GT AI Code Wiki
submit to reddit

• wow nice find keep helping in the development of this man
    tnx

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @Armagadonz. I know the problem, it's because of the condition GTNeedExpand in GTZcondition. You will find this condition on the GTTrain. When it have higher number of Minerals but noexpand. It will stop all production unitil that.

About continuous production of Overlord is a good idea but sometimes not, when the Zerg AI was killed the whole army. That time it should spend mineral to build the army again instead of build overlord because there still some place for the supply.

To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult.
    GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Ugh lol my cannon rush AI didnt work. The proxy pylon isnt close enough to the enemy, and the AI doesnt keep his probe at the enemy base. Timing is also all over the place :S.

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Not telling
    Realm:
    North America
  • Try to make the probe scout, then when it near the enemy base, build pylon => scout there base also. So the probe will remain at enemy base. I will research to let the AI find the specific point to build first pylon also ^^.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I used the proxy command posted on the previous page, and it placed the pylon outside the enemy base, more suitable for proxy rax rushes or 4gate proxy pylons. Would it be possible to place the proxy pylon inside the base itself for cannon rushing purposes? It would be helpful to place it in a nice hidden spot, although that would be difficult to determine.

Also, how would I implement the scouting + additional cannons and pylons?

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Not telling
    Realm:
    North America
  • Ive noticed strange Ghost behavior while is ghost on nuke mission. Just before launching nuke, ghost goes on nuke spot insted of nuking it and he starts to rave there like crazy until is his energy gone , then he dies. (this appears usually in main base, if ghost decides to nuke expansion, its usually nuked well.) But sometimes is nuke launched well even in main, dont know why this happens. Im developing Nuke Rush Commander and this bug ruins it...

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • It could be related to the ghost's micro code, but its strange that it only sometimes occurs. Im kind of interested in knowing what a ghost "raving" looks like lol xD.

Also, how is development going on your custom diamond/master-level AI?

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Not telling
    Realm:
    North America
  • @MarauderMan, Contact me on ICQ, I can send u Nuke rush Commander, so u can test Ghost rave on your own :D. I have ICQ contact in my profile. Now I work on antiprotoss Terran AI to make it unbeatable. Im testing it on European high league players and they are very surprised. One of them thought that I was playing it instead of AI. :D

@ptanhkhoa, as for continuous production of Overlords, my zerg is economy bases and on 100+- supply it has 2-4 bases so it can afford to build them. Ive tested it and it works well and sometimes it builds even more overlord in one time than 1 (regular GTSupply command, if it doesnt get stuck :) ). Imagine how cheap zerg units are. 4 roaches = 1 overlord :) Try to apply my overlord condition to some of your zerg commanders (but first u need to fix CreateWorkers command condition for your zerg commnaders :D) and u will see how it works :)

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Early Zergling pressure works better with this >>>>>>

if ( AIGetTime() < 420 )
    { GTDivert2(player, c_ZU_Zergling); }

With this line AI doesnt sacrifice zerglings in wall-ins in early game, so it doesnt have to spend another resources to make new zerglings. Zerglings are cheap and fast trainable so in early game is the attack condition always met, then zerg runs into enemy wall-in and dies. (without my zergling attack condition)

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Ptanhkhoa, Ive found on GT AI forum this >>>
    GT AI 0.66:
    _ Improve Phoenix to use more Gravition Beam

// if (type == c_PU_Phoenix)
    // { AICast(aiUnit, GTPhoenixOrder(player, aiUnit, scanGroup), c_noMarker, c_castHold); }

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Sorry I dont use ICQ :S. The nuke rush commander would probably be more interesting when it actually works correctly :).

Also, does your custom commander perform transport drop attacks and other things that players normally use online? I find that the current GT AI commanders really dont do anything except a full frontal attack. I could help test it out in team games (I dont play 1v1), but theres no way for me to connect to the European server.

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Not telling
    Realm:
    North America
  • Hi I had a build order bug in commander and I couldnt realize what is wrong , can u pls explain me this ?
    This line works excelent >>>>>>
    GTBuildI (player, 10, 0, c_PB_RoboticsFacility, 1, c_nearFarFactory, c_PR_ZealotCharge, 1);

This line doesnt work at all >>>>>>
    GTBuildTI (player, 10, 0, c_PB_RoboticsFacility, 1, c_nearCloseFactory, c_PR_ZealotCharge, 1);

But GTBuildTI doesnt work only for the Robotics Facility , other buldings are ok. So tell me when is better to use GTBuildTI and GTBuildI

EDIT: It seems he doesnt build it if he is on attack mission, when attack stops, he builds it , strange.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Ptanhkhoa, tell me where did u hide your alternate attack function pls :D Ive disabled GTAttack, GTMicro, GTDefendTown etc. in my commanders and its still attacking in situations when I dont want to make attack. I want to make smaller attacks with specific numbers of units so I need accurate timings and when AI attacks earlier or later than I want , It ruins AI. So where could I find this "secret" attack command to disable it and let it attack only with attack conditions met ? :)

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • @Armageddonz: It in the GTRock function, somehow, when it try to expand or attacking rock, it will attack the enemy base instead when not locating any rock near the base.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Ive disabled GTRock function in commnader and AI is still making unwanted attacks so what should I disable now to stop AI making attacks?

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • In 0.71 Protoss still cant use Graviton Beam properly. In GTZStrategy.galaxy in void GTMicro change this lines >>>>>

// if (type == c_PU_Phoenix)
    // { AICast(aiUnit, GTPhoenixOrder(player, aiUnit, scanGroup), c_noMarker, c_castHold); }

to this >>>>>>>

if (type == c_PU_Phoenix)
    { AICast(aiUnit, GTPhoenixOrder(player, aiUnit, scanGroup), c_noMarker, c_castHold); }

Ive tested it with enabled Beam and it works well yet, so enable it :)

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Ptanhkhoa, somewhere there is c_TR_MarauderUpgrade and somewhere c_TR_MarauderSlow, what is difference between these 2 commands ?

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • I will modified the GTPhoenixOrder so that only half of them will use beam, other will shoot at target.

about c_TR_MarauderUpgrade, both is the same. The MarauderSlow i using in Starcraft 2 beta version. So some of them i haven't replaced yet.

GT Creator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Ptanhkhoa
    Realm:
    Europe
  • I was testing Graviton Beam, Ive modified Dionsyus commander to use phoenixes with Graviton Beam and forced them to harras zerg, it worked pretty well. But sometimes on harras mission, Phoenixes stopped lifting units even if they had enough energy to do that. And they didnt retreat even when under attack of Spore Crawlers. I used GTDivert2. If GTDivert2 is used for banshees , they normally retreat when is Spore crawler in sight. And what about the "secret" attack function ? :D Its not in GTRock. (ive disabled it)

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • In some older version of AI , when was AI attacked by banelings, for example terran splitted marines to all directions to dont let his marine group killed by banelings. Why AI doesnt do it now ?

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Hi Guys which commander uses early drop harassment. Thank you

• @bat2gun, No drop harassment available yet, its in developing....

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • c_TB_CommandCenter_Alias = c_TB_CommandCenter or c_TB_PlanetaryFortress or c_TB_OrbitalCommand. Am I right ?

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • What are these 2 commands for ?

AIEnableStock(player);
    AIClearStock(player);

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • Terran AI has some problems with building c_TB_Refineries on second and third etc. expansions. I dunno why :( On first expansion it works well. For protoss and zerg it works everywhere. (protoss has the same command so where is the problem ). So terran is later in situations with 3K minerals and 50 gas.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ArmageddonZ
    Realm:
    EU Beta

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: