If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• YES, more than 12 units being selectable was my favorite feature, none of those alt1-0 bindings and having to send out orders 10 times! I am not sure what the max is because I got up to like 48 units in one group, but I don't really know if you need more than that to kill someone. Heck, after 48 high supply cost units you've probably already maxed out anyways... oh well time to kill the workers!! lol.

SC1 seemed more like you said: I'm on a new foreign planet that is vast and lonely. I am gritty and down right mean. Best part? THE GIBS, body parts and blood at every death. even the tileset with store sign doodads had wrecked store signs that looked like the place had been demolished and was now desolate.

SC2: every map seems like it has already been inhabited. especially those city tiles where the areas with no traversable terrain has what looks to be city buildings at a lower level down below. it's an interesting twist on the scenery, but i feel more like i'm just playing a game of soccer because well i can always call it quits and go shopping at the mall down below me lol.

SC2 does seem more cartoonish. What is it with what seems to be since directX10/late DX9 games where the makers think: THE SHINIER THE MODELS... THE MORE REALISTIC THEY LOOK! No... they just look like someone painted them with clear nail polish. Either way... if you have read the article on how to add units into the map... speaking of GIBS earlier :D, add in a marine and change the scale to 10,10,10 so he's 10 times larger, fkn awesome... its like a marine the size of 100 command centers. Well, in his small size it's difficult to distinguish, but larger you can see when the marines die their body splits apart and theres like a leg and an arm, and best of all only half of his face is left in a fragment laying in a pool of blood lol. so yea the better detailed models add for some interesting effects.

HOWEVER, the detailed 3-d models make it a bit difficult to focus/distinguish what exactly is happening when a large mass of units are all doing different things at once.

oh well i'll shut up. hope to hear from the others on the forum on what they like/dislike :)

Private
    Battle.net
    Name:
    offline loaders
    Realm:
    US Beta

Support Nibbits by linking to us: