If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• I've played against this AI for a while (in the previous versions). I noticed the latest version Both very hard and insane have resource bonus.

I think this is a bad idea. Vision and unrestricted apm are ok, but bonus resources make for an unrealistic game.

For example, say an AI makes 12 zealots in the first 3 minutes and attack. It'll be very hard to stay alive. But if I can stay alive and eventually win, that doesn't mean help me improve as a player in real melee games because it's not possible for anyone to get resource bonuses in melee matches. A player may control his units exceptionally well (so apm is OK) and he might be able to have good scouting skills/intuition (so vision is ok). But it's unrealistic to have income bonus no matter how high the level of play.

I think the resource bonus is a quick fix to make the AI harder but bad for the AI for development in general. Of course, there should be a resource cheating AI, and that'll be like playing a custom map, for fun.

Just to clarify I am not saying this AI is bad at all, I think this project is great and the AI helped me a lot. I just think that a good AI should have realistic advantages and not resource bonus which might actually make a player perform worse in a real match.

Anonymous

Support Nibbits by linking to us: