If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

I proud to present my tool to master macro skill sc2drill

Here is an introduction

Build order notifications

UI for build orders (not covered in video):

I believe that it really can help one to be a better player.

You think that it's a cheat?

I love how KevinIX say on this:

To be honest I wouldn't care if my opponent was using the program. All it does is help them macro better/check minimap. Ideally, my macro is going to be perfect anyway. If I lose, it's because I need to work on my macro. It's not like playing against a maphacker, where it's impossible to level the playing field.

Think about probe as a buddy near you. I believe that it's fine to play custom / ladder games with coach (and there are sites and streams dedicated to this). You'll never install probe on tournament as you'll never take stickers with build orders or invite coach to stay around you.

Q/A:

Q: How stop it from recording? when i press scroll lock after the game it just pauses it. Also i noticed if i also press the pause/break key on my keyboard that also starts it even
    A: to stop it press shift + "record" (i.e. shift+scroll lock). Pause works for case when you want to pause a game (this case application also paused). If your opponent pauses game - press scroll lock.

Q: is it possible to assign map / resource check to mouse side buttons?
    A: if your mouse configuration soft supports assigning keyboard keys to side buttons - yes. There are virtual keys F13-F24 that possibly are best choise for this.

Q: I don't want to press any additional buttons!
    A: Use buttons you're already use to do related thing.
    For example: I use 9 as bind for my scout unit and 0 for worker that builds supplies. It will be natural to bind "map control" to 9 and "resources/limit check" for 0. So you'll select your scouter to do actual map control and use worker to build supplies.
    Also: there is "just notify me" mode that works as a simple timer - you set up when it starts and period. Of course in this case application will not score your game.

Q: I save update settings but look like it's not applied. Why?
    A: Probe locks settings so you need to close it first and then save.

Backgound of this tool

Idea comes to me after watching one of Day[9]'s Thursday streams.
    I tried to incorporate mental checklist into my game. It works, but only at start of the game or I’m alone on the map.
    So I need some kind of notification to help me keep metal checklist. Actually I'm not the inventor - there is day[9]'s mental checklist coacher on this forum. I've tried this program and a real metronome. But I'm simply become angry about such constant rhythm.

So I decided that I need something like metronome but with ability to silence it while I have some apm to spent.

Plus, I wanted to have some numbers on hand, something that convert words "macro skill" to measurable value - say from 1 to 100 points.

Really, it's much easier to succeed when your aim (my aim is a high level play) is measurable (letter M in SMART).
    My results also should be stored at some place so I’ll be able to see progress.

It takes me for a almost three months but now I can show it to someone else without shame.

p.s. If you concern about Blizzard banhammer - check part 2 of eula. This application didn't interact with game client in any way and not automate your actions so it's legal to use

Special thanks for alert for help

meta

Support Nibbits by linking to us: