General Chat
submit to reddit

• hi all, i'm searching a way to customize the hotkey of sc2. the previous way i used is to put the gamestring.txt file in the root folder of sc2.
    this is not working for patch 10.

There is a new tab under the sc2 menù called HOTKEY but i can only select fixed profile. the better for me is "grid" but i want to change something (i.e. attack button mapped to T suck imo :( ).

i have also tried to open and extract infos from my MPQ files, tried to search all web but i can't solve.

do someone use hotkey here? any suggestion?
    I REALLY NEED HELP, it isn't funny to play in this way.... tnx

P.S: maybe the hotkey can be a good extension of this already great tool....

Anonymous
    213.215.240.xxx
  • i have a grid system support but i didnt enable it because i was not sure it will work with the latest game version...

beside that that was a fixed qrid system no edit.
    there is a tool arround that i dont remember nwo from a russian guy that allow you to customize all the keys from a gamestring.txt file, but as you said by simple place this into the games folder will not load.

i know a way to make that work but i dont have time to make AND a key editor....so if you know how to edit gamestring.txt with or withouta tool, i will enable my option to allow you import that new kes to the game you play and load corectly.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • yes, that is exactly my problem! I have a gamestring.txt already configured (hard work with text editor hehe :) ) but it not work now. you will make me so happy if u can enable this option on the next release :) !!!!!

btw, if that don't take much work/time for you, can you explain me how to make it work?
    i want to learn and i ll try to do myself...

Anonymous
    213.215.240.xxx
  • Phoenixyes, that is exactly my problem! I have a gamestring.txt already configured (hard work with text editor hehe :) ) but it not work now. you will make me so happy if u can enable this option on the next release :) !!!!!

btw, if that don't take much work/time for you, can you explain me how to make it work?
    i want to learn and i ll try to do myself...

sorry impossible to explain, you will need the tool to do that for you, its a chain of actions that need to take place, and i cant actually tell you the source code, to the end user there is a potential risk by testing stuff around in patch files etc and pmq files cause corruption and size increasing can be easily appear!

but i will add it to my 9.4.4 version this week, so plz PM me the file that you have made to test it.

tnx

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • update:

9.4.4: (this week)
    • bug fixes
    • cheat mode
    • A.I editor (will start simple and later one will become more and more advanced)
    • Load custom shortcut keys from gamestrings.txt file.

• possible bug fixes
    • improved AI editor
    • i dont now yet

10.x.x(doesn t mean from 1st release all will be there, i need to have the new compatible AI for my new features to work!):

• New UI
    • New AI
    • Diff per player
    • Random Map Mode
    • Advanced Ai Editor
    • Save Load games
    • New replay parser for patch 9+
    • Map transfering for Online AI games (with beta keys only)
    • Score Screen-Statistic after game
    • StarCraft Status report! (tool that will try to repair your mess installation or give you tips to do it)
    • other new stuff i cant reveal..

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • i understand and i agree.

so....will you enable this features in the next release?

i'm always more thankful for your hard work. CAN'T WAIT!

Anonymous
    213.215.240.xxx
  • ok sry for the question arrived 4 minute late, i was writing. :)

Anonymous
    213.215.240.xxx
  • ok sry for triple post....but u have edited ur original post. :) i m at work, i cant now.

basically i had download the gridkey modification here and done some work that i dont remember(i.e. attack button, burrow button...).
    i also found a bug with the upgrade for terran's barrack: reactor and tech was placed on the same key...don't know if some1 had already post this for the fix.

Anonymous
    213.215.240.xxx
  • Phoenixok sry for triple post....but u have edited ur original post. :) i m at work, i cant now.

basically i had download the gridkey modification here and done some work that i dont remember(i.e. attack button, burrow button...).
    i also found a bug with the upgrade for terran's barrack: reactor and tech was placed on the same key...don't know if some1 had already post this for the fix.

anyway when you can pm this file to me and you know you can register and edit your posts dont triple post :P

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7update:

9.4.4: (this week)
    • bug fixes
    • cheat mode
    • A.I editor (will start simple and later one will become more and more advanced)
    • Load custom shortcut keys from gamestrings.txt file.

• possible bug fixes
    • improved AI editor
    • i dont now yet

10.x.x(doesn t mean from 1st release all will be there, i need to have a compatible AI for my new features to work!):

• New UI
    • New AI
    • Diff per player
    • Random Map Mode
    • Advanced Ai Editor
    • Save Load games
    • New replay parser for patch 9+
    • Map transfering for Online AI games (with beta keys only)
    • Score Screen-Statistic after game
    • StarCraft Status report! (tool that will try to repair your mess installation or give you tips to do it)
    • other new stuff i cant reveal..

OMG incredible new incoming features. i can only be quiet and wait to your developements.

Blizzard must give you a job in its studios!
    -- Matchet

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Matchet
    Realm:
    Europe
  • ok, i m registered now, but seem i can't attach a file to the PM. how can i send this file to you....?

by the way i have fixed a bit the file, restoring some experiment and correcting the techlab issue.

• Phoenixok, i m registered now, but seem i can't attach a file to the PM. how can i send this file to you....?

by the way i have fixed a bit the file, restoring some experiment and correcting the techlab issue.

you cant attach just uploadit to rapidshare and send me the link

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • check pm...

• yay! patch 11 already... i hope all the AIs compatible with patch 10 still works. got to get home early..hehe
    @vernam7: since going legit, your launcher (theoretically) won't be having problems with later patches! great job as always! :)

Corporal
  • AI was not working 100% and untill the AI team fix it i made a small upgrade to it add also some new stuff and fixes and just uploaded 9.4.0....

basically yes my tool was 100% compatible with patch 11, just the AI needs tweeeking.

9.4.0 will work good read change log!
    sneak peak

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @vernam7: sorry if i have to ask again but its a bit unclear. when you say "needs tweaking" you mean that it works (does more than just mine) but needs to be updated with new functions/features? sorry for being so persistent, i'm just feeling anxious coz i still have about 9 hours of work before i can go home. :(

Corporal
  • there is no mining issues any more dont worrry tweak means that for example now that few upgrades moved or units changed statistics the ai msy not perform 100% all its strategies and tsctics but hell it plays like charm and the units and upgrades are patch11

no serious problems its all about build times and tacticts that the ai will try too perform

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • ow i see! that's great then! all we have to do is wait for the new AIs then. maybe by the time i get a new lcd monitor (standard->wide), the new AIs will be live. :)

Corporal
  • no need to wait read the change log

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @vernam7: the file for download doesn't have an extension. :)

Corporal
  • Syryuu@vernam7: the file for download doesn't have an extension. :)

this apear to be happening to other users as well, i see perfectly the extension in the site and in download,

something like antivirus or your brawser doesnt recomend you save an .exe file....i dont know i cant to anything to prevent that....

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • :( still havent gotten a key... still playing with the AI... still beating it everytime... Can anyone spare a key? :)

• @vernam7: your tool and the AI work perfectly! :)
    @berrykeey789: just be patient. in less than three months WOL will be on shelves. just enjoy what vernam7 and the ai team has to offer you atm. :)

Corporal
  • Syryuu@vernam7: your tool and the AI work perfectly! :)
    @berrykeey789: just be patient. in less than three months WOL will be on shelves. just enjoy what vernam7 and the ai team has to offer you atm. :)

hey did yo see my comments competion i give a cd-key in the next 3 hours to someone from europe and level 2 register user!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • FireBat Burned a post for asking support "suggestions"- questions ;-)

specially the ones Blizzard should answer ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: