If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• MaisaHere to help if i can

Offer accepted.

Please PM me a junk email account so I can email the map to you tomorrow.

So to recap, terran58 and Cry17 I need junk email addresses please, pm me, so I can send you the map.

@ Maisa, you have an excellent eye for detail and grasp of game play mechanics and you communication such clearly. So your input would be a great benefit to the quality of the map.

General comment.

I can design maps, if it is any good (you need to be the judge of that) easily enough.

What I lack however is a background with Starcraft. My experience of Starcraft basically started just before I first posted here about 3 weeks ago.

I have since read the back ground lore from the Starcraft manual (thanks again Vernam7) and watched game overviews of Starcraft Terran campaign on Youtube.

The map status is as follows:

* Vernam7 has a copy of the 1.000 version of the map. To verify launcher compatibility and any limitations. This is of paramount importance, that the map fully works with the launcher.

* Vernam7 has also raised the question of doodad theme purity. So I await feedback as to what needs to be edited out.

* Besides a workable layout a map needs hand rendered artwork. So that is what I will be concentrating on before Friday. The little things, that wherever you are in the map, it just doesn't look like a paint flood tool has been used. For example, the paths are multi textures! So I didn't just lay down a path. I imagined usage, terrain, weathering and the like.

* The map is a work in progress and will continue to be developed until it meets the high standards present here.

* Another thing a map needs is a background story and I will also do that by Friday. A player needs to know what the story is.

Well the story so far is along the following lines...

DRAFT LORE

Shelak Xel-Naga

Map and story by Charlemagne.

STORY

In the region of Bel'Shir a Protoss orbital probe picked up an unusual rapidly escalating anomaly. What at first registered as a volcanic event quickly became an ominous phenomenon.

A massive Shelak symbol began to form violently, as the earth quaked, pushing up ever higher cliffs, while far below larva erupted, belching forth within.

Weather patterns in the region became erratic, unpredictable and severe. Then as if out of no where, four Xel'Naga multi structural complexes materialized.

The Protoss response was immediate.

Meanwhile on the surface, a nearby Terran exploration detachment began picking up ever more numerous erratic instrument readings. Nothing made sense. They headed towards the source.

Climbing up a rise, they stopped in awe, staring out at the Xel'Naga structures in the distance. They radioed to HQ.

A few moments later they marched forwards, their orders were clear and urgent. To secure and hold the Xel'Naga complex until the dispatched reinforcements arrived.

Far away in a different part of this region everything became suddenly silent. The wind stopped. Clouds passed heavily overhead, and an atmosphere of foreboding filled the land.

Just then, a spine chilling, terrifying screech broke out and tore across the land as out of the ground a massive creature forcefully clawed itself upwards onto the land. The Zerg had arrived.

PRIMARY MISSION

You can play as either race. Each has it's own story line mission.

Protoss - investigate the Shelak symbol and discover the reason for its appearance the the meaning it conveys.

Terran - hold and secure the Xel'Naga structure until the reinforcements arrive. Set perimeter defenses. Investigate the Xel'Naga buildings for intel and secure any alien technology and artifacts.

Zerg - wipe out the Protoss and Terrans.

MAP NOTES

Scripts have not been added to the map. This map is a work in progress.

opensource Starcraft 2 maps: http://www.chrisentiae.com/artypixelle/
    artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe

Support Nibbits by linking to us: