If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Because I've come to expect early expansions at the gold minerals, it's not difficult to send a very early scout to check it out.
    Trust me, scouting these areas ASAP can be the difference between winning and losing (I have a few replays which show just that, and helped me to win)

Any terran lifting off immediately, to land on the gold minerals can't land when a drone/probe is underneath it.. at least until the SCV's come into play.

But still, every second you keep that Command Center off the map as he tries to land in the gold, the stronger of an advantage you will have to rush ahead and destroy the enemy economy before they can take advantage of the golden minerals.

As for lifting off, this happens on any map, and you should always be prepared to make air units at any time to seal the deal.

----

@Artanis186 - Actually, I've seen terran wiggle their way back there and make barracks and a few marines, then build a bunker and load em in for a strong early game harass which usually results in the destruction of the base.

Protoss may do the same with cannons, but not as effective due to limitations of pylon power.

Warp in and Nydus are mid game, so unless the player is a noob, you can get away with reinforcing from the steam vents.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta

Support Nibbits by linking to us: