Purpose of the tool
submit to reddit

• EULA Info Retail crk has nothing to do with this tool! so don't confuse them! This Launcher Tool was primary made for Training and Demonstrate-Promote StarCraft II only not replacing it in any part or cracking it!

Sorry to say, but I can find no reason to agree with this (Aside from the promotion). The game is out, it can be bought legally all over. There is barely an excuse for someone not to buy the game and use this.

The way I look at it, the tool has a nice 'quick match' purpose. With this, you can just start it up, choose a map, set your settings and you're off. No need to start up the game, log in, etc. Otherwise, this is just something for people to skip buying the game.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Artanis.618
    Realm:
    North America
  • Artanis186
    EULA Info Retail crk has nothing to do with this tool! so don't confuse them! This Launcher Tool was primary made for Training and Demonstrate-Promote StarCraft II only not replacing it in any part or cracking it!

Sorry to say, but I can find no reason to agree with this (Aside from the promotion). The game is out, it can be bought legally all over. There is barely an excuse for someone not to buy the game and use this.

The way I look at it, the tool has a nice 'quick match' purpose. With this, you can just start it up, choose a map, set your settings and you're off. No need to start up the game, log in, etc. Otherwise, this is just something for people to skip buying the game.

@dear Artanis186 like months ago you run once again to make assumptions!*1

this tool Cant replace the game! cant! because it doesn't work without the game! also it CANT replace a bought game! because simple put DOESN'T crack or anything similar the game so this tool alone doesn't give you the choice of NOT buying the game!

you have to have a legit version of the game for this to work*2, but if a user wants to crack a game and then use this tool as well, its not the tools fault nor its creator!

more simple put i make a knife(tool)!i say i made it to help you in your everyday work, like cutting bread!
    now you take that knife and you attack a "pro fighter(aka sc2)" not an every day person, he defends it self because he can (aka authorization of the game), now if you drug the "fighter"(aka apply cracks) and then try again with the same knife and you injure him, Why is the existance of the knife's fault or the creator of the knife the criminal? then thinking your way car manufacturers should be all in prison for the accident the users cause with their cars!

to sum up this was also asked to be typed from a "higher power" and i totally agree.

after all you DONT have to "agree" so dont use it! like the use of the knife you can use for legal or illegal actions!
    Still the creator must state his purpose and make it crystal clear so that the tool continue to stay "available" for the masses as it was for months now!

tnx

*1=sometimes you give me the impression you have so much free time that you try to find something to criticize about this tool that has no point just to kill this free time!?!lol :#
    i dont have it thought ;-)

*2=This tool still exists after demands of hundreds of thousands of funs! are they all crazy or pirates?(i didn't had in mind to keep it alive until next beta :P)
    this tool as you should know, offers options the game doesnt! lets see some of those:
    Play your Custom maps easy no publishing crap and waiting for popularity JUST to test a simple map!
    Faster Game setup!
    Faster game Loading
    Faster Loading saves/replays
    Organize Maps/Saves/Replays rename them delete them very easily!
    Able to play with Custom AI game and after upgrading your Ai you have a uniqe replay to watch of the previous version!
    Doesn't modify any game file!
    Helps you clean stuff like cache etc that may cause problem to the game, so it repairs it to some point!
    More team Option before starting the game
    Use 3rd party Advanced A.Is like GT Ai to help you practice before going vs humans!
    Extra options for those AIs
    Options like start locations
    More Game Setup options not binded to 2vs2 on a 4playr maps, you can go 3vs1 or do crazy combinations and Teams the game it self doesnt offer!
    Automatic installation of new user custom maps! no publish no delays like that!
    Cheat options to help you test AIs and tactics
    and more that are allready in there and more to come!....

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7@dear Artanis186 like months ago you run once again to make assumptions!*1

Like months ago, you assume I'm pointing fingers and tryng to bring you and your utility down.

I have no problem with the tool. Yes, I did assume it had a crack, that's because it ha(d?)s a cracking option, which would be easily used for ones that just want to play the game without purchasing it.

I was simply inputting my opinion on the use it still has. (I though of saying it is good for custom AI's as well, guess I forgot to include that)

vernam7you have to have a legit version of the game for this to work*2

If this is so, then how is this true?

EULA InfoThis Launcher Tool was primary made for Training and Demonstrate-Promote StarCraft II

vernam7sometimes you give me the impression you have so much free time that you try to find something to criticize about this tool that has no point just to kill this free time!?

Yes, I have a lot of free time, but as I said, I'm not trying to criticize the tool. I'm criticizing what people might do with the tool.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Artanis.618
    Realm:
    North America
  • I dont want to interfere to the conversation but since it is open page to anyone,i would like to say formerly on general chat i had same kind of discussion with Vernam if it is legit or not.The latest version of the tool v10.3.3 is legit how this is true if you just installed the game without cracks or anything and installed the launcher afterwards and start the game from launcher a warning message will pop up to "Unable to validate your account" and will turn back to desktop.Latest version unlike previous versions is not cracking the game it is only working with legal copy those who gets it working using cracks out there and the purpose of the launcher has been changing recently it gives custom AI function which official game doesnt and on further if i am not wrong there will be works to import ETA campaign units to the launcher so it kinda turns to custom mod itself just by a tool,in short v10.3.3 is not cracking anything,you need a legal copy or it will just give error,now people are on their own and downloading cracks etc. to make it work but i agree on something yes people human being can do anything they can even re-edit the launcher and add Lan support anything can happen simply life but v10.3.3 it doesnt have crack anymore.

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    -
    Realm:
    Europe
  • crack was made for the beta, this was legal just because the beta didnt loose any money wasnot on sale and this tool helped the sc2 sales a LOT!

damonstration of teh power and potention of sc2 is achived by this tool with the options it offers!

in other workds, "Blizzard copy those options and add them to your game to make it perfect because it can supprot them and you know it!!)

the rest have all be explained.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • this tool NEEDS SC2 in order to work...if the SC2 client is legit or a crack it's beyond the tool's control...

Corporal

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: