If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• From the sounds of it it's typical modern development.

"Back in the day" with SC1 it was about the game, how fun it was the kind of things you could pull off, the types of amazing maps you could see or create.

Now.. now it's all going downhill. I saw it first when EA released the embarrassing monstrosity they had the gale to put a Command and Conquer name on, call it an RTS and then remove everything that has made an RTS an RTS for the past decade. How is it C&C when there's no bases, no resources (not to mention that every match had an uncontrollable 1 hour time limit) and no strategy?

SC2 is going the same way now, true it's gameplay is certainly still an RTS, it keeps a lot of the feel from SC1 and I love that. But this BNet crap is just destroying it and any enjoyment I may get out of anything short of a skirmish match now and then vs an AI to just fool around.

I thought it was dumb when Blizzard Region Locked WoW... hello numb skulls this is the internet it's WORLD WIDE. We have this amazing ability to contact, in real time, everyone in the entirety of the world but... naw... in some ill guided attempt to "save people from long distance connections causing lag" (or whatever business like excuse they made) we'll totally ruin the entire point of playing online! After all, it worked well for an MMORPG why shouldn't it work well for an RTS.

And as much satisfaction as it gets us to rant and rave and complain about things like the 5 map limit or the region locks they won't get it. No company ever does.

Blizzard is comfy on their mountain of cash made by WoW that they can get away with being total dickheads and morons with everything else. We could "talk with our wallet" and walk away, refuse to pay them for such inanely idiotic decision making but what are the odds that it would actually cause them to step back and radically alter the system?

Change for the better would require that they regain the passion they had when they made the older WC and SC games, rather then the singular lust for "the next WoW".

*shakes her head*

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life." - One Who Will Always Listen (Funcom)

Private

Support Nibbits by linking to us: