If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• LordThe ai should attack als basis not only the main.
    I play terran vs Zerg. I made a mistak and the got into my base. I lifted of all buildings and flwe to an other place. I landed rebuild all and won the game. Withe cloaked banshes. the ai haden´t got one Overseer.
    I watched the replay and the army ot the ai was always on the place wehre my first base was.
    maybe you can impliment somthing like the ai saves the places of all enemy comandcenters/hives/nexus where they could atack. If they destroyd all of this but still don´t won they search the whole map for it.

Thanks for the great ai.

This is currently a problem with the non-map-hacking AI it _sucks_ at scouting. This is is a problem with the ingame AI for the 'scouting wave' and this is not something we have access to at the moment.

Currently the AI scouts with either a single worker{drone,probe,scv} or a transport{medivac,overlord,warpprism} however this is not good enough as a sinlge scout cant cover the whole map well enough. We have tried adding extra units to the 'scounting wave' however this results in 2 workers / transports going round the map together and not scouting separate places.

There is code to determine where the scouts go on the map. Most of this is hidden from us but what is exposed is very unhelpful in creating better scouting. However i haven't put lots of time into fixing this yet.

The new version gets around this slightly be increasing its production / defenses and keeping its army at 200/200 this makes it much harder to float of to an island and make a recovery as you when you attack after rebuilding the AI will be in a much stronger position.

I have seen games in AIvsAI where the computers army will be 6hex away from the last building on the map but still not be able to find it :(.

All this can be fixed by playing against the maphacking AI which IMHO makes the AI much harder.

ccT 2
    Private

Support Nibbits by linking to us: