StarCraft II Professional Edition With LAN Support
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • Corporal
  • It will be interesting to see if Blizzard actually does launch this “StarCraft 2 Professional Edition” and if the requirements for acquiring it will be made standard and public.”

-and how long it will take before its cracked, and being torrented.

great news :P

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I love piracy

I <3 sc2allin1 tool LOL!!!! *note: I bought a signature just for that*
    Sergeant
  • sounds like blizz will show up and install it. and prob uninstall it after its over. I dont think that version will be sold from the way the post reads. Maybe some guy with jack and copy and put it on the net.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • if this version doesn't find its way into the net then an battle.net emulator will do the job :P

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Fropper.967
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I honestly don't understand why blizz doesn't want LAN play. As for piracy, battle net emulators and such will come out and while i will most slightly buy the game, I can't imagine being able to properly play it with friends considering the state of battlenet 2.0 with no chat rooms, intense lag etc and with no alternative LAN play.

Lieutenant
  • nibbits has the webchat/irc if more people use that when sc2 comes out we could find people to play with then. sad we will have to use a 3erd party chat to avoid facebook to find people to play with. I have met a lot of good people in the irc chats for sc2.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • dont forget people should know your real b.net Email risking spam and stealing your account!

i am not gona play online.-

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • me too, i prefere playing in local LAN to online on B.NET

Captain
  • hamachi anyone? if LAN comes out, that means we'll be able to play with any friend from anywhere :D

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • If you use hamachi, you are connecting via the internet, which is really no different from just playing via battlenet itself.

Lieutenant
  • I'll assume the comment about using Hamachi was to work around region restrictions?

• Actually it is true,blizz confirmed they are working on this project,but also they said its going to be very expensive and it can be used only for big tournaments, with blizz staff people being there and suupervising it all the time.

• So the truth comes out .. no lan == more money for blizz charging for lan tournys.

I hope they dont mess up the new diablo to make more money off it as well.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • This must also have something to do with the fact they are requiring permission to host public tournaments :)

Have feedback about Nibbits.com? Let me know!
    Addict
    Battle.net
    Name:
    zeeg.227
    Realm:
    North America
  • no matter what the lan code will be stolen! sooner or later for sure, and then a constand hand will start with blizzard making patches that will not allow the old leaked LAN versions to play and the new version will be leaked again and cracked, and the story goes on...

this is pathetic! give me pure offline expearence you morons and stuck LAN and b.net to your *beep*

i love them so much but this is geting redeculus after Activition came in! this is the 1st Time Blizzard ananounced a launche date for one of its game so many months before!!!! just to get more money from the preorders becuase they now we will buy it!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • guess i'll go against the grain... this isn't 1999 any more... the internet is everywhere... if you can't get 12 computers in a building connected to the internet, you don't deserve to be able to play the game.

Anyone notice the piss poor state of PC gaming? Blizzard is the smartest video game company in the world and they make this decision for a reason. Imagine the intense discussion and arguments over disallowing LAN play.

I recommend we all admit the beta experience has been amazing for BETA... and the finished product will no doubt be awesome and continue to improve over time.

GG

• The whole point of LAN play isn't that you cannot connect to the interent, its more the 0 lag and close proximity to your friends while playing that makes it superior to internet gaming. The whole reason tournaments NEED LAN is due to the lag free environment.
    As a fellow beta tester, even you would have to admit that the lag and frequent drops from patch 12 onwards were horrendous, none of which were fixed in the subsequent patches. A simple LAN play would fix all this, you are missing the whole point of LAN play.
    I assume the intense discussion and arguments you mentioned also include the decision not to include features like chat rooms just to make it that much harder to find other people in game? I honestly doubt much thought was put into this and I really am not looking forward to bnet 2.0 if this is the direction it is headed.

Lieutenant
  • I live in a small town.. theres no ATT or big cable company here. the "high speed" my isp(only isp in town) offers is just over 1 meg ... hook 12+ computers to that and see how well they do.. if one guy tabs out to look at a youtube vid the server will explode. ATT says they cover 97% of the USA ... guess im in that unlucky 3% no one gives a shit about .. it is like 60% really old ppl in my town that have a hard time getting into solitar or minesweep.

I also get 1 bar on my cell phone on a good day ... 1/2 the time its seraching for service .. guess I should move instead of complain about no lan.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • It's too bad that lan functionality won't be available to everyone.

Battle.net
    Name:
    pmnox
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • pmnoxIt's too bad that lan functionality won't be available to everyone.

it will be hacked and torrented.

Sergeant
  • NO LAN = LOWER SALES. Here in Philippines, all of the internet cafes, need original copy every PC. So why the fuck disable lan? Are they stupid? Think blizzard think! If a computer shop owns 50 computers = 50 copies of starcraft 2! NO lan = the owner decides to boycott SC2 and BOOM! 50 copies of starcraft 2 ABANDONED and the money goes away. Pathetic blizzard. PIRACY FTW!

Sergeant
  • after releas and after finish the single player i will try to see the current state of the b.net 2 and i will make my sc2Allin1 tool one great addin for starcraft by adding chat rooms and fill the gap with other cool feature the b.net2 will not have. possible ip to ip games...who knows.......

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • What is there to say Starcraft 2 sucks. $60 per game times three parts for a whopping $180 dollars. No game is worth that. I remember when games like Total Annihilation by Cavedog came out with nice games that had open source code and you could create tons of arm and core dudes. Here is Starcraft 2, lame as hell, limited in thought, no lan allowed, expensive.

I will never buy any games from Blizzard or their new ally Activision. I will pirate your games and figure ways around your stupid system. You will learn that GREED is not the key to gaming. Driving out your competition until your the only one left is why we are left with crap. Take Microsoft for example.

World save your money, do not preorder, and send these clowns a clear message. Follow old school games like Total Annihilation, and boycott blizzard.

YOU SUCK

Anonymous
    67.166.8.xxx
  • Nowhere have they said that you will have to pay the full price for the following 2 xpacs. Also, if you don't want to pay that much, blizzard has said that the full multiplayer experience will be available if you purchase only the 1st one, so go ahead, multiplayer is what starcraft is all about.

Lieutenant
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: