If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• This thread is to assist those interested in learning galaxy scripting. It is provided as an introductory resource, and may develop from there.

To my understanding, scripting is a form of programing that enables actions to be realized on map, during gameplay. These actions are many and varied, including light adjustment (day - night), lava depth differentials (water tides), and unit creation and deployment.

I am unable to provide specific assistance, as I do not myself know how to script. However, this thread will hopefully be able to provide the inertia to assist those interested to self-teach scripting.

For those with some knowledge of scripting, but not wishing to actually script, it would be appreciated if you were to add your thoughts and suggestions as applicable.

At the time of writing, I know that vernam7 is requesting a competent scripter to assist with v11 of the launcher. I too am interested in working with a scripter, with the view to creating scripted maps.

I did a quick google and came up with the following post, which may be of initial interest:

http://www.udmod.com/showthread.php?697-Basic-Trigger-Editor-Tutorial

The Nibbits owner, Mag, is considering a wiki, so perhaps a first look could be related to scripting, seeing such is in demand, thus, why not develop such in house, here at Nibbits - we have very talented persons here.

Please feel free to add what ever knowledge or assistance you can with regards to this topic. Everything is welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you.

opensource Starcraft 2 maps: http://www.chrisentiae.com/artypixelle/
    artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe

Support Nibbits by linking to us: