Starcraft II Map editor
submit to reddit

• Will you be able to make your own units for the map editor, or at least be able to change how the units look or will you only be able to use the units shipped with the game?

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • You will be able to make and use custom EVERYTHING, including units, models, and sounds. Nibbits has an affiliate, www.staredit.net, that you might wanna check out.

Private
  • You can modify pretty much everything anymore. xD Check out some youtube vids.

The one blizzard released themselves shows an Ultralisk with Spine crawlers sticking out of its back. xD And that is described as "just the tip of the iceberg.

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Datatap.6093
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • So you'll probably even model and animate your own units and campaigns then? I'm not an indie game developer but if I were I'd be tempted to say that this may be the greatest gift to up and coming developers in a long long time.

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • Modeling own characters might be a stretch but along those lines is a possibility.

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Datatap.6093
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • MarkSo you'll probably even model and animate your own units and campaigns then? I'm not an indie game developer but if I were I'd be tempted to say that this may be the greatest gift to up and coming developers in a long long time.

Definitely. There's already a tool that can export from 3d studio max to sc2, although it doesn't support animations yet.

Private
  • there is?

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    you wish to know, don't you?
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Yes there is and it does support animations now and a lot of other good stuff

http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/m3-export-plugin-3ds-max/

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: