Game not updating?
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • I installed the beta, after it finishes installing , it proceeds to the update page at 0.2.0.13891..but even before it downloads anything , it stops doing anything and it gives me the option to play..i tot it was okay and closed the thing . I then placed all my update files i downloaded into the folder named " Updates" and ran Starcraft II.exe,all it shows is a STarcraftII logo and it doesnt do anything after..it doesnt update or anything , if i wait long enough , the game starts without even updating..this has never happened , what went wrong?

• If its showing the small .. 3 by 1 box with the logo and hangs .. in my experiance there server is offline and its waiting for info from the server.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I then placed all my update files i downloaded into the folder named " Updates" and ran Starcraft II.exe

you shouldnt do such a thing ,if you did this,its mean you updated your game manually !!

and after runing game ,it take some time to merge the updates at once to the game

anyway, try to launch the game again, if its ok, so you have not any problem.

if its not ok , you must unistall your game and be sure there is no files&folders from SC2Beta and its good to clean your registry and then install the game and let it update to patch 13.

Captain
  • but that's the point , i wanna update manually..thats what i do right? place the update files in the updates folder and run the .exe? well i tried doing a clean install , and make it update itself but it still wouldnt , its at 0.2 and its showing the button launch..
    i got it to update to 0.5 , i dont know how , but now its the same problem again
    ,image

it only shows this , and if u wait really really long , starcraft 2 launches , but then crashes at the black screen..clean install doesnt fix a thing!

• with really clean install you shouldnt have any problem for update.(or maybe blizzard server have problem right now and you need to try later)

but for manual update i cant help because i dont know what you have and what you did :)

place the update files in the updates folder and run the .exe?

yes right.(sc2beta and update files must be same version , i mean enUS,enGB,...versions)

Captain
  • blizzard's server is having problems? for a week?
    and how do i do a really clean install? i've already deleted everything starcraft II in my computer , and installed the whole thing again , always the same issue

Edit : did a clean install again , and same thing , the logo shows , nothing happens ..on my other computer , when i run starcraft II , the update thing appears immediately , why does it not in this computer?

Edit 2 : Just read the logs this is what it says

#-----------------------------------------------------------
    # System started at 2010-05-26 08:35:18.1170
    # system: -
    08:35:18.1177 Launcher version 2.1.2.1406
    08:36:24.0623 Failed to retrieve version information from Battle.net.

# System started at 2010-05-26 08:37:05.7912
    # system: -
    08:37:05.7917 Launcher version 2.1.2.1406
    08:38:09.8554 Failed to retrieve version information from Battle.net.
    08:39:14.8766 Failed to retrieve version information from Battle.net.
    08:40:19.9145 Failed to retrieve version information from Battle.net.

log

• Ok i think blizz server wont work for you right now

for clean install just uninstall the game from add/remove programs in your windows and then delete remaind files and clean your registry with CCleaner

and for manual update see this page :

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24401524887&postId=243992802391&sid=5000#0

good luck

Captain
  • yes, ive already got all the files..it just wont update them , i have no idea why..

• I have exactly same problem with you.

After reinstall game, it does not patch but launch the game. It shows the logo in very long time before access the game. If play with this soft, it just shows black screen with cursor, game not loading

Anonymous
    118.68.26.xxx
  • The servers are down and the beta was made to run online only.. can still mess around with the editor and play by your self
    well guess you cant if you cant get patch nine:( idk maybe a mirror has the files

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • so... cronos u have no idea how to fix this? i've looked around and i got the same problem. i want to speak to vernem but im afraid he'll go mad on me

well same problem of the cursor and the black screen if i use allinone.
    if i use lazylauncher it stops at the black screen saying something like unable to start game or something.

i just need to get the patch in. however same problem above. manually patch, well, the update folder disappears when the game launches.
    so... any ideas?

sry to bring this up ... just wanting to play sc2.

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • @ManIWants
    If you really have looked around the forums, you would notice threads such as this, this and even a sticky on this forum itself over here describing your problems exactly and how to fix it.

Lieutenant
  • If the games in certain folders on vista/7 It might be putting stuff in the virtual folders. I never install games in the program files dir. if you want to do anything besides click the icon to play the game they mess up lol

otherwise look here for all in one as stated above :)

http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/29/view/828/regarding-latest-us-blackscreens-and-very-slow-loading-times-do-not-open-topics-read-here

I have not used any launchers been to busy with work. So im just waiting for the real beta to start up again

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I'm getting the same problem as the poster, and I already tried switching to the European servers with the realmlist.stf file

I couldn't download it from the website, so I just created a notepad file with that one line written in it, but it didnt work...

I tried to manually update but there is no "Updates" folder in my SC2 folder, i tried to create it and put the files in there anyway but no luck

I have already tried everything

• Three more days and the Beta is supposed to be open again. For those of you who can't get it working, I wouldn't break a sweat over it at the moment, there's only a couple more days to wait.

• Ohh, I see, I didn't know about that ;) It's fine then... I guess i could wait 3 more days, unless anyone can help me figure out how to make it work now, it seems like the notepad thing worked for a lot of people :(

• Juan91xI'm getting the same problem as the poster, and I already tried switching to the European servers with the realmlist.stf file

I couldn't download it from the website, so I just created a notepad file with that one line written in it, but it didnt work...

I tried to manually update but there is no "Updates" folder in my SC2 folder, i tried to create it and put the files in there anyway but no luck

I have already tried everything

Patches are placed in the versions folder in the SC2 directory.
    Their patch number is represented by the folder name, with the patch content inside.
    \Starcraft II Beta\Versions\Base15655 is patch 16 for example.

If you have the patch files, you need to extract them if you haven't; then drop the patch folder within the \Starcraft II Beta\Versions directory.
    Your game should then be properly patched and ready to play.
    ---

The July 1st phase two rumor is exactly what it is.
    Just a rumor.

It could happen at any time, who knows with blizz and their outstanding ability to keep people informed.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Thanks for the reply, Do I need to create separate folders for each patch (and if so, what do I name them?)

Or do I just paste the files from the patches on the bnet forums in the Versions folder?

• When you open the archive file from the bnet forums, if the very first thing you see is a folder named "Base#####", then you simply drag that file into the versions folder.

It's unlikely, but if the first thing you see are many files, then just create the folder named Base15655, regardless of what patch it is, and drag the files from the archive into it.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I see many files, and I did what you said and put Patch 1 in, SC2 still takes forever to load up and I don't know how to tell if the patch thing worked :S

The folder still is Base15655

• Patch 1?

Why are you using something dated on the release of betas beginning?

You need patch 16 to properly update the game.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • What?? Okay, I thought I needed to start installing them from patch 1 and then work myself up

I started from a clean stall, downloaded patch 16 from the bnet forums and copied the files from it in the "Base15665" folder I created in the "Versions" directory,

Clicked on the SC2 Beta icon and it still takes forever to load and when I try to run it with the launcher it crashes in a black screen

Do I need to download all the patches and put them in different folders (with random numbers??)

• visit this special forum topic and after READING carefully do the patches your self manually from the EU servers

the download and installation process is done Automatically!

requires your game to be in clean (after install no cache) state

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam where is the realmlist.stf?
    sry... i looked around and when i clicked on the file, it just takes me to a site with only saying something that changes the server location to EU.

i cant download the file... that's what im saying.
    im probably blind and not looking at the right location.

@veior
    yea... i've looked and im probably stuck on the realmlist.stf part, cuz i cant find the file.

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • people said realmlist.stf is in the support folder. i looked and it isnt in there.

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: