What do you want to see in 7.1?
submit to reddit

• Just wondering but why does the AI get 10 minerals per mine when i only get 5. its allowing the AI to expand twice as fast as the player, mass more units quickly and usualy ends up killing me. Btw, i am a noobish player and not the best so it may just be me.

Anonymous
    76.19.6.xxx
  • AirleaganJust wondering but why does the AI get 10 minerals per mine when i only get 5. its allowing the AI to expand twice as fast as the player, mass more units quickly and usualy ends up killing me. Btw, i am a noobish player and not the best so it may just be me.

You're probably fighting the cheating Ai.. or it could just be you.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I'd like to see them changing their style of play, based on your change of style of play.

Say you go air to counter roaches, they make hydralisks to counter your air. etc.

• early attack! i can always expand/defend immediately without seeing any dangerous unit.
    priority of attack, if any unit(A) is ordered to follow certain unit(Bx) of a group (observer follows carrier, templar follows zealot, infestor follows ultralisk...) the AI attack should be concentrated on the unit(Bx) on which another is connected, so the player is deconcentrated from future strategy.
    that's my 2(sorry for that) suggestions for now.
    and sorry for my bad english.

Anonymous
    92.55.102.xxx
  • yep, i would like to c early attacks, maybe some expa blocking / harrasing.

• I wonder why anyone hasn't really pointed this out... The zerg AI doesn't scout... It seems as though it already knows where your base is... As same as other races, they know beforehand your position on the map is... Zerg Ai is pretty strong though... Protoss Ai is the weakest... Poor opening...

Anonymous
    121.54.32.xxx
  • I want the AI to fully utilize it's popcap.

Anonymous
    183.33.242.xxx
  • They do adjust and counter effectively imo.

I just had a game where I massed battlecruisers, my zerg opponent intelligently spammed anti-air units.

Anonymous
    183.33.242.xxx
  • I'm pretty sure I saw mine popcap today Nick.. maybe just not letting the game go long enough. not sure

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • Turdburgler
    I want the protos AI to chrono boost other buildings, not just nexus, like chrono boosting to make units or upgrades.

He already does.

I want the Ai to stop running away when it sees a few units and stop it from constantly going back and forth deciding if it should engage or not.

Must engage if it knows it can win, or just engage in general.. not dance around the battlefield.

I've seen this rarely, from most of my tests before release there was almost none of it. I'll have to do more testing and tweaking.

I wish to see unit actually using their abilities. Roaches do not move while burrowed, infestors do not use fungal growth . This is just the top of the iceberg

Hum, he might if I got him to research it, I'll look into that.

Keep em coming.

I tried running the AI on Computer vs. Computer and it shows that Protoss only boosts the Nexus. Maybe this can be improved on. :)

• I recently noticed that for some odd reason that the infestor of the zerg when burrowed wil follow a enemy (smal groups mind you which is good for its survival) but wil do nothing else. it doesnt unburrow even though it looks like its going to attack. It doesnt use its fungal growth or take over the units. although I found it really awesome when suddeny the AI spammed his infestors infested marines over the cliff to my base ^.^

• I want AI have ultimate resource and they don't need to expand base ,thx

Anonymous
    124.122.67.xxx
  • bunkers bunker and moar bunkers

Anonymous
    74.197.59.xxx
  • The AI cannot deal well with cloaked units banshees.

Anonymous
    67.201.176.xxx
  • the ai can counter you units? if so then have them use observers

Anonymous
    71.75.28.xxx
  • i want the AI to be able to counter a turtling terran player (heavy siege tanks/bunkers).

perhaps dropping units into backdoor or some other surprise attack.

Anonymous
    169.233.12.xxx
  • I want zerg drones giving cover to spawning pool against my 3 probe/scv rush, thank you sir

Anonymous
    24.122.85.xxx
  • hey there, i want to be able to choose how much minerals per trip my ai gets, as of now i dont know if the ai is getting better or not from medium to hard/veryhard/insane [im using starcracks beta launcher v 0.28 and when i played on medium and changed to hard there is a difference of 5 minerals per trip for the ai, they are getting 5 minerals more than me per trip] i dont know if this is a setting or what not for the ai with the launcher but meh, also i have noticed every single time that protoss is being the only ai that actually commits to building and attacking, zerg does then it just sits there and rarely techs or expands, actually ive never ever seen my zerg ai's expand, also the terran is pretty f@#knig terrible, they almost never put up a fight. so compiling this id want the next patch to have the AI being a little bit more aggressive, expanding etc, and not to have the same build orders over and over again [toss seems to do dual gate rush zealots, zerg always goes roaches and if harrassed sometimes goes banelings]

thanks so much for your work so far!

Anonymous
    121.91.24.xxx
  • I used the infestor mind control on an enemy steam tank and the computer wouldn´t attack it. I dunno if same thing goes for anything else, but it should be fixed.

Note: The tank was in siege mode when I took it. I also tried to go into tank mode. No difference.

• hello turd, i would love to be able to select different difficulty levels for the computers on a map, for example me and a 'partner' who has it's AI on hard against 2 computers on insane difficulty, would make interesting matches

Anonymous
    207.38.156.xxx
  • or i could have an ally computer on insane difficulty against 4 comps on medium

Anonymous
    207.38.156.xxx
  • I want to point out something that I think is important.

Before using starcrack, I used another AI mod, I admit starcrack is MUCH better, but it is lacking something.

The previous AI mod I used would regularly use sneak attacks, eg: load 30+ units into overlords, fly over my defences, and unleash hell upon my HQ.

The current AI units in starcrack seem to just charge blindly into my defences =/

Anonymous
    183.33.234.xxx
  • I want the AI to use a good mix of AIR and GROUND UNITS and KEEP EXPANDING!!

This always happens and its annoying. When im playing 2v2 AI 7.0 cheating edition, my ALLY (protoss) always sucks, while the 2 other computers rape. They mass their armies and attack but my ally only expands to ONE position (on twilight fortress) and never really builds up an army. Also I remembered when the AI would make a balance force of tier three ground and air but now they just spam ground units only.

The only time I saw some heavy air action was when my ally (protoss) base got DESTROYED and it had zero minerals left to harvest but it built up a HUGE AIR base.

IS this a bug of some sort? the AI ally always seems handicapped and stops trying after a while. Its production structures are never really running.

Anonymous
    71.113.228.xxx
  • OH and the AI should build more TIER 3 in late games. Only once have I seen ultralisks and Carriers built in the multiple 1 hr matches I've played.

Anonymous
    71.113.228.xxx
  • I want the AI to anticipate and react to the composition of my army.

First thank you for the great AI!
    It is really a good job and it is fun to test the game with this AI.

So here are a few advices:

I think the AI should consider the race we play:

[ZvP]
    For example, if I play zerg and it plays protoss, I want to see zealot/colossi vs ling, sentries/immortal vs roach.
    (basically sentry/immo/colossi vs roach would be a piece of cake, and you get few sentries to prepare for first mutaliks if they come out)
    If it sees early mutalisks, it should know that the most likely following is:
    1. roach/muta
    2. broodlord/corruptor at tier 3

So in this case I want the AI to STOP poping out zealots and get stalkers/sentries out the gateways, and few colossi/immortal to back them up.
    Knowing that in a general manner:
    Stalker > roach
    Stalker = muta
    Stalker + Sentry > muta + roach
    Stalker + Sentry + Colossi > muta + roach + ling
    Don't forget that zerg have limited detecting capabilities so hallucination is just so fun against zerg.

End-game, stalker + sentries can do fine against broodlord + corruptor if using blink properly.

Protoss own the ground, zerg own the air.

protoss should get AA asap against zerg when it sees a mutalisk.

If zerg tries to switch to ling + hydra in the meanwhile, just answer with colossi + immo, that's really gonna be a massacre...

At the moment the AI keep poping out zealots when it sees my mutas, and that's just ridiculous.

Of course nothing is gonna be easy and there is no absolute answer to zerg threats (since zergs are really flexible), but it could give us a much harder time.

I didn't play terran yet so I don't have advices for terrans but I'll post again.

Also sentries are very important against zerg for its 3 abilities (wall(can be a pain for lings vs stalker)/guardian shield(good buff)/hallucination(great against zerg)), so ther's no way the protoss can pop out so much zealot and not even 1 sentry when I play zerg!

Basically PvZ is very hard for the toss, but zergs can be handled with sufficient diversity on the ground.
    As a Protoss player I wont try to get carriers(or even any air) if I saw mutalisks, cause corruptors are likely to follow and they just completely own carriers for half the cost.
    So better go templars against zerg in a general manner?

[About terrans]
    At the moment I only played 1v1 against terran, and I won almost only with roaches.
    No, marine is no counter to roach, so if AI sees 20 roaches it should stop making marines...

Anonymous
    115.163.248.xxx

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: