Manually patching 9+
submit to reddit

• Hi, I am trying to get this sc2 beta thing to work and am currently manually downloading and installing the patches. 1 through 9 worked no problem (after I realized the extension was .mpq and not the familiar .mpg :p). Anyway so everything was going smoothly until the last thing in patch 9, when this finished a sc2 update thingy was automatically started. I did not see anyone mention anything about this but anyway I let it run and update the 500ish Mb but once this finished and I tried to continue with doing patch 10 files but when the blizzard updater started I got an error message saying:
    The patch "pc-game-hdfiles\StarCraft II Editor.exe" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x704dd502, actual 0xa50a7905.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.)

I thought maybe that updater automatically updated to patch 12.1 so I tried 13 after removing the battle.net.mpq file and same thing...

So, I was wondering, should I try reinstalling the client and cancel the updater when it starts next time or should I simply not install that 5th file in the 9th patch (it is the only one that has this 5th file)?

Btw, I also tried loading the launcher and get past the SC2 logo thing but then get a message saying:
    "Unable to validate StarCraft II license. Please log in to Battle.net from the game or editor before proceeding."

EDIT: Alright so it seems I was perhaps the first person to experience this a few days ago and now a lot more are as well. I did manage to get it to work, what I did is:
    I deleted the SC II beta folder that had autopatched and used one I had saved just in case that was already patched up to 8 (you may need to reinstall if you didn't do this). When you get to that 5th file (tools) in patch 9, DO install it, but CLOSE the pop up auto patcher quickly. You can play if you continue to manually patch up to patch 15.1. DO NOT do patch 16, this is why it wasn't working. The SC2allin1 launcher hasn't been updated to do this patch yet. Anyway so if you do this you should be able to play (btw remember to delete the battle.net.mpq folder and only do the game and locale files for patches 13-15.1
    Also, if you do not wish to do the above I am sure eventually some one will figure out a way to make the launcher work for the latest patch (16), in this case just update the launcher and it should work because it was autopatched up to 16

• hey i Got the same thing as well, Unable to validate starcraft 2 license,i guess Blizzard is hunting down phoney acces into b.net :(

Anonymous
    67.173.27.xxx
  • I got this too :( HELP PLZ!

Anonymous
    67.176.117.xxx

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: