If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• In my opinion -- when it comes to ladders this is a very innovative way to approach it. Usually games (with ladders & leagues) try to be extremely in-depth about it, and I like Blizzard's choice to take a different approach

Here is the best summary I found of the system:

SC2ArmoryYou play 10 placement games per bracket, and by this I mean you play 10 1v1 games, 10 2v2 games, 10 FFA games, etc.

When your placement games are over, Battle.net decides a league and a division for you. I for example, am not that good, so I got placed into division 8 of the bronze league. Divisions are only segregated due to the number of people in a league. My division has about 25 people in it right now. The top 8 in each division gain access to a tournament, which there is no date for yet. I imagine that if you do well in your league's tournament, there are chances for promotion to the next league.

As for demotion... I just hope that's not possible, or I'll be in copper league before I know it. =P

Leagues go in order like this, from worst to best:

Copper
    Bronze
    Silver
    Gold
    Platinum

And for a different aspect -- there is definitely some criticism
    http://www.backhandofjustice.com/starcraft-iis-ladder-system-is-impressive/

^ Don't let the link full you, this article seems to delve, mainly, into a negative outlook on the ladder system. I thought it was just as well a good read =)

bai

[u][i]Xfire:[/u] [i]Heretician[/i] [b][u]AIM:[/u] Heretician420 [b][u]MSN:[/u] onealns@email.uc.edu[/b]
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Heretic / 967
    Realm:
    North America

Support Nibbits by linking to us: