EXACT way I got Starcraft2beta+SC2allin1 working
submit to reddit

• which ccleaner should i use hippo one or piriform

Anonymous
    74.76.160.xxx
  • it auto updated the patches for me couldnt find a button for manual update did i have to do the ccleaner and do i have to deltete everything with sc2 like ai maps and stuff

Anonymous
    74.76.160.xxx
  • and sorry for all this but i scanned for errors where would this registry i need to fix be

Anonymous
    74.76.160.xxx
  • hi guys

i have aproblem

the launcher starts ok but the map is empty no bulding and units

need help

Anonymous
    109.82.148.xxx
  • If you have no units, AI loaded improperly. Newest patch has messed up all user created AIs, only blizzard one is working now.

Lieutenant
  • oh boy...is it so hard for you to download the latest sc2allin1 v9.9.0 and remove the previous you have installed? is this so hard?

i made teh new version with 6 different levels of Blizzard fucking cool AI, no more need for 3rd party AI files!

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • its hard man im not taht good with tech more than average person but still im stuck i get a error when the installer is 95 percent done

Anonymous
    74.76.160.xxx
  • Can you describe the error you are getting with the installer? Don't forget that you need to manually delete older versions of the launcher, found in a folder your starcraft 2 directory.

Lieutenant
  • Can someone please help me with installing patch 16? I described my problem in a previous post:

"So even though the game works now it's still on patch 15. When I try to manually install patch 16 I get this error:

Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
    The file "SC2.exe" could not be found. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support

If I rename the "Starcraft II.exe" file in c:\program files(x86)\Starcraft II Beta to "SC2.exe" and copy the updater plus the sc2-patch.mpq file from the Support folder to the base directory I get the same error but with Uninstall.xml as the missing file.

Any help?

Edit: I just tried something else. I copied the Starcraft II.exe file to the Support folder and ran the Updater. I got this message:

Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
    The game installation is corrupt, because no installed languages could be found. Please reinstall the game. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (SetLanguage)

I've updated the game up until patch 15 with no errors and it's working fine. What's wrong?"

I don't mind playing Patch 15 but I want to watch some recent replays and I can't without the latest patch :'(

Thanks in advance.

• I'm just having the Black screen with the mouse pointer issue -.-

• hey, uhh i keep getting errors while installing some of the updtates, will it work fine after im all done or is going to be a waste?

Battle.net
    Name:
    QwAZiX
    Realm:
    North America
  • yeah, i cannot update patch 16, i am stuck on 15.2, ive did all the other patches in order besides 16,17,18, the error is

The update could not be applied.
    The patch "pc-game-hdfiles\StarCraft II Editor.exe" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x5fb426fd, actual 0x2ea581d8.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)

please help, ive googled and cannot find the answer.. so sorry if its simple. lol..

Battle.net
    Name:
    QwAZiX
    Realm:
    North America
  • Ok, here is the guild to install it from the beginning.

_ Have the originial beta install.
    _ Manual patch from 1 to 18, include 12.1 and 15.1
    or
    _ Patch 1-16 ( 13891-15976: this is a new patch of Blizzard that manually install from 1 to 18 version) , patch 17, patch 18 .

Download sc2 patcher:
    http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/sc2-patcher/

Now let the SC2 download some of the update.
    You will see it appear the update folder with the Blizzard Updater 4.1.1.275 3.37Mb.

Than stop and back up that file.

Put sc2 patcher in the Updates folder with all the packs.

If you have patch 1 to patch 15.1 seperate, you SHOULD update only to patch 15.1. Why ? If you update one file in patch 16 version, it will automatically delete the older version, so you can not update the next file. So after patch 15.1, backup the version 15655.

After install one file of patch 16, you need to recopy the version 15655 again.

Repeat until you complete manualy install patch 16
    If you have the patch 13891-15976, the above step not needed

After that just update patch 17 and patch 18 normal.

This is the Blizzard Updater and routine for install from patch 1 to patch 18.
    Updater to patch 18

To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult.
    GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • ok, but when u say let sc2 download some of the update, i cant do that, it thinks its the full game, and it says version 1.0.0 for the patch notes..

Battle.net
    Name:
    QwAZiX
    Realm:
    North America
  • ptanhkhoa, i did everything you said
    but the problem now is when i finish install my copy of sc2, as usual the patch screen comes out and the play lights up, it wont download any update that you mention, and if i close it and open it again, it will enter straight to the login area

i ignored it all and patch till 15.1 like u said, and when i did patch 16, it said sc2.exe cant be found

and i did fresh reinstall, removing everything and install again and its still the same

Anonymous
    121.120.117.xxx
  • i manually installed every patch, up to 15.1 and keep getting the same error as LauKong

Battle.net
    Name:
    QwAZiX
    Realm:
    North America
  • Can you fix the blizzard patch link getting a 500 error
    http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/green-tea-ai-beta-test/files/320/

Private
  • I fix the the link, it has Blizzard Updater new.

The "Sc2.exe" error is because you use the old updater that in the support folder.

You need to use this new updater and have to install the 1.x.x.x - 15796 tools file first ( it in patch 16 ).

I included the routine to install in the link also. You can see how the order to install.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • thanks ptanhkhoa, i am on the final parts, i am getting random small errors throughout the install, so yeah i will report back to tell if it worked for me or not, i hope so, cause i want to use that v10 launcher :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battle.net
    Name:
    QwAZiX
    Realm:
    North America
  • Heres what i did and it worked

Fresh install of sc2
    downloaded patch 1-16 pack

Patch 1-16: for clean installs ONLY:
    PC:
    US: http://patches.lordaeron.org/sc2beta/pc/enUS

made updates folder
    copied blizzard updater and unzipped patch to updates folder

renamed sc2-13891-15976-x86-Win-enUS-game to sc2-patch.mpq
    ran updater
    did this for each file
    leaving the sc2-1.x.x.x-1606-x86-Win-enUS-tools
    file for last
    (if i did this before other ones it would delete my updates folder when it opened starcraft

same for patch 17 and 18 no errors

Private
  • haha, i know what i did wrong, lol, i put the updates folder on the desktop so the errors were coming from unable to update sc2switcher and that stuff. lolol.
    thanks 4 the help :D

Battle.net
    Name:
    QwAZiX
    Realm:
    North America
  • Ffor everyone getting a black screen (no units, no buildings), yes, it is because a user AI is still "loaded" (or you used lazylaunch before).

You need to restore Mods/Liberty.SC2Mod/Base.SC2Data .
    If you are in the same situation that I was and don't have a backup of that file, there is a link to the original here: http://gamers-underground.com/strategy/32769-how-play-starcraft-ii-right-now.html

Anonymous
    72.66.62.xxx
  • okie thanks ptanhkhoa, trying it now
    i've been a lot of stress because of this patching = ="
    i didnt know there was a patcher to begin with, did manual patching like crazy

Anonymous
    121.120.58.xxx
  • ptanhkhoa, i think you should edit your step guide
    because right after patching the tools, it will auto delete all the patches in the update folders

then the patcher will just fail to patch the other files

some might not catch that and they will be stuck again^^

Anonymous
    121.120.58.xxx
  • The guide is for install from beginning :D. So if you have patch 15.1 already, becareful to make a backup.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: