Bug report and suggestion to improve AI
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • The AI is on the way of development and it still have many bugs. So it need your help and some suggestion from you . Please, if you find any bug about the AI, report to this forum. Thank you.

To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult.
    GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Hi

IMO most important bug is forward-backward of AI armies (in new versions they move better a lot, but not perfect )

and my suggestion is that you also develop TEAM strategies for AI (make AI work as teammate )

thanks for the best AI ever

Captain
  • dont attack to rocks when enemy is near location

Anonymous
    78.187.4.xxx
  • _ I will try to regroup when they see that some large group of army at home. I guess to reduce the quantity needed.

_ About rocks problem, I fixed it in the GreenTea 0.48b version.

_ About team AI development, i will spend time for it later when the AI is more stable. So much to be done, so i have to focus on something first :P.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • What about making AI expand on Islands? That would be cool.
    Terran using Torship.(Medivac+Thor)
    Transport for units with Medivac,Overlord and Prism.

• @ The Transport is breaking in Blizzard core right now, when it load unit, it will not unload :(. I'm in the state of developing my own transport code, but not stable yet.
    Sure it will have more strategy when enough transpot :). Thor + Medivace is nice though :)

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • when ai's base under attacked and ai is lost all army.then ai is makin 1 marine and sending to huge enemy army to attack .at least need try to hit,run attack or wait a couple marine.
    dont send to die 1 marine.
    run back and hide 1 precious marine:)

Anonymous
    78.187.4.xxx
  • A.I good team mate with other A.I only for now.

Random Starcraft 2 player. Only playing for Fun !!! It's A Good Day To Die.
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    DnA)DarkA
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Hi!
    Please note that the commander: Rat, 15 Hatchery doesn´t build a single building.
    Best regards,
    KaPy

Anonymous
    81.189.240.xxx
  • Some aspects that could be improved:
    The AIs in gernerell (for Protoss and Zerg) have problems in usage of defense buildings: They attack emerging army in a "defense all in move" out of the range of the defense buildings, instead of waiting until the enemy force is in range of them. Somehow friendly defense buildings are seen as normal buldings without considerations for combat.
    Additionally, especially for Protoss against Zerg: Protoss should locate their Zealots in closer proximity to their workers (especially if fast expanding) in early game to avoid the scenario that zerglings do free kills on single zealots. (Btw: Nice that Terran AI moves its Marines to the Mineral line occasionally!)
    Another point is ZvP: Zerg AI should take account of its greatest fear more seriousely: Colossi! It is underestimating it deadly, sending a mixed army of zerglings, roaches and hydras against an army that includes Colossi: FAIL! There must be a special script against this extraordinary unit countering it with Corrupters or Infestors.
    I am not sure if there is an Zerg operator at all that uses Infestors, but since it is one of the Zergs key-units in chasing down running forces and countering expenisve units it should be seen rather as a standard unit.
    Good luck,
    KaPy

Anonymous
    81.189.240.xxx
  • ptanhkhoaThe AI is on the way of development and it still have many bugs. So it need your help and some suggestion from you . Please, if you find any bug about the AI, report to this forum. Thank you.

I've mostly played TvP against this AI. It doesn't do very well on island maps. I can 14 CC and float to island and it will never attack the island, and it will never take an island expansion even when it makes most sense to.

Also it seems to always double gate against T but not attack right away, which is kind of negating the effects early second gate. If it's going to double gate it should at least attack your wall-in and force you to repair, backing zealots away once their shields are gone, could kill some SCVs with sentry/stalker, and back off once tanks come out.

I think it needs to adapt better to early expanding, by either expanding sooner, or putting on the pressure with drops and whatnot. Also it adapt better to early rushes by scouting proxies and taking into account your production buildings and their distance to it's base and getting appropriate defenses.

I think it could be better by doing some cheesy builds sometimes, proxies, or fake expansion into timing attack, or some low-econ builds.

It doesn't build the static D in very good places, for example it will build cannons behind a nexus so that they aren't defending the only place you could attack from on ground. And the cannons are too far from the nexus even if they were on the right side. It should also make wall-ins with gateways and such depending on it's build and the map. instead it just seems to build everything spread out randomly to no real strategic advantage.

Something I think would be cool is if it could programed to learn, by having an option for people upload game results, like replay files or something. Then a program could use all theses files and figure out why it lost and come with a counter strategy next time it seems a similar strategy. New version would contain what the AI decided to learn. Humans could also help the AI figure out why it's losing to certain builds and come up with better adjustments.

Anonymous
    24.17.242.xxx
  • @ Kapy: Fixed the Rat commander,
    Maybe next weeks I will research and add function for Infestor to counter with Collosi

@Spider-Wallfe : It nearly like humans, that what I am achieve and try to approach. It will be more and more like you said it the next and next version. But cannot achieve immediately, so be patients :). By the ways, the transport function is broken and it not transport and attack island yet .

This weeks I have a hard work schedule. Only have time in next few weeks. So thanks for reporting bugs. I will try what I can do next week.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • full atack ai is much better.
    why ?
    because 6 Blue zeratul killed by 3 Red zeratul and all upgrades same.
    how?
    6 Blue zeratul stucked near the pylon and
    1 Blue vs 2 Red and 1 Red joined after

This shows that:
    war conditions has a great effect.

this not possible with if you use not full attack ai

Anonymous
    78.187.4.xxx
  • @ptanhkhoa
    please tell the white banshee commander dont waste his banshees to attack the 8 marines.
    banshee trying hit run and not working.
    not using his banshee advantage.
    not a good enough.
    thanks

Anonymous
    78.187.4.xxx
  • i played with darkgreen 0.48c on charlemagne 02 map.and some problems here .

1. game too lagy and performance too low

2. commander dark qxc never expand .

3.commander dark zatic lost all building (except 1 base) and army and then rebuilt all buildings but built only 1 marine .
    10000 mineral and not spending .making 1 marine and sendin to die again again.

4.dark idra working very good.

5.commander Nguyen, Immortal & Carrier
    never stop expand and fight.working good.

thanks

Anonymous
    78.187.4.xxx
  • Quite a special thing: Zerg AI should cancle the Fast expansion mutation if a Bunker is built next to it in order to switch to a buildorder without fast expansion.

Then a szenario that happens too often: I fly a single banshee over a group of enemy rouches and they just stay there to die; I guess this was allready their rescue point..

Anonymous
    81.189.240.xxx
  • BTW: the terran AI should build a tech lab or reactor to their first barrack. They seem to never use the first one at all besides for single marine production. It in fact makes quite a difference in the beginning to have to build a second barrack to be able to do the tech upgrades.

Anonymous
    81.189.240.xxx
  • Zerg does not know how to deal with a probe preventing the drone from putting down a fast expansion, making zerg basically retardedly easy to beat.

Anonymous
    96.48.105.xxx
  • Protoss doesn´t research the coloss range upgrade at all, what would be essential.

Anonymous
    81.189.240.xxx
  • DarkGreen Tea 0.48c

Yesterday, i play 1v1v1 FFA (my comp don't support 4+ AI, don't know, to many resources needed?)

Normal 4 min early push. I get to the Terran AI killing his forces and start killing the barracks& factory, Thor come out of the factory and i was surprised by the fast thor. (If i remember correctly it was "fast Thor commander")

After killing the Armory, a giant force of the other AI come to my base and make my pull back, stoping the attack. I decide to kill the other AI, then i return to kill the terran AI, I was very surprised to find and inmense MMM Ball (only 2-3 medivacs), he nearly stop my push (micro was the difference).

But ZERO THORS!!!, he never rebuild the armory, so he never build thors anymore.

Corporal
  • he finds out that he didn't have sufficent money to build the Thor out after your fight. So it should product other low cost units

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Latest version 0.49(fix) isn't working. (black map)

Anonymous
    62.193.148.xxx
  • Thanks for report, some function mistake, reupload.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Wow, that quick tech switch in an AI seems amazing, I never seem to be able to experience it though.

Lieutenant
  • @ptanhkhoa:

Is there a way to make the AI "leave" after the "gg" message?

Sometimes is very boring keep owning his base(s).

PD. Testing 0.49.

Corporal
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: