Post here Issues / Bugs / Problems regarding the launcher only.
submit to reddit

• as far as i know the main work ccT did it, and defenetly its not alone but thats the one i am mostly talking very often with and represend the AI for now.

i may be even mistaken, there are members that still due to my time spend at work i havent spoke with them yet :P lol

oh yea and i also JUST got a super help from my friend Ladik that upgrade some stuff i wanted in the mpw library for me, and i can even speed up the process arround 1-2 seconds per file moding and keep windows from crying for copy pasting files arround.... :D

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @vernam7: you got some talented people there.. :)
    and since this thread is about bugs, i just encountered one. here are the steps to reproduce it..
    (1) launch sc2allin1.
    (2) in the game options tab, choose difficulty other AI > scai.
    (3) use any map and any player options.
    (4) launch the game.
    (5) quit the game.
    (6) from the launcher choose another AI (for me i used strategy+aiur).
    (7) launch the game.
    you will notice that the game still used scai(7.03). i had to restart the launcher and then reselect strategy+aiur ai for it to work.

Corporal
  • ok, 2 cents from my side :)

1) was able to fix conime.exe issue - just moved that file from windows/system32 - nothing broken at this moment and no more annoying process in memory not allowing to do anything with SC2ALLin1 folder. Can not say for sure that this issue has been introduced in 8.0.3/8.3.3 - maybe it existed earlier and I simply haven't tried to do anything with installation folder.

2) problem with the same map always selected after first game session - fix without launcher restart: it is necessary to select another map and to switch Difficulty to Blizzard and back to Medium SC - after it new map will load. If you will not switch Difficulty - launcher will always load the same map. This issue appeared in 8.0.3 for sure - there was no such an problem in 7.9.9.

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx
  • @i can confirm the bug that without selecting a dificulty again causes the last map to load...

i have fixed that i will release later tonight or tommorow.

also when selectin an other AI you shoudl press tha save button, works ok with me, so the problem is the previous map that is launching and because the previous map uses scai it load that ai again ;-)

i am on it dotn worry ;-)
    thank you fro the feedback

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I have encountered an error I:

1. I have played Blistering Sands 1on1 against the Blizzard AI and won. So that worked.

2. Afterwards I selected the easy SC AI, and the map only loaded until 75%, then another loading screen came and I was thrown into the menu with a "unable to open map".

3. I can play the new maps that don't have an AI in the name, however when loading one of the AI maps, it automatically loads the last map that was used.

Anonymous
    138.246.7.xxx
  • v9.3.3 is up will fix this "previous map" bug and improve lots of stuff ;-)

hope you like it read the change log.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • looks like one more small issue - on official map Scorched Haven in 4 computers free for all game script logic error appears after startup. haven't tested all other maps - but at least lost temple works ok.

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx
  • same issue for coalition, culas ravine, metalopolis, shakuras plateau. Difficulty = Medium StarCrack A.I. Other 4 player maps starts in 4 free for all computer mode ok.

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx
  • Well, those script logic errors can be again fixed by switching back to blizzard difficulty and back to Medium StarCrack A.I.

Anonymous
    95.165.187.xxx
  • ogawlerWell, those script logic errors can be again fixed by switching back to blizzard difficulty and back to Medium StarCrack A.I.

see the Known issues plz, i found out that the observer is proken just after i released the 9.3.3 but i have allready ready the 9.4.3 that fixes that!

i am waiting new AI tommorow from my teammates so i will upload then 9.4.3 tomorrow. ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @vernam7: ok, the first thing I tried was the all computer players option to see if you get the mainstate error. then just as the loading bar hit 50% the game crashed. i pressed the launch button again and this time the game started normally. i didn't encounter the mainstate error.

i think the error is caused by the AI script itself. at race init the opening selection is randomized. then based on the random number a state is obtained using AIDiffEnum() (which i don't 100% understand). if the state does not correspond to any initially defined mainstate then the mainstate error occurs.

yay! new AI tomorrow! good job vernam7 and the rest of your team! :)

Corporal
  • Ok i did a clean install of the game, and the launcher. i still have the grey screen were all i can see is the landscape. using windows vista. anyhelp would be sweet.

Anonymous
    98.71.82.xxx
  • @straph: it would help if you detail the steps you took before you launched the game (the map, ai, player options you selected).

Corporal
  • everything was random on the sc2allin1. the map was one of the 2 player ones. ai was set to none.

Anonymous
    98.71.82.xxx
  • none? i'm not sure there is a none option. try choosing any SC ai.

Corporal
  • i'm re-installing everything as i assume it was glitched out. i'll try this again and see what happens. will post if it's still all greyed out at start of game.

Anonymous
    98.71.82.xxx
  • Can you tell me how you fixed it? Since patch 9 i havent been able to start the launcher. Always says that it has stopped working. Windows 7 64 bit.

Anonymous
    189.135.79.xxx
  • hey vernam this seems like a pretty kool tool and launcher but im having a prob with loading the new patch 10 maps i click on the application then a box comes up stateing

"I can't read this map! If its a custom made map by you, you must have a correct player properties, start location etc, to be recongnised as a compatible melee map!"

and then another box comes up saying

"could not find file 'C:\program files\starcraft II beta\SC2ALLin1\gamestrings.txt'.

and im not sure what is going on anymore i have been trying to figure this out on the fourms and google but ive been at this for now 24 hrs and quick soultion or do i have to reinstall the whole thing again

Anonymous
    68.149.55.xxx
  • @Brian i am glad my new detailed error handler works ok. :P helps me understand better the cause of your issues. in your case means something is preventing the tool from reading specific files or those files cant be even extracted from other files, usually caused by AV or other protection stupidity, and UAC disable them and allways run as admin. AKA READ THE 1 download PAge :)

@Thagirionif it crashes when you press the launch button then the game crashes!
    are you haveing a good sc2 installation? clean cache files? updated to latest patch 10? its a sc2 launch issut that is caused by your system, so i cant solve it! sometimes a simple restart helps! starcraft 2 sometimes stays crashed in the memmory and causes problems onre launching! not my fault, but your systems!
    if everything fails delete everything (look for cached maps etc) and reinstall your game and try to keep it clean this time! my tool demands NO reinstallation of your game as long as it works ok with your cache files, existing or not.

@Syryuui have eliminate the possibility of happening that in my internal v9.4.3. ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • thanks vernam7! looking forward to your next release. btw, will we be seeing patch 10 replay support feature in the future? hehe

Corporal
  • Syryuuthanks vernam7! looking forward to your next release. btw, will we be seeing patch 10 replay support feature in the future? hehe

yes you will :)
    new replay parser is been developing for that reason i would say its ~80% done.

ps btw the AIDiffEnum() is no longer used!
    i have found other ways to load a player state normally, blizzard left old commands to missleed us ;-)

but i dont creat ai so i am not the expert arround....just trying to make it work.

i test on default blizzard ai, when i manage to get new functions on it to work, i pass my ideas to the AI dev team and they are trying to make good use of them ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7new replay parser is been developing for that reason i would say its ~80% done.

yay! this made my day! i'll be able to view multiplayer replays on patch 10 and hopefully get better in the game coz i suck really bad atm. :)
    keep doin' what you do best guys! :)

Corporal
  • When I download the latest installation, all I get is a file that I can't open. I've used SC2allin1 before but this time, i get a file that I can't open up, anyone got solutions?

Anonymous
    98.66.173.xxx
  • ManorRaynorWhen I download the latest installation, all I get is a file that I can't open. I've used SC2allin1 before but this time, i get a file that I can't open up, anyone got solutions?

dude your browser (or its user ;-P ) saved the file without extension! just add the .exe at the end to run it.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Hello!
    Can anybody help me? My game crashes any time when I try to launch it. I reinstall SC2 but it's not help. Only 7.73 works, but after 10 patch game crashes with report:
    Имя события проблемы: APPCRASH
    Имя приложения: SC2.exe
    Версия приложения: 0.11.0.15133
    Отметка времени приложения: 4bd1ec98
    Имя модуля с ошибкой: Battle.net.dll
    Версия модуля с ошибкой: 1.0.0.19468
    Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой: 4bc8ee30
    SC2launcher works on "s2ma" maps without AI. plz help me.

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: