Starcraft II Versus A.I. Maps HELP
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • Hi community

I try to load several maps in SC2 i placed the maps in my documents\maps and both format *.s2ma and *.sc2map in 2 different locations

first was in:

...\Documents\StarCraft II\Maps

and

...\Program Files\StarCraft II\Maps

And when i enter the game and click on Ai Verus the maps dont appear

what im doing wrong? :(

the maps i try to load are Shakuras Plateau Novice and Scrap Station

• Hmm i thought that was where maps go?

• its because u play the cracked version and this is not gonna work for ai.
    if im wrong. nvm
    but you should go and buy the original one to get the maps installed ;)

Anonymous
    95.118.51.xxx
  • Gain access to the map editor, download the updated Blizzard maps.
    Open a map with editor and:
    1- Go to Map -* Player properties: set one of the players (not player 1 because its you) `Control` to be a computer and `AI` to be a computer too (there you also * name, color, race, and start * for you and for the AI, leave `Decals` to stay `Default`). Make sure Player 1 `Control` is set to `User` (no need to set anything for Player 1 in `AI`)
    2- Go to Modules -* Triggers: then right click on `Events` (orange flag) -* `New` -* `New Action` then on the left * `Player` and on the right * `Set Player Difficulty Level` and press OK.
    3- In `Set player _` be sure to set the number of the player you set to be a computer and in `Difficulty Level To _` set the difficulty level you want to play (easy, medium, hard etc.)
    4- Go to File -* Test Document: and you are in the game! (don`t panic if the `validate SC2 license...` pops up, it should disappear after a couple of seconds).

Anonymous
    89.40.119.xxx
  • Thk U!!!

Anonymous
    118.101.120.xxx
  • and where is the location for the edited maps to make the game recognize it?

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    -
    Realm:
    Europe
  • i did it how you wrote but game still can´t find maps, i think i have them in wrong directory, help pls

Anonymous
    90.178.114.xxx
  • i do it...but y they said "Tied" ?

Anonymous
    116.15.179.xxx
  • thanks for the tip

Anonymous
    60.54.20.xxx
  • done it, where to put the the edited maps? still it wont show in the versus ai window.

TY

Anonymous
    112.202.112.xxx
  • Anyone successfully solve this problem?

Anonymous
    118.101.148.xxx
  • Same problem, help me 2. <333

Anonymous
    99.146.12.xxx
  • Use the SC2Allin1 tool, otherwise, i believe you have to publish custom maps before you can play them.

Lieutenant
  • help me too!we have the same problem

• SAME FREAKIN PROBLeM!!! I tried copernic's solution but then it pops out a eror thing, it said something about the triggers, is maybe i'm using a crack or something? not really good with things like this PLZ HELP!! oh, and i'm using the Razor 1911 crack. PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPZLPZLLZPLZPLZ help

Anonymous
    115.132.126.xxx
  • Read the post before please... To view maps there, you either have to have published the map yourself, which includes having bought the game, or USE THE SC2ALLIN1 TOOL.

Lieutenant
  • differentkind of problem

i am using sc2allin1tool
    selected the map
    enter setting
    then i click launch
    a loading screen comes up
    it finishes loading
    and then

im the game but i see nothing
    by that i mean all i see is the terrain
    and all is dark/fog of war
    no units, no nothin
    and theres also 3 huge silver/white balls at the bottom of the screen

i've tried rstart.
    save and then load diretly in sc2, no load file show up.

pls. anyone help me

Anonymous
    121.96.187.xxx
  • A blank map is usually caused by an incorrect loading of the AI or map. You could try loading the game with one of blizzard's official maps first to determine what the problem is.

Lieutenant
  • thanks, its working now
    seems like it was a problem with the map packs i dled
    tried one of the official maps to test and ended up playing for an hour

Anonymous
    121.96.161.xxx
  • used the aSC2Allin tool downloaded here, works perfectly.

just unziped the downloaded file, doubleclicked the desktop shortcut and loaded a map, then opened the SC2 editor, loaded the "lastmap allin something" file and followed the instructions.

copernic and veior, thanks a lot!! ;]

Anonymous
    189.55.240.xxx
  • Just a question? How can i play the VERSUS AI maps with the possibility to build all units. Why we don't have access to build them all?

Anonymous
    188.80.33.xxx
  • @Mr.T: No you do not have access in Versus Ai to all units because the technology of the terrans has changed since last game. Every new unit acomplished a role of the old units and for example let's take the Hellion: Fast: from Vulture | Flames: from Firebat.
    Goliath and Valkyrie were taken care of by the Viking and so on goes a preety big list.

Corporal
  • You have access to all multiplayer units. Some units you see in campaign are limited to campaign only to prevent unbalancing of the game, otherwise, terran would be severely overpowered.

Lieutenant
  • K, i solved it. If u have cracked version of the game u need to download melee maps first. If u download them from Nibbits, you have to change the extension from .s2ma to .SC2map and then u will be able to open it with Map Editor. After u opened it, like Copernic said, clik on 'Map' and then 'Player Properties'. Make sure that 'Player 1' 'Control' is set to user because thats u. Then click on some other player and set 'Control' to computer. Set 'AI' of that player to computer as well. Doing that with more players, will make u set more enemies. U can also set their race and start location in 'Player Properties' although it is initially set to random. Computer's difficulty is somewhere about easy i would say. He does build various units and uses different tactics and expands his base, but does all this quite slowly, so u have enough time to test various ur own various units and tactics. U can change the difficulty through the trigger editor, but I havent tried this yet, so check Copernic's thread.

Anonymous
    93.86.44.xxx
  • ... and I forgot... To start the game, in the map editor click 'File' and then 'Test document. You can also use 'SC2all in 1 tool' but it is known to bug games sometimes...

Anonymous
    93.86.44.xxx
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: