If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• GroovusXHi all...Im new to this site, but Id like to help out anyone trying to get the Starcraft 2 beta up and running to play solo using the Starcrack 2All1 9.7.7 launcher. I did alot of things wrong, before I got it right. This is what I did and now it works flawlessly. Heres what I did step by step. (Im on WinXP btw, make sure you do the Microsoft update for the .net Framework prior to doing all of this.)

1) Make sure your doing a clean install of the Starcraft 2 beta client. Make sure NO folders are left if you had it previously installed. Run CCleaner, and clean up your registry.

2) Download and install the Starcraft 2 beta client. Now, when you install it, NO patches are applied. you WILL have to update this manually. (and Ill explain how, VERY easy once you see how to do it, more on this in a moment)

3) You will have to download all of these patches from here>>> http://www.starcraft2patch.net/ Create a folder called Starcraft 2 patches, and place all of those patches in there.

4) (This is the part that tripped me up and others..) Open your windows explorer, and locate your c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\support folder. Go to your folder that you just downloaded all of the patches to.

5) Now, the first patch you want to unzip is the one that has patch 1-8. Unzip that into the c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\support folder.

6) After that patch is unziped in that c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\support folder, start from the first file and rename it "sc2-patch.mpq" (minus the ")

7) See that blizzard updater? double click it. It will apply that file you just changed the name of in order to patch it. Once it is complete, you must delete that sc2-patch.mpq, go to the next patch file, and do the same thing you just did, until all of them are finished. So in summary, unzip patch, start at the first file you unziped, change name to sc2-patch.mpq, double click blizzard updater, wait for patch to be applied, delete sc2-patch.mpq, repeat until all are finished.

8) Continue doing this to all patches BUT!!! STOP DOING THIS AFTER YOU PATCH IT TO PATCH 12.1!!! Starting with patch 13 you need to do something a little different.

9) Next, before continuing, your going to remove the file Battle.net.MPQ from the Battle.net folder in your c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\battle.net directory. After you have done that, unzip patch 13,14,15 and 16. You will only patch the sc2-xxx-x86-Win-enUS-game and sc2-xxx-x86-Win-enUS-locale files. DELETE the bnet-base and bnet-bin files each time you unzip the next patch. Do this method to all remaining patches 13,14,15 and 16.

10) After that is all finished and patched, run the SC2ALLin1 9.7.7. Look in your c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\sc2allin1 folder for the sc2allin1.exe to launch.

Hopefully this helped ppl like me who were struggling with getting this to run. I forgot to put in how to get maps, but if you manage to get it up and running, it should be no problem to download the official maps for it.. and a big THANK YOU to JSB for finding out what the big problem was. Have fun all :)

the download link on patches 1-8 doesn't seen to be there. where else can i download the patches?

Support Nibbits by linking to us: