Post here Issues / Bugs / Problems regarding the launcher only.
submit to reddit

• vernam7
    SlashStill didnt make it work....any idea regarding problem?

something is missing...... is the game correctly installed?

well i try to install it 2-3 times and w8 for update every time,it should be correct...

Anonymous
    188.129.99.xxx
  • darka972
    vernam7

I have made a "cmd" to manually update starcraft 2 from first release to patch 11.
    It's only for EnUS version. (which can be modified to EnGB or others).
    I'll attach this file if needed.

That would be great!

Anonymous
    188.129.99.xxx
  • Charlemagne@ Slash, have you tried a reboot into safe mode to test the install?

I suspect that you have some security software running that is causing the problem and some software continues to run processes even when you think it isn't.

im gonna try that..

Anonymous
    188.129.99.xxx
  • Slash
    vernam7

well i try to install it 2-3 times and w8 for update every time,it should be correct...

try this url:

http://patches.lordaeron.org/sc2beta/pc/

There is all patch released.

Paste all files in ../Starcraft 2 Beta/Updates/
    Launch the game, will update automaticaly.
    Otherwise, i will post "cmd" file and guide.

Random Starcraft 2 player. Only playing for Fun !!! It's A Good Day To Die.
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    DnA)DarkA
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • no instalation normally can take place in safe mode, is this PC yours? is it maybe at your school or work?
    give details on the OS etc

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Yes you can install in safe mode.

Safe mode should start his windows without third party security software starting. As his security software may be the problem, this safe mode start test should help to either confirm or exclude this line of thinking.

opensource Starcraft 2 maps: http://www.chrisentiae.com/artypixelle/
    artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7YES, the current version plays ONLY replays that use the latest patch!
    i tried it it works great.
    Syryuunice! i'll need to download the latest cache files. i'll try this at home..thanks a lot for the heads up! :)
    just tried playing replays last night and it worked fine. i may have have missed the part of your change log stating that battle.net replay playback is supported. thanks vernam7! :)

Corporal
  • vernam7its not a bug! bug is when something behaves as it shouldnt be! this behaves as it was designed! to work with DPI 100% ;-) its what we call form scaling!
    and this is atteched to the windows font settings.

and why was designed like that?? because the background image if it was scaling to match the rest of the UI the skin would go very very blur! its the limitation of 2d, and i am not gona do a 3d interface just for that ;-)

forgive me for being unclear. i'm not suggesting that the UI should be redesigned to properly scale itself to match the DPI. this is possible, but as you explained, the decorations used for the UI do not afford scaling easily.

rather, i'm requesting two things together:
    1) stop scaling the dimensions of the window contents (the parts of my previous screenshot which have a solid black background). right now they are apparently scaled by the same factor as the DPI percentage. the need for this can always be circumvented by conditional scroll bars or by changing the UI layout.
    2) stop scaling the position of the window contents. right now they are apparently scaled by the same factor as are the dimensions, but this is completely unnecessary.

vernam7BUT i have just wrote some code for the next version that will worn you for settings like those and the tool will not start.

please revert this change! this amounts to a complete loss of functionality for me. it is unreasonable for you to dictate to your users what their DPI setting should be. instead, please find a way to address this properly.

• nisavid
    vernam7its not a bug! bug is when something behaves as it shouldnt be! this behaves as it was designed! to work with DPI 100% ;-) its what we call form scaling!
    and this is atteched to the windows font settings.

and why was designed like that?? because the background image if it was scaling to match the rest of the UI the skin would go very very blur! its the limitation of 2d, and i am not gona do a 3d interface just for that ;-)

forgive me for being unclear. i'm not suggesting that the UI should be redesigned to properly scale itself to match the DPI. this is possible, but as you explained, the decorations used for the UI do not afford scaling easily.

rather, i'm requesting two things together:
    1) stop scaling the dimensions of the window contents (the parts of my previous screenshot which have a solid black background). right now they are apparently scaled by the same factor as the DPI percentage. the need for this can always be circumvented by conditional scroll bars or by changing the UI layout.
    2) stop scaling the position of the window contents. right now they are apparently scaled by the same factor as are the dimensions, but this is completely unnecessary.

vernam7BUT i have just wrote some code for the next version that will worn you for settings like those and the tool will not start.

please revert this change! this amounts to a complete loss of functionality for me. it is unreasonable for you to dictate to your users what their DPI setting should be. instead, please find a way to address this properly.

it doesn't work the scaling like that. the existed ui will distort no matter what.

its a huge conversation that i can type it right now...
    no need too, in next ui version i am trying to avoid scaling and keep the cool skins together.

anyway for now it will be a little differed and you will get a warning but tool will start.

p.s when you use the word "apparently " and guessing, from actually truly knowing how this works, is a HUGE difference ;-) so with all do respect allow me to know few things better on this issue, and rest assure that i will do the best possible for all.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe

everything installed fine but when i press play it doesn't launch ...

i just get no error or msg at all it just doesn't launch the game...

i must say that my game is not installed in the normal location (it is installed on another disk)
    could that be the reason ?

Anonymous
    84.197.37.xxx
  • try this

restart your pc

or ctrl+alt+del and look in task manager ,if you find sc2.exe end task it

Captain
  • Tercesos : win xp sp 3

everything installed fine but when i press play it doesn't launch ...

i just get no error or msg at all it just doesn't launch the game...

i must say that my game is not installed in the normal location (it is installed on another disk)
    could that be the reason ?

no errors? wtf?
    go to the About tab (question-mark) at the bottom do you see your sc2 path is this correct?

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • lol

thx a lot

fixed

Anonymous
    84.197.37.xxx
  • Terceslol

thx a lot

fixed

if your sc2.exe gets stuck you should find out why?! also this is a bug happening in latest blizzard patch!

if you play online ALLWAYS LOGOUT FIRST and THEN EXIT game otherwise it will stuck.

nice job Terran58 ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • yes i have noticed...
    if i exit game immediately game freezes

i think that is what caused it

Anonymous
    84.197.37.xxx
  • Tercesyes i have noticed...
    if i exit game immediately game freezes

i think that is what caused it

Blizzard said will be fixed in next patch soon

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe

• as request:

http://hotfile.com/dl/42874217/9d22fb1/install_update_patch_1-8.rar.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/42874748/e370cba/install_update_patch_9.rar.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/42874860/096facf/install_update_patch_10.rar.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/42874912/52c4635/install_update_patch_11.rar.html

[enUS Version]

extract all "cmd" files in "../Starcraft2 Beta/Support/"
    create directory "Updates" in "../Starcraft2 Beta/Support/"

extract all patches in "Updates" and run "install_update_patch_x.cmd".
    Just press [ENTER] steps by steps.

I will release enGB too.

Random Starcraft 2 player. Only playing for Fun !!! It's A Good Day To Die.
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    DnA)DarkA
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • @darka972

you must define the sc2 patch type enUS or enGB ? in your post

I will release enGB too

so this mean its enUS patches type :)

Captain
  • vernam7its a huge conversation that i can type it right now...
    no need too, in next ui version i am trying to avoid scaling and keep the cool skins together.

thank you very much for looking into it!

vernam7anyway for now it will be a little differed and you will get a warning but tool will start.

great! this is a little better than the current release (functional tool, UI distortion, no explanation) and infinitely better than the alternative you suggested originally (an explanation but none of the tool's functionality).

vernam7p.s when you use the word "apparently " and guessing, from actually truly knowing how this works, is a HUGE difference ;-) so with all do respect allow me to know few things better on this issue, and rest assure that i will do the best possible for all.

of course! without looking at the source files, i can only guess what is going on internally. however, i am an experienced GUI developer, so i tried to explain my suggestions using the best guesses my intuition could serve up. i meant no disrespect--only helpful feedback.

once again, thanks! i very much look forward to future releases. keep up the good work!

• Hi there! I would know if someone knows if this launcher works with Ubuntu.
    Thanks for the answer

• ErinHi there! I would know if someone knows if this launcher works with Ubuntu.
    Thanks for the answer
    i don't think so coz its dependent on .Net Framework 3.5. is SC2 even available in Ubuntu? :/

Corporal
  • yeah you can install and patch SC2 in ubuntu through Wine.
    i can also play if i have a beta key <.<

• Erinyeah you can install and patch SC2 in ubuntu through Wine.

if you have any short of Windows emulator, that supprots .net 3.5 sp1 installation then probably 99% the tool will work i havent tested it thought!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Erinyeah you can install and patch SC2 in ubuntu through Wine.
    cool!gud luk with that.. :)

Corporal
  • Dude... i just downloaded this Patch 9.4.0 but it wont start the game. All im having is a black screen and the green mouse pointer.

I -turned off the UAC
    -turned off the firewall for starcraft
    -downloaded Verdana and Net 3.5 SP1
    -deleted the previous patch 7.0
    -run as administrator
    -reinstall the game

Everything in the FAQ
    But still, it wont start. Any suggestions???
    The Patch 7.0 is running fine...

Anonymous
    222.127.87.xxx

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: