Game not updating?
submit to reddit

• I must have read that whole thread a million times, I said in my first post it didn't work for me :P

EDIT:

Because I can't find the realmlist file on the directory thing, and i cant even download it from the tools section :S I tried to follow every step to the letter but couldn't figure it out

• U can manually patch it 1 by 1 by moving patch files to "Support" folder and then rename it to "sc2-patch.MPQ" after that you run "Blizzard Updater", then you can delete that files and rename the other files to "sc2-patch.MPQ" then run updater again.

You must patch it 1 by 1 in order (Patch 1 first then Patch 2)

• all the files in that updates folder? has to be renamed to sc2-patch.MPQ?

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • nope, i mean your manually downloaded patch files should be updated 1 by 1 by rename it to sc2-patch.MPQ and run updaterfor each file 1 BY 1.

so i.e :
    Patch 1 1st file > rename to sc2-patch.MPQ > run updater > update finish > delete that file > rename patch 1 2nd file to sc2-patch.MPQ > run updater etc.

PS:the file sc2-patch.MPQ should located INSIDE support folder.

• holy crap... im gonna hate patch... 13 or 14 crap loads of file.
    let me see how this goes... better than leaving sc2 on my computer for nothing.

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • have u tried renaming them all and put them all together and use blizzard updater?

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • jeez i wish i could delete some posts or edit them.
    also, i have 2 base folders on version
    base13891 and base14093

can i delete base 13891 now? and then delete base14093
    after each patch folder?

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • look at my sc2allin1 page guys on the top i have link to your solution!

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Vernam, I tried to do it, but I don't see a realmlist file on your post, can you please explain it more detailed? I followed it step by step, I tried creating a notepad file with that line written in it, I tried everything you said there, NADA.

• so did i vernam... the realmlist isnt a file... more like a setting..
    i changed the realmlist.stf to a word document or well... open with word document so i can change the set patchlist thing.
    however it still opens up the game logo and straight into the game with no patching from us or european servers.

i dunno what's happening... im stuck on the realmlist.stf thing.

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • well... got ot patch 16, and got cache files in. got allin1 too
    got maps and use allin1 launcher, and i end up with a 0% loading bar with a crash few seconds when i see the loading bar and then an error report.

always something blocking my stupid way to sc2

i think i heard about this somewhere...

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • I have the very same issue ^^. Autopatch dont work. I also manually patched to 16 but didnt work. Stuck at 0% loading a few mins before crashing.

I report back if i manage it to work.

• cool.. .guess we r on the same page. someone is having this problem also..
    i could've sworn there was an answer but i cant find it. lol

good luck to u.

Anonymous
    76.246.189.xxx
  • Hey vernam. I did everything as you said, but I am unable to bring up the updater. From a clean, fresh install, I created the realmlist.stf with EU server info, but when I start my game, it simply launches the game, not the updater.

Any ideas? I only got the updater to show right after the installation finishes..

EDIT: Perhaps this is why? I got this from Logs folder.

00:22:24.2077 Launcher version 2.1.2.1406
    00:22:28.4580 Failed to retrieve version information from Battle.net.

• Hey,
    i got the same problem from you guys. i run starcraft II.exe and it came out starcraft 2 logo, but don't show the updater to me.
    i tried to patch manually and it still don't work, it came out with 0% loading and crash after minute.

Anonymous
    218.111.16.xxx
  • I did do manual patch like yeftani000 said, it works well. But the problem is, in the game, it does not have hotkey for everything. What file should I patch manually to make it normal?

Ofcourse I can enable to use custom hot key from AllinOne program, but I still want to use default from Blizzard.

Thanks,

Anonymous
    118.68.114.xxx
  • Any luck yet anyone? This is doing my head in.

If you manually patch the game its ok up until patch 12.1. When installing patch 13 its getting stuck at 0% loading screen.

Why is that and is there some fix?

• didnt vernam said something about patch 13 crashing?

Anonymous
    76.236.76.xxx
  • Juan91xVernam, I tried to do it, but I don't see a realmlist file on your post, can you please explain it more detailed? I followed it step by step, I tried creating a notepad file with that line written in it, I tried everything you said there, NADA.

the file is on the tools download page i said!

plz read more carefully! ;-)

no need to patch your self the game just point your client to europian server they work (so far)!

i have all the details in my post cant repeat my self, i have some vacations to catch :P

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I can't download the file though, it just opens a new page with the line written on it, nothing to download :S

EDIT: my bad, when I said i didnt see a realmlist file, I meant in the SC2 directory :) but still, I can't download a file, I tried to create it as notepad or word document, neither worked

• yep... im somewhat not understanding clearly either.
    still stuck on the 0% loading bar... really sucks

Anonymous
    76.236.76.xxx
  • How do I manual patch version 9?
    All patch 1-8 work well, but from patch 9, it always show the User Interface error (under menu option, where to change hotkey).

There are 4 files on patch 9:

sc2-0.10.0.14803-0.11.0.15097-x86-Win-enUS-game
    sc2-0.10.0.14803-0.11.0.15097-x86-Win-enUS-locale
    sc2-1.0.0.4947-1.0.0.5194-x86-Win-enUS-bnet-base
    sc2-1.0.0.18720-1.0.0.19468-x86-Win-enUS-bnet-bin

What should be rename to "sc2-patch.mpq" first to patch? What is the next?

If we can do this right, then no loading bar crash anymore :)

Anonymous
    118.68.44.xxx
  • Vernam, I have read your thread about using the realmlist.stf in the support file. I downloaded from your webpage.

However, the problem is that when I launch the game it does not bring up the updater. It goes straight into game. Therefore, I cannot update the game at all from the EU server.

Any solution to getting the realmlist.stf to work would be appreciated.

Anonymous
    118.137.97.xxx
  • FatbellyVernam, I have read your thread about using the realmlist.stf in the support file. I downloaded from your webpage.

However, the problem is that when I launch the game it does not bring up the updater. It goes straight into game. Therefore, I cannot update the game at all from the EU server.

Any solution to getting the realmlist.stf to work would be appreciated.

I think the servers are down, that's why the game won't update. Since manual updating doesn't work either, there's 2 things you can do which don't exclude themselves: Wait for the next beta phase, and/or use a different launcher in the meantime which works with older versions of SC2 beta.

Anonymous
    80.108.111.xxx
  • Ok so if you have manually patched. Delete the Battle.net.mpq in the "Battle.net" folder. Now you can run the game with some launcher, watch replays etc.

All building hotkeys etc seems to be broke for me however.

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: