If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Can someone please help me with installing patch 16? I described my problem in a previous post:

"So even though the game works now it's still on patch 15. When I try to manually install patch 16 I get this error:

Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
    The file "SC2.exe" could not be found. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support

If I rename the "Starcraft II.exe" file in c:\program files(x86)\Starcraft II Beta to "SC2.exe" and copy the updater plus the sc2-patch.mpq file from the Support folder to the base directory I get the same error but with Uninstall.xml as the missing file.

Any help?

Edit: I just tried something else. I copied the Starcraft II.exe file to the Support folder and ran the Updater. I got this message:

Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
    The game installation is corrupt, because no installed languages could be found. Please reinstall the game. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (SetLanguage)

I've updated the game up until patch 15 with no errors and it's working fine. What's wrong?"

I don't mind playing Patch 15 but I want to watch some recent replays and I can't without the latest patch :'(

Thanks in advance.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: