Post here Issues / Bugs / Problems regarding the launcher only.
submit to reddit

• Ok, i gonna match the exact error message and steps to reproduce tonight.

Random Starcraft 2 player. Only playing for Fun !!! It's A Good Day To Die.
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    DnA)DarkA
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • I can watch my own replays against the AI
    But I can not watch this replay's

http://www.sc2win.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=1461

I've unpack them to a c:\..\
    Then clicked in the launcher add replays from folder
    chosed the right folder the replays entered my recent library and when I double clicked them I got a black screen for some time and then a crush with a send to blizzard option.

Anonymous
    85.250.126.xxx
  • OrenI can watch my own replays against the AI
    But I can not watch this replay's
    http://www.sc2win.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=1461

I've unpack them to a c:\..\
    Then clicked in the launcher add replays from folder
    chosed the right folder the replays entered my recent library and when I double clicked them I got a black screen for some time and then a crush with a send to blizzard option.

working on that......

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I am running Windows 7 32bit and I have everything installed correctly,i reinstalled with antivirus off and still i get the map error saying it cant read the map,then another error follows up saying that the path leading to where the maps are located is denied. I Run in compatibility mode w/ vista, and xp with admin. mode on. I even did the same thing when installing it (admin / compatibility mode) and still same error.Help please?

• vernam7, there is a log error for known why replay don't start? In launcher or star 2?

Random Starcraft 2 player. Only playing for Fun !!! It's A Good Day To Die.
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    DnA)DarkA
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • terrorstarI am running Windows 7 32bit and I have everything installed correctly,i reinstalled with antivirus off and still i get the map error saying it cant read the map,then another error follows up saying that the path leading to where the maps are located is denied. I Run in compatibility mode w/ vista, and xp with admin. mode on. I even did the same thing when installing it (admin / compatibility mode) and still same error.Help please?

did you read the FAQ? the UAC?

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • darka972vernam7, there is a log error for known why replay don't start? In launcher or star 2?

its because i am loading the latest version of the game and those replays are from patch 10 not patch 11!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • UAC is turned off. I am going to reinstall again

• I'm running into the same problem RandomUser was running into in the comment thread, it's taking forever to get off of the splash screen. I did follow your advice and unplug the LAN connection, which did cause it to go into the game. Unfortunately after that all I can see is a black screen w/ a Terran mouse cursor. This problem does not happen when I launch through the proper SCII.exe file. Interestingly though, the black screen w/ cursor seems to appear for a split second before the proper SCII.exe boots and goes to the loading screen, maybe something is holding it back?

Anonymous
    24.131.0.xxx
  • Just did some additional testing with a replay, and the replay bypassed the black screen and went to the loading screen. It didn't load the replay, unfortunately, but that's most likely due to other issues.

Anonymous
    24.131.0.xxx
  • ONLY THE LATEST REPLAYS (PATCH 11) ARE SUPPORTED! we said that lots of time people.

i am trying to make it work with older replays and no loader, i caneasily go back to the old illigal method just to load replays but i dont want...

so still working on backwords compatibility

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I tried a few other replays btw, ones that have been posted in the last few days and they also didn't work. I mainly just used an old replay to throw something different at the loader.

Any insight as to why the black screen is happening?

Anonymous
    24.131.0.xxx
  • @vernam7 & 5ive: just to add some more insight...i had some problems with replays before and found out that having a GameData or TriggerLibs folder in the SC2 install directory somehow causes conflicts when loading replays...removing/deleting these folders and cleaning up the cache usually fixes the issue...

5ive tried a few other replays btw, ones that have been posted in the last few days and they also didn't work.

are you referring to replays from battle.net games? multiplayer replays ( i think) are not supported...

Corporal
  • Neither folder is in there for me. I downloaded the client, had it patch itself, and got the 4.90 beta all today so there's nothing that could possibly be messing it up from old installs.

I'm running XP 32bit if that helps at all.

I've tried to run replays from the current patch back through patch 8, all failing.

Trying to run 1v1 AI games I've tried many different settings, I even tried renaming the AI folder in case there was something wrong there, but every time I try to play against the computer I get the black screen after the splash.

I've tried to run the loader after I loading the game previously to see if maybe it'd shoehorn in, but that didn't work either. I've read all the documentation too, it's pretty frustrating.

The only thing I'm thinking could be a problem is that for some reason my client isn't connecting to Bnet when I try to put my email in at the home screen.

Anonymous
    24.131.0.xxx
  • @5ive: did you delete the cache files after re-installing the client?

Edit: btw, you don't have to connect to battle.net to play replays.

Corporal
  • I never re-installed the client. It was my first clean install today. I downloaded the patch 10+ cache files from the link provided (also the link the loader forwards you to). In response to your previous Q tho, yes, I was trying to replay B-net replays. I don't remember seeing anywhere that they weren't supported though.

Anonymous
    24.131.0.xxx
  • why do you continue asking the same think when i gave you an answer?

no b.net replays that are not patch 11. period, because you found few replays uploaded latly doesnt mean its patch 11 for sure!

the answer is simple
    replay <> latest version = black screen &crash
    replay = latest version = loading replay.-

i next version i may have a workarround (maybe)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7no b.net replays that are not patch 11
    does this mean i can play b.net replays from patch 11? please say yes! :)

Corporal
  • Syryuu
    vernam7no b.net replays that are not patch 11
    does this mean i can play b.net replays from patch 11? please say yes! :)

YES, the current version plays ONLY replays that was played with latest patch!

i tried it it works great.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7YES, the current version plays ONLY replays that use the latest patch!
    i tried it it works great.
    nice! i'll need to download the latest cache files. i'll try this at home..thanks a lot for the heads up! :)

Corporal
  • @vernam7 I didn't mean to insult you by any means, I really appreciate the work you're doing here. Just to clarify though, I wasn't getting the black screen with replays, only when trying to do AI play.

Anonymous
    24.131.0.xxx
  • whenever i press launch on the allin1 it starts to patch constantly is this good or bad but it finishes then starts again

Anonymous
    124.185.149.xxx
  • @joe

you need latest patch to play and its 11 patchs (613 MB )

you have to read this :

http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/29/view/660/new-install-instructions-for-noobs-or-not-and-faq-here

@5ive
    if you did installation of sc2beta and allin1 correctly (latest maps ,patches,caches,admin,AV,etc)there is noway to black screen

surely you had a mistake ,maybe you try to load another AI or using non standard map or wrong directories

if you do all thing by its default it will work 100% .

Captain
  • @5ive

Make sure the game or launcher is not blocked by your firewall(also dont forget about the firewall that came with your windows)

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Cry
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @darka972

From what I understand from your post, you are now only getting one error, posting this error would help in finding out what your problem is but I will take a guess and say you either dont have the latest cache files or you are trying to play a replay that was not recorded in patch 11.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Cry
    Realm:
    Europe

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: