Can we get some pending changes approved?
submit to reddit

• I've been sorting my maps lately and was sorting the Movies folder commenting on and rating maps in my movies folder that are on Nibbits as I go through them. I started this Thursday and still there are no maps in the Movies Categories and just like 20 maps with pending descriptions. Maybe someone could start approving some of that? I even edited in the author's names on the map descriptions in addition to giving pretty good descriptions. I dunno maybe this is just the moderator's job and they have been out since Thursday or something but I thought I'd just bring it up encase it's something else.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • You should be a moderator. Go ask dcramer, or if he sees this first, problem solved.

I don't think any current moderators frequently check the queue.

Major
  • I'll ask him about it. It seemed like they used to get updated a lot faster though in the past. If ya'll need another moderator I am happy to help though sometimes depending on my schedule my time can be a little sporadic. That and I have my UMS Ladder forum to run for Civ World :D.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • >> I'll ask him about it. It seemed like they used to get updated a lot faster though in the past.

This is because I used to do the queue-processing. Once author-bypassing-queue was implemented I quit looking at it.

>> That and I have my UMS Ladder forum to run for Civ World :D.

If you run a ladder, you might be interested in my python scripts to auto-generate HTML for an ELO-based ladder. [link=http://www.scevolution.com/ladders.html]They're already live for several games[/link], they work for 1v1, 2v2, ... NvN, and it's pretty easy for me to add a new game. I can also adapt it for FFA.

Major
  • Hmm interesting, it would probably require some work to adapt for mine though. As it includes 2nd and 3rd place points (with 5+ players) as well as bonuses and there are a whole slew of point differences for victories based on number of opponents and average level of opponents, etc. I use a system similiar to old PGT but modified a lot for the UMS map it is for. I did download starcraft's league kit at one point and was trying to get setup to use it but never got it all setup and not sure how well it would have worked as I'd likely have had to change the point system in the ladder a lot.

Point System:
    http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhhrh6fm_1fd3cw5cs

League Forum:
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/Civ_World_League/

Rankings are on a google spread sheet in addition to being checkable from the bot on USWest.

Battle.net
    Name:
    ElyasMachera
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Youre right, the way you have it set up, it doesn't make sense to use my system.

Major

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: