If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Syryuudang, i only have stock 9600gt...any1 wanna donate a high-end vcard? :)
    @vernam7: i think you should switch to a monitor with higher res coz your card can handle it...

but my eyes cant :P bigger resolution means default dpi 100% and smaller icons texts etc. i am very happy with current resolution, dont forget also that bigger monitors in a way force your VGA to work more, why should i do that?

this is what i think, if now i have a vga with 1GBram and engine 700mhz mem 1200/ its like having a car with 700bhp! now from those 700horse power i am wasting for example 100 just to have the native image resolution in 2D/3D and i start using the rest available 600hp for my demanding 3d applications, now when a game gets really really filled with units FPS drops drastically and in order to keep those FPS to optimal levels i need those Horse power!

if i get a 22inc monitor and lets say i am now at 1920x1080, then my vga sure can handle it, BUT with what cost? compared to before i will use now 200hp from the 700hp and i will have only 500 available to achieve good performance in my games!

resolution always drops FPS and we know that, its all about the right hardware and combinations!

if i get a card arround 1ghz core engine and 1GB ddr5 ram(after summer), then i can get a 22inc monitor that will eat my 200hp but i will still have plenty available for fps (arround 800hp) ;-)

also beside droped fps, you consume more power, you produce more heat, so more fan noises!

and the difference isnt THAT huge imho.
    i prefer to loose 300pixels or so, for always smooth performance, less consuming pc, less heating, less noise ;-)

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe

Support Nibbits by linking to us: