not try to fix map cache issues for replays! its sometimes impossible and doesn't even worth the days to work on this!

we are not supporting enything from the past, if it works with specif settings, good for you, i personaly will not do backwords comatibilty, and there is a entire new replay engine that i am currently building to support all patch 9 replays... it will take days!

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • i see the change log ,vernam you neednt to get angry.

just simply say i dont want soppurt old patchs but whay you left game version selection in this release
    if you were described it in change log?

i was wrong about good mood after sleep!! :D

P.S:

thank you and good luck

Captain
  • terran58i see the change log ,vernam you neednt to get angry.

just simply say i dont want soppurt old patchs but whay you left game version selection in this release
    if you were described it in changlog?

i was wrong about good mood after sleep!! :D

was i sound mad? apologies that was nto my intension i said very happy about the log, and i could never be mad with You dude!

you are not noob and you DO a lot of support arround here! ;-)

text has no feelings its easy to miss understood me ;-)

anyway, the versionselction was left for now for people to play arround no special reason. ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Hello guys, I installed all as in instructions but every time i hit lunch the game crashes to desktop and i get ERROR REPORT send to Blizzard message, until now i had no problems with previous versions of scallin1 ,and i see some of you are talking about cache files can someone tell me what do i need cache files for what do i do with them???? Thanks in advance.

• @tutor search on this forum you will find instruction!
    basically locate your cache files and delete them!

then start once the game from its normal shortcut and exit

then use the launcher.

but search back

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • hotfix service release v8.3.3 is up download this.

until an administrator fixes a problem with this site i cant remove the old files so plz be careful and always download the LATEST version available!!!!!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Looks like same problem with 8.3.3 and with 8.0.3. Windows Vista, Administrator or normal user - repro steps:

1) Open Launcher, select map, select difficulty, play
    2) Surrender in game, exit SC
    3) Select another map - start game - map selected on 1st step is loaded

Fix: restart launcher, select any map you want.

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx
  • hei vernam, good work as usually.... :P
    istalled 8.3.3 and all work fine for me!

i just have a new issue not really related to the launcher, but i m not able to get support anywhere....

i used the grid key modification(the gamestring.txt file to put on the sc2 folder...) but seem that it is no longer working with the patch 10, at least for me....do someone use something like it? do someone know a solution or suggestion for this issue? tnx

Anonymous
    94.36.181.xxx
  • ogawlerLooks like same problem with 8.3.3 and with 8.0.3. Windows Vista, Administrator or normal user - repro steps:

1) Open Launcher, select map, select difficulty, play
    2) Surrender in game, exit SC
    3) Select another map - start game - map selected on 1st step is loaded

Fix: restart launcher, select any map you want.

it must be your Stupid UAC settings ;-) or AntiVirus that you have.
    google how to disable them.
    and make sure you run the tool in compatibility as admin as i say in my download page screenshot clearly ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Stopped AV, disabled UAC, started as Admin - the same.

I'll live with tool restarts - simply it haven't worked that way in previous versions :) Maybe I'm totally dumb - hope right way to select map is still big Select Map button on Installed Maps tab? :)

Btw, your tool starts strange process conime.exe which is not closed on exit and keeps handle (according to Process Explorer) to SC2ALLin1 installation folder. Bit annoying :)

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx
  • ogawlerStopped AV, disabled UAC, started as Admin - the same.

I'll live with tool restarts - simply it haven't worked that way in previous versions :) Maybe I'm totally dumb - hope right way to select map is still big Select Map button on Installed Maps tab? :)

Btw, your tool starts strange process conime.exe which is not closed on exit and keeps handle (according to Process Explorer) to SC2ALLin1 installation folder. Bit annoying :)

be extra carefull my tool starts NOTHING like "conime.exe" are you sure you are not infected by anything else that gets attached to any running proccess???

the way to select a map is eather the big buton or just double click, i use double click in all my lits for usability.

i reapeat i DONT start any "weird" preccess!
    logically only the scallin1.exe, the mympq.exe, and the sc2.exe, and the ldr.exe.

nothing like the once you decribed, AND i make sure i kill those proccess when you exit or restart my tool, i always protect users pc and dont wann mess with their performce something else is wrong with you

plz search it!!!!
    use better antivirus disable everything from msconfig>startup options, run antispyware on your system in safe modes etc...

my tool MAY give in its launcher sometimes a false waring about a generic trojan but its not the case.
    "conime.exe" i have no idea whats that!

p.s try stoping system restore and Windows Defender as well!
    and search for that conime.exe of your's may not be Microsoft;s after all!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @vernam7: you're a genius! i'm wondering how you got to get the AI to work without even modifying any SC2 file.

Anyway, do your launcher actually save the last AI I selected? I'm gonna use your launcher from now on. Eventhough, my launcher works with patch 9-10 i'm abandoning the development. I had a great run though. :)

Corporal
  • Hmm, checked system with CureIt and MS Essentials, checked conime.exe with online Kaspersky scanner - nothing. And it's still executed upon startup of SC2ALLin1.

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx
  • ogawlerHmm, checked system with CureIt and MS Essentials, checked conime.exe with online Kaspersky scanner - nothing. And it's still executed upon startup of SC2ALLin1.

Is your system using a non-western language?

Corporal
  • Damn i forgot to add this great new change to the change log (going now)

Guys i now the replay previous system doesnt work with latest replay fiels, you dotn see a map preview or the races-players and colors, we are making a new one compatible.

BUT what i have made since version verion 8.0.3 is that the replays now that YOU play (offline) are AI indepened!!!! yeap that right, no more need to remember which AI you played exactly, wich level, wich build and crap like that!

still its not fully tested after all the NAME BETA says all, but it works like 95% of the recent replays. (correct or empty cache are need as always)

@Syryuu you would love this :P lol its the Aces i was talking about! ;-)
    also currently i dont save the last AI used in the comboboxes, cause if people go and delete the Ai source folders from my tools path \ai\*.* then i will have errors during loading that i wish to avoid, so it is auto selected to Blizzard Very Easy AI at the moment.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Syryuu
    ogawlerHmm, checked system with CureIt and MS Essentials, checked conime.exe with online Kaspersky scanner - nothing. And it's still executed upon startup of SC2ALLin1.

and maybe because i am forcing EN-US localization during this tools running period....
    microsoft crashes? lol.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @Syryuu

i just found a way to not use any loader at all at the momment!
    this tool become smaller and smaller and now its comletly legit! LOL

and i would avoid so many problem with stupid AV and firewalls not allowing the loader to start the game.

damn i love this work!
    Thank you Blizzard for patch 10 once again!!!
    no more speed hack,no more team hack, no more loaders!
    i will test this a lot and them release it with some other improvents i did today :)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @vernam7: i see. it's just minor. :) btw, just would like to ask, who's in charge of the StarCrack AI development as of now? I've checked a bit of the 7.03 script and it did have some considerable changes but their forum haven't been updated in a while.

Edit: I barely even finished this post and now you've just showed me another ace! as a developer i know how satisfying it feels to have breakthroughs in your work. :)

Corporal
  • vernam7
    Syryuu
    ogawlerHmm, checked system with CureIt and MS Essentials, checked conime.exe with online Kaspersky scanner - nothing. And it's still executed upon startup of SC2ALLin1.

and maybe because i am forcing EN-US localization during this tools running period....
    microsoft crashes? lol.

My default system locale is Russian actually - hard to decide how much non-western it is, but it's definitely not English.

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx
  • @ogawler: check this read.. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowscompatibility/thread/c609f41a-e78c-43e6-81fd-1cf76384bb01

@vernam7: is SC2Allin1 using a console app (the loader maybe)? i think conime.exe is launched when a console app is executed. my assumption was based on the link i gave above.

Corporal

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: