Playing UMS Maps
submit to reddit

• I've been interested in seeing what maps people have made in the editor, and i've used the nibbler system. It seems to save the maps to the right place, but i don't see them ingame. Is it because you have to use that cracked launcher or is it that i'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: Nvm, i figured it out. You have to use the map editor.

However, do you guys know why some maps don't appear to be able to be opened in the map editor while some do?

• The nibbler system only downloads then copies the map to the maps folder in your documents. Since blizzard has yet to release the publishing feature for new maps using the editor, you cannot open/play them ingame. To play these maps, you have to open them using the galaxy editor found in your starcraft install directory.

Lieutenant
  • Thanks, although i have another problem.

Some maps such as the top down shooter had set as a starcraft 2 map editor file. While pretty much every other one is a s2ma file which doesn't apear on the mapeditor when i want to open it. How do you play these kind of files?

• The s2ma files are usually the original blizzard files or maps created before the introduction of the editor. Hence, the editor is unable to open them. If you want to play the s2ma maps, you can use the sc2allin1 tool or lazylaunch to open them.

Lieutenant

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: