Bug report and suggestion to improve AI
submit to reddit

• -Cybah
    What I meant was, unless you had a strong enough attacking force to swept out the Protoss AI's base and all the MinuteMen quickly, it was not a good option to leave your teammate being swept at meantime. Since you always have only half resource in comparing to the AI, it is almost an end if your teammate is finished, especially in a 2V2 game. However, you may be right if it is a FFA game and it's true for that even all players are human attending.

Anonymous
    180.94.145.xxx
  • Not really a suggestion but, dose anyone know how to set a game up using "SC2ALLin1" or any other program so you have a Green Tea AI vs a Blizzard AI etc?

• I think launcher does allow combining different AIs. More general question is: does SC2 support this?

• Ok this a bug or smth because I downloaded latest version when I started to play on normal, i lasted 16minutes that was quite even game between us, but I wanted to test few builds to learn the timing macro, micro management and made easy AI, it says it loaded ant its ok, but in 6 minutes he rushes me with a lot of units a lot more than on normal, well I thought maybe its new build it`s really my fault, but then it get more fishy, I decided to go for very easy that AI only is limited to 300APM and 10minutes no rushes or anything, and in 6minutes he rushes with ~30-40 zerglings??? Have any ideas?

• Do you watch the replay how it build ? I think it may have some bugs.

To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult.
    GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • No not really, but I read that maphack ant cheat could be on, where I could check that?

• The best way to check is watch the replay :). If you see any error, you could feed back for me.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Now I`m pretty sure that map hack could be on, in fact I didn`t see any scouts of any of the games, he gets counters for whatever I`m building, knows what I have and how I have so I loose to very easy and easy almost every time, but on normal it seems it is most balanced but still he do not scout me.

• Thanks for the awesome AI. Earlier i noticed in a game using version .58 that one of the terran build orders was only doing 1 barracks with concussive shell and combat shield, 19 scvs, only 2 marauders and a factory that just gets lifted but never set back down. he also only ever had 1 mule down at a time.

Anonymous
    75.131.232.xxx
  • oh yeah i forgot to mention it did this on medium to insane ai

Anonymous
    75.131.232.xxx
  • Ok, problem solved :)

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Ok watched the replay, I have some slip ups there and there but still I think map hack is on, watched his vision and he doesn`t scout me at all, `12 minutes into the game he doesn`t know what I`m building but he gets correct counters, I block off my ramp ant he sees only few units, few buildings, and when I try to scout with the observer he knows that it is there without any detectors, he follows it with queen, muta, bio ball and etc. so in late game I cannot scout him.

P.S I played again and it seems that AI build army to some point and when you kill majority of it, it forgets to rebuild it. I played against zerg it had 190 and I about 150, we had about 3 major battles, I rebuilded my army and when I dropped his supply to 90 he had ~4 based and did nothing.

• The AI build too many useless buildings indeed. In Real Life~, I think a human being will rather build 5 more turrets but not 5 more barracks/factories in an open area.

I try to scout with the observer he knows that it is there without any detectors
    This is a matter of course, well you know that who you are playing with!

Anonymous
    180.94.147.xxx
  • I think you should put an option that makes fog of war on/off. Because I`ve been playing a lot with this ai, and standard builds doesn`t work too well, cheese is insta win, but if you want to play more basic builds or macro oriented it`s kinda hard to practice those BO, because AI with that insane APM basically overruns you if you can`t win in about 10 minutes, expands like crazy and his army is in perfect composition due the map hack. Yes I`m not the best player or anything, but if you want practice BO I think fog of war should be on and when your timings are good then AI with map hack shouldn`t be problem, but as a casual player protoss builds like one base colossus, 1 gate stargate doesn`t work well, because opponent does timing pushes that you repel, but at the right time when your 3-4 colossus should be effective, AI has perfect counters, and is expanded a lot and you don`t hold any suprises with void rays or other builds. Early pushes is another thing, but if you macro slips and you want to practice with that it`s almost impossible to win. Sorry if my English isn`t the best, but this AI is built more for a challenge than a practice tool. Just my two cents. Would be great to hear better players opinions though.

• - PitBulisS
    IMO, this AI is not for practice if you go with a difficulty above normal. When you 1vs1 with the insane AI, it's an abuse to yourself, or simply a survive game with few chance to win unless you spot the AI weakness and it is not really a matter whether the fow on or off. Well I had never read in the AI's core so I didn't know what the best building timeline was, but one experienced thing from the AI skirmishs was, with 2 human players in a team, the AI opponents were just students.

Anonymous
    180.94.172.xxx
  • In my opinion, if it will be possible, it is good to "teach" AI ranged units a focus fire.

• Does any commander for protoss does 4 gate push?

Anonymous
    86.100.124.xxx
  • Not yet, but in the future will be :)

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • the chat options in the v7 is opposite my friend!
    until v6.x

it should be:
    when checked -> gttalk = true;
    when Uncheck -> gttalk = false;

and there must be somewhere a mistake in and you use them the opposite way :(

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • It's been my mistake , sorry :P, will fix it now.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Hi, thx for you good work. I rly loves this AI.

1 thing that has been bugging me tho. Sometimes my scouting probe gets chased by 2 or 3 other workers. I always restart the game when its 3 of them cause thats just an unfair advantage.

This is on medium against terran. Haven't really played a lot against other races

Anonymous
    213.119.3.xxx
  • @GuFF, there is a radius around enemy base, when your scout enters this radius, it activates prevent scout function which forces AI to take one worker and chase you. so when u leave and enter this radius several times, AI can take more workers to kill your scout...

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • ptanhkhoa,
    really impressed with your AI.
    just wondering if you have any plans to add a drone rush and 6 pool for the zerg commanders?

Anonymous
    89.242.144.xxx
  • @deadmantalking, 6 pool was in earlier versions of GT AI and players were complaining it was hard , so 6 pool was removed (modified to some zergling use commander) :)

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • ArmageddonZ,
    i cant imagine why anyone would complain about a 6 pool unless the green tea version was impossible to defend against in which case i understand.

i am hoping it makes a comeback coz its a valid strat that a lot of players seem to use on the ladder :)

Anonymous
    89.242.146.xxx

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: