- Community Sites
As most of you are aware, we've been having an ongoing contest to win a pre-order of StarCraft II. Now I'm not going to talk too much about that contest, but I want to talk to you about our next contest.
Our next contest is going to be centered around authors. What kind of authors? Well, all kinds. We're not talking about just map makers, but anyone who has the ability to throw together a decent guide for any of our games. These guides can range from things like writing basic galaxy scripts, how to use map protectors, or what you can do to get started building your own maps.
Now, these shouldn't be simple 3-liners. We don't want a Q&A with "how do I install StarCraft". We want real people, helping real people. We want guides and articles that a user can feel satisfied with themselves after reading. A great example (and the first official entry into the contest), is lastkarrde's Melee Map Making in StarCraft II guide.
So let's cover some quick rules and guidelines:
- To be entered into this contest your entry must be received by April 3rd.
- You may submit multiple articles, and thus gain multiple entries into the contest.
- Your article MUST be primarily about a topic involving StarCraft, WarCraft III, or StarCraft II and geared towards the mapping community.
- You must be a registered member on Nibbits (remember, multiple accounts are a violation of our terms of service).
- All previous submissions where the author has not yet won a prize in this series of contests will be considered.
Now that we've covered the rules (not too tough, ya?), let's talk about how you can submit your entry. Right now we are beta testing a simple article/draft system. Because it's early, and incomplete, it's inaccessible to many of our users. These users are anyone who has not reached level 4. So there's a few ways you can submit your entry right now:
- Send a copy of the article, or a link to it, to myself.
- Send a copy of the article to us via our contact form.
- If you are level 4 or higher, submit your article via the article system. (The system allows you to save a draft as well, and preview your formatting using BBCode)
The winner will be selected at random, from a selection of quality articles. Meaning, we will compile a list of every article we deem acceptable, and then we will do a random selection from this group of people. If one article really stands out among the rest, we do reserve the right to declare a winner without the random selection, but this is unlikely.
Thanks, and enjoy the second official Nibbits StarCraft II Giveaway.
- dcramer 17
- Views (Total):
- Views (Daily):
- Posted On:
- March 19, 2010
9 votes considered
Do you like this article? Rate it to help fellow players find what they're looking for.
If you were logged in you could rate this.
Support Nibbits by linking to us: