Hosted Projects Cleanup
submit to reddit

• I've taken the opportunity today to clean up the Hosted Projects section. It was *severely* lacking in terms of useful navigation and information.

So, let's go over the quick list of changes:

- The browse page now includes the date updated column as well as the date added.
    - All grid views now show the latest map, as well as it's screenshot.
    - Projects with no active map will now longer be shown anywhere except under "My Projects".
    - "My Projects" has been added to the account links up top.
    - The administration for a project now has a tabbed navigation structure.

There were also some other changes today:

- The main navigation has been cleaned up slightly in terms of colors/design.
    - There is now a "Top Rated Maps" navigation link.
    - Browse grids now show the active sorting column (visually).

Have feedback about Nibbits.com? Let me know!
    Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • I have a question regarding the hosted projects. For those of us who already had uploaded numerous versions of maps before you made the project thing, is there a way to put said maps into a project without re-uploading copies of all of them?

Corporal
  • There's no direct way right now, but uploading a copy won't create a new listing on the site (it just wastes a bit of time). We detect maps just like SC and WC3 do to prevent duplicates from showing up on the site.

So it would simple link the existing map on the site to the project.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • So you should make the project first... and then upload the map and then link them?

I was waiting to upload my new version of Civilization World until I could figure out how the projects thing works.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Ya really the order doesn't matter, as long as you upload the map (eventually) through the project map add form.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • I got this error when I tried to create a project, I attempted twice with the same result. The project name was Civilization World.

Internal Server Error
    There was a technical error with your request.

An email has been sent to the highly trained monkeys which run Nibbits. Unfortunately, they aren't very reliable, and the problem may not be fixed immediately. Hitting the refresh repeatedly usually just causes your head to hurt, so check back later.

If you believe this error shouldn't have happened, please use our contact form and provide us with the details.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Seems there was an error parsing the map. Did you have any issues uploading it through the normal form.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • I hadn't uploaded it normally yet? I thought in order to put it under a project I had to upload it first under Projects. I hadn't tried yet was holding off putting latest version up until I figured out this projects thing.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Ah ok. No I was just wondering if you had uploaded it at any other time under the normal map submission form.

It's erroring on reading the tileset information, are you doing some special kind of protection?

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • Nothing different from the last version I uploaded...hmm weird. I will try uploading it as a file and see if that works.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Hmm, didn't work that way either... that is odd I don't see why it would work with the same protector before.... and now after the server update no longer work. The one I use doesn't change tilesets at all.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Alright I'll be looking into this tonight to see if I can't get it fixed.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • In fact, could you drop a link it where I could download the map, or email it to me (dcramer@gmail.com)

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • Alright I will email it. Trying to avoid any name/version changes as it defeats the purpose putting it up on here if there are suddenly two of the same version with slightly different names.

No idea why the protection I used would have worked before the server changes and not after :-/.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Ya the big thing is, we check the "checksum" of files. So we say "is there another file that matches this filename with the same checksum?" And if there is, we don't add another entry to the map listings, we just forward the user to that listing. Or, in the case of projects, we just pretend that you added a new map and instead link the existing one.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • Ah well, if it won't upload I'll just wait until I finish the next version, no worries. 7.9.8B is stable anyway and people can always follow the forum url to get the latest version.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I've went ahead and fixed the issue. Well, really I just stopped it from erroring if it couldnt generate a screenshot.

You should have no issue creating your project now :)

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • Ok cool, I noticed my file request went through... or you uploaded it. Any way it can just use the same minimap preview as 7.9.8B? I didn't really change much terrain between versions.

Also updated the description and other info when you get a chance to approve it :D.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: