Design Changes
submit to reddit

• As you'll notice I've begun some more design changes. It's an attempt to clean up and standardize some of the navigation.

I wanted to get some feedback on the changes so far:

- Game nav has been moved to the old content nav
    - Content nav has been lowered down one notch
    - Added a new game details page which will be the generalized information about activity across that game.
    - Removed some information from the maps index page

Have feedback about Nibbits.com? Let me know!
    Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • Map Index page looks cleaner now, I like it. Not sure if this is related to your changes but the last two forum threads you started give me a crash error if I try to view them in Internet Explorer:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet sit http://www.nibbits.com/sc/forums/12/view/185/
    Operation Aborted

Pasting the same url into modzilla firefox I can then view the thread without any error messages.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • -BW-Map_GodMap Index page looks cleaner now, I like it. Not sure if this is related to your changes but the last two forum threads you started give me a crash error if I try to view them in Internet Explorer:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet sit http://www.nibbits.com/sc/forums/12/view/185/
    Operation Aborted

Pasting the same url into modzilla firefox I can then view the thread without any error messages.

I'll look into that. Is that IE6?

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • dcramer

Yes, it's IE6.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • -BW-Map_God
    dcramer

Yes, it's IE6.

Hate to state the obvious, but why don't you upgrade? :)

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • dcramer Hate to state the obvious, but why don't you upgrade? :)

Actually, I just realized I have IE 8 on this computer that it is not working on. I just tested it on my laptop which is running IE 6 and it also doesn't work on there...same error followed by a internet explorer cannot display the webpage.

As I said I wasn't having any problems using it with the forum until I tried to initially reply to your map flood thread, since then it hasn't worked for any thread.. I can access the forum with IE but as soon as I click on a thread I get that previously stated error and it goes to a cannot display webpage screen.

Edit: Your probably aware of this but a number of the newly uploaded maps previews didn't come up completely right and some of them have partly blackened previews which are not indicative of the actual map terrain. I doubt there is an easy way to fix it, but just thought I would mention it.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Internet Explorer also crashes whenever you try to edit a map now, giving the same error it gives for trying to use this forum. So it would appear the site has a serious issue with IE for some reason. Not sure what, and its a recent problem. Was working fine a week ago with IE.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • From what I remember, the issue is JavaScript related, and a pain in the royal to fix :)

I'm hoping to hae some time tonight or tomorrow to dig into that one and fix it.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • Ah well, at least you have an idea what your fixing. I was voting on a map I had watched recently and was writing info/judging styles, etc.

http://www.nibbits.com/sc/maps/view/129179/

Anyway, as I was checking off the appropriate stars I got a message error voting and then when I refreshed to see my votes it showed 0 stars on units and sounds when I had put five stars. Subsequent attempts to get it to update have failed on both IE and Mozilla. Not sure what's up, I've always been able to instantly change votes before and never had an error trying to cast the vote. It popped up a long page which I admittedly only briefly scanned when the error initially occurred.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • -BW-Map_GodAh well, at least you have an idea what your fixing. I was voting on a map I had watched recently and was writing info/judging styles, etc.

http://www.nibbits.com/sc/maps/view/129179/

Anyway, as I was checking off the appropriate stars I got a message error voting and then when I refreshed to see my votes it showed 0 stars on units and sounds when I had put five stars. Subsequent attempts to get it to update have failed on both IE and Mozilla. Not sure what's up, I've always been able to instantly change votes before and never had an error trying to cast the vote. It popped up a long page which I admittedly only briefly scanned when the error initially occurred.

Yep saw a bunch of these in the error log. So no worries, I have full details of what happened.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • Ah ok good, the error page thing was pretty long so I didn't want to try and cram it into a forum post, once I saw it after the initial time i saw it. I was using Mozilla firefox at the time as IE would have crashed before it let me vote on or edit a map's information.

Oh yea, if you wondered about all the movie map updates on descriptions, categories and comments its just because I am sorting my Movies folder now and as I go through them am putting comments for the ones on this database and rating them as I feel is appropriate.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Can you confirm if the internet explorer issue is fixed now?

Testing locally I found a bug, but it was only showing up on the forums for me. I went ahead and corrected that and couldn't get any more of those errors.

Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • Posting from Internet Explorer, Forum seems to be working fine. I will edit this post later if I have trouble commenting on maps...it was only bugging on the more recent maps for me before though from what I could tell.

Oh yea, let me know if you need another moderator, pending changes are backed up like 4-5 days now...there should be a lot of maps in the Movies category at the moment :D.

Edit: seems tobe mostly working, I had one map though recently that I tried to select to comment, resulting in an error message.

http://www.nibbits.com/sc/maps/view/128762/

However I just refreshed the page and then it worked so maybe it was just my browser momentarily messing up.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I should clarify the error on Internet Explorer is when you go to edit a map now. You can comment and rate fine with IE but you still get the error if you try to update a maps information or assign it categories.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: