If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• 46and2vernam,
    I see you will be busy with Patch 11 considerations so I thought I would do a bit of research to hopefully save you time.

I found where you place the Objects xml document I assume you are reading from. A map that has the starting points read OK is shown here (without gt/lt symbols as comment text didn't like it):

Point id="3" position="38.5,28.5,0" scale="1,1,1" type="StartLoc" name="Start Location 001 color="0,0,0,0"

One that fails is:

Point id="14" position="15.5,63.5,0" scale="1,1,1" type="StartLoc" name="Startort 001 color="0,0,0,0"

In both cases the "type" attribute is the same and should identify the xml Element as being a Starting Point.

So if instead of relying upon the "name" attribute which is determined by the map author, why not use the "type" which is determined by the editor and should be consistent. You can then extract the point number from the "name" string by obtaining the digits only.

No doubt you know this already, but just thought I would mention just-in-case.

Cheers.

Edit: Sorry, but comment editor is a little confused by the xml present ... missing quotes are in fact there.

thanks man i will make that improvent possible in 9.4.4 or 9.9.9 i dont have time now!

i am glad you found an other "common" betwwen them, currently i was directly reading ht name attribute.... could be improved.

tnx again for the great feedback.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe

Support Nibbits by linking to us: