Post here Suggestions that could make the tool “better”.
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • Post here Suggestions that could make the tool “better”.

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • well... if you could rename the "hard" setting to insane and then create a new one without the 2x resources?

no biggie, one can edit the .galaxy, but i'm lazeeeee

Anonymous
    92.72.67.xxx
  • Roemywell... if you could rename the "hard" setting to insane and then create a new one without the 2x resources?

no biggie, one can edit the .galaxy, but i'm lazeeeee

there is a custom AI builder coming up very soon (today or this week) from there you can do what ever you dream ;-)

but so far stacrack ai is very sort in settings..

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • itd be nice to display the position numbers on the map, much like StarLauncher does.

Anonymous
    207.216.142.xxx
  • pogiitd be nice to display the position numbers on the map, much like StarLauncher does.

also under construction will be released in the next version i have done it bu i must make sure its working ok! and the start locations are where they should be!

also all start location are having round background and color that makes then trully visible!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Add the ability to delete multiple replay files at once. I don't like keeping a ton on my HDD and it is somewhat annoying having to go through and delete them in their folder :)

Nukes; what goes up, must come down.
    Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Pistolfied
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I dunno if it's possible, but it'd be nice to set your name.

I know you don't like adding unnecessary features, but maybe adding all the colors wouldn't be too bad. I'm sure it wouldn't add too much space to it.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Artanis.618
    Realm:
    North America
  • PistolfiedAdd the ability to delete multiple replay files at once. I don't like keeping a ton on my HDD and it is somewhat annoying having to go through and delete them in their folder :)

if you right click now on the replays there is a new command Edit Folders this will open your explorer to do what ever you want easily

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Artanis186I dunno if it's possible, but it'd be nice to set your name.

I know you don't like adding unnecessary features, but maybe adding all the colors wouldn't be too bad. I'm sure it wouldn't add too much space to it.

its not that i dont like this feature, its only that no specific hack was found for the player name Yet, and i dont think people will need it because its only you vs the Ai, no big deal, this will be supported in the future under the battle.net emulator i quess

also righ now i wouldnt implemented cause based on that players name that i am reading from a replay file, i decide if its a Starcrack AI or Blizzard Ai to load the replay and avoid lots of Desync issues, its not working alwasy cause some replays are not readable, but from nothing its good to have something ;-)

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • was wondering if the battle.net emulator is gunna come soon or its still under construction?

Private
  • eazyj101was wondering if the battle.net emulator is gunna come soon or its still under construction?

well this tools has nothing to do with the b.net emulator......

YET ;-)

i cant say more but soon you will hear a big officially announcement regarding the future of this tool and possibly the support of LAN.

but lets keep this "emulator thread" out of this topic.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Can you implement something like a drop down menu were you can choose the AI you want to play so you don't have to update the AI everytime you want to play a diffrent one?

Anonymous
    86.126.127.xxx
  • vernam7
    eazyj101was wondering if the battle.net emulator is gunna come soon or its still under construction?

well this tools has nothing to do with the b.net emulator......

YET ;-)

i cant say more but soon you will hear a big officially announcement regarding the future of this tool and possibly the support of LAN.

but lets keep this "emulator thread" out of this topic.

I approve of this statement!

You sir, are making me droooooool!

Back on topic:

I have noticed that the tool takes quite a while from the time I launch it to the time it is actually opened, I would like to see a faster startup if possible.

Also It would be nice to have an auto update function so you don't have to manually check.

• It only takes mine about ten seconds to open, but I guess it depends on you computer, I have a pretty beefy PC.

May I ask where this emulator topic is? I'm starting to drool a bit. I've seen some stuff on other forums but very little here.

As far as improvements for the tool, not sure how hard it would be but the ability to download replays from within the tool would be pretty fricken awesome!

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • download maps and replays aregoing to bein in the new new launcher that is been developing seens we joined forces with sc team

about the start delay the tool makes copies backups for the game its need it in my system takes 3secs

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • how about cry17 suggestion??

I agree with him..

• I don't think that's an option guy, the official tool seems to be going with the best AI.. Let's keep it that lol.

The other Ai's just don't compare to StarCrack if you ask me.

Vernam- Cool about the downloading replays, love the idea.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • ^
    I think now there's so much advanced AI other than starcrack

and for me strategy AI is slightly harder than starcrack..

you should try it if you haven't

but strategy AI uses triggerlibs..
    maybe the launcher would be better if support triggerlibs too..

• even if i add this there is no way someone would remember after few days wich game he played with what ai and what level to see the replay!

there are some logical limits we have to consider for practicality reasons.

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7even if i add this there is no way someone would remember after few days wich game he played with what ai and what level to see the replay!

there are some logical limits we have to consider for practicality reasons.

In this current state your launcher is very limited. It cannot use major AI scripts, not o mention that in order to properly launch one AI it needs to create a galaxy file i sc2 beta directory, and game data. That is "new" way of loading AI, and for me is just going backwards. Even some older tools are able to launch all major AI's, with more advanced selection menu. Take for example SC2Launcher, all you have to do is to place AI's in the same folder, and then just pick one you like from drop menu. This approach is far superior then yours don't you agree?

By implementing triggerlibs you can make life easier for developers of AI. One of them wishes to use your launcher. He is the developer of GreenTea.
    Go to darkblizz and see for yourself.

Private
  • sorry no i dont agree, the tool is not meant for AI developers in the first place! and as i said in darkblizz

well i have news for you

1) the tool doesn NOT creat the folders you mentioned (at least not the latest version)

2)the tool primary support starcrack and thats it for now, by insisting in adding multi AI support will not make it happen because surly you luck the knowledge on how AI should be implemented, and that means if i dont have the 100% corporation by the other teams for their own AI i probably will not support them because people will start become crying babies for the AI problems and accuse my tool. happened before.

3)the tool needs to be in its own folder, not in starcracfts directory nessery but absolutily in its own folder, and even right now supports trigger libs i just dont do that officially(dint announce it antill its polished and final), the tool has a folder scai that contains all files need it for the ai to work!

those files are injected to the right places and files at the right time for the game to load the AI correclty.

the sc2data files ARE DEAD! if you think AI will work with only one s2data file sorry you are mistaken!
    it may make you think that the ai works but not al options properties and abilities will work 100% cause Blizzard specially after patch forces the game to load its own internal ai and not external files!

also because we want to touch as less as possible the game files we dont replace anythining that we dont put back when the tool closes

trust me most of you you think you know how the tool works because you are looking for files created when you run it, well there are things you dont see ;-) and that makes the ai to trully work.

as far as which AI is better or not, i really dont care that much, if i find a guy responsible enough to sent me latest version of the ai in triggerlibs folder then i can add support. but i will not take responsibilty of others ai implementation, i work for StarCrack team.

still this tool is meant o keep things simple! not become an AI loader or AI creator for advenced users!

Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • vernam7sorry no i dont agree, the tool is not meant for AI developers in the first place! and as i said in darkblizz

well i have news for you

1) the tool doesn NOT creat the folders you mentioned (at least not the latest version)

2)the tool primary support starcrack and thats it for now, by insisting in adding multi AI support will not make it happen because surly you luck the knowledge on how AI should be implemented, and that means if i dont have the 100% corporation by the other teams for their own AI i probably will not support them because people will start become crying babies for the AI problems and accuse my tool. happened before.

3)the tool needs to be in its own folder, not in starcracfts directory nessery but absolutily in its own folder, and even right now supports trigger libs i just dont do that officially(dint announce it antill its polished and final), the tool has a folder scai that contains all files need it for the ai to work!

those files are injected to the right places and files at the right time for the game to load the AI correclty.

the sc2data files ARE DEAD! if you think AI will work with only one s2data file sorry you are mistaken!
    it may make you think that the ai works but not al options properties and abilities will work 100% cause Blizzard specially after patch forces the game to load its own internal ai and not external files!

also because we want to touch as less as possible the game files we dont replace anythining that we dont put back when the tool closes

trust me most of you you think you know how the tool works because you are looking for files created when you run it, well there are things you dont see ;-) and that makes the ai to trully work.

as far as which AI is better or not, i really dont care that much, if i find a guy responsible enough to sent me latest version of the ai in triggerlibs folder then i can add support. but i will not take responsibilty of others ai implementation, i work for StarCrack team.

still this tool is meant o keep things simple! not become an AI loader or AI creator for advenced users!

Ok, that was just my opinion, if i have skills like you i would make my own launcher. I am happy to hear that it will support triggerlibs.Also it would be nice if you could add one more difficulty in launcher and that's "none" or default so that we can use SC2Archive (that strategy currently uses) and be able to watch our own replay. Even Valkirie has that option Vernam (none), and thats the launcher i currently use because yours is forcing and only loading starcrack AI. ONLY SUPPORT STARCRACK TEAM?!?
    Lol, you should rename your tool from "SC2Allin1"
    to "SC2All4Starcrack"...wow that doesn't sound to bad.

Now tell me how much are starcrack paying you to only support their AI?:)

Edit: Ok i was wrong, your current version supports trigggerlibs...sorry didn't know. You said blizzard is now forcing only internal sc2 files preventing all external files. I just wanted to say that there is guy who input his AI in SC2Archive, and that's original blizzard file, that way he forced sc2 to load his AI and the best part it doesn't matter what launcher you use because it will always load properly. Just wanted to share that with you. Can you look at that, and tell me what you
    think.
    I didn't delete line about tools name so anyone can see what a jerk i am.

Private
  • If it all make it Lan :D

• Chikopaws, my guess is that you're not using the all in one tool for the starcrack ai, hence why you're not impressed.

I've played the other AI's and I'm not trying to put them down but they just down play as well if you ask me.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • this tool have no mess with sc2 original files and this is the point because you dont need to reinstall weekly and in my opinion starcrackAI is the best(still developing) and this tool make it easy to use (for some guys like me)
    but if there is safe way to use another AI(with full potential) its good to make it optional, because you can support wide range of people and thank you vernam for this tool and responding.

Captain
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: