EXACT way I got Starcraft2beta+SC2allin1 working
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • Hi all...Im new to this site, but Id like to help out anyone trying to get the Starcraft 2 beta up and running to play solo using the Starcrack 2All1 9.7.7 launcher. I did alot of things wrong, before I got it right. This is what I did and now it works flawlessly. Heres what I did step by step. (Im on WinXP btw, make sure you do the Microsoft update for the .net Framework prior to doing all of this.)

1) Make sure your doing a clean install of the Starcraft 2 beta client. Make sure NO folders are left if you had it previously installed. Run CCleaner, and clean up your registry.

2) Download and install the Starcraft 2 beta client. Now, when you install it, NO patches are applied. you WILL have to update this manually. (and Ill explain how, VERY easy once you see how to do it, more on this in a moment)

3) You will have to download all of these patches from here>>> http://www.starcraft2patch.net/ Create a folder called Starcraft 2 patches, and place all of those patches in there.

4) (This is the part that tripped me up and others..) Open your windows explorer, and locate your c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\support folder. Go to your folder that you just downloaded all of the patches to.

5) Now, the first patch you want to unzip is the one that has patch 1-8. Unzip that into the c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\support folder.

6) After that patch is unziped in that c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\support folder, start from the first file and rename it "sc2-patch.mpq" (minus the ")

7) See that blizzard updater? double click it. It will apply that file you just changed the name of in order to patch it. Once it is complete, you must delete that sc2-patch.mpq, go to the next patch file, and do the same thing you just did, until all of them are finished. So in summary, unzip patch, start at the first file you unziped, change name to sc2-patch.mpq, double click blizzard updater, wait for patch to be applied, delete sc2-patch.mpq, repeat until all are finished.

8) Continue doing this to all patches BUT!!! STOP DOING THIS AFTER YOU PATCH IT TO PATCH 12.1!!! Starting with patch 13 you need to do something a little different.

9) Next, before continuing, your going to remove the file Battle.net.MPQ from the Battle.net folder in your c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\battle.net directory. After you have done that, unzip patch 13,14,15 and 16. You will only patch the sc2-xxx-x86-Win-enUS-game and sc2-xxx-x86-Win-enUS-locale files. DELETE the bnet-base and bnet-bin files each time you unzip the next patch. Do this method to all remaining patches 13,14,15 and 16.

10) After that is all finished and patched, run the SC2ALLin1 9.7.7. Look in your c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\sc2allin1 folder for the sc2allin1.exe to launch.

Hopefully this helped ppl like me who were struggling with getting this to run. I forgot to put in how to get maps, but if you manage to get it up and running, it should be no problem to download the official maps for it.. and a big THANK YOU to JSB for finding out what the big problem was. Have fun all :)

• Did the same and it worked out...

"6) After that patch is unziped in that c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta\support folder, start from the first file and rename it "sc2-patch.mpq" (minus the ") "

This step really suck... but finally it worked...
    Nicely done

• Hey chimairo, yeah, that "re-naming each part of the patch" for sure sux, thats the longest and most redundant procedure, but it does do the trick. Now, if I can only beat the Starcrack A.I. on easy, I'll be in business :)

• i did it... I succesfully updated all of it, but when I try to start a game with the Launcher SC2 crashes :(

• Hey Juan...sry to hear about the crash...but I left this comment trying to help others out, so maybe take a look at this more in depth way I did it...hopefully it will help you out>>>>

Hey all...for those of you who cant get this to run yet, i know it sux :( I hope maybe if I clarify a little more what i did with patching, maybe that will help. I just installed it on my sons computer, also a XP puter, and it worked perfect. I did do a little something different. Hopefully you saw this EXACT way I did it to get it to run>>> http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/9/view/867/exact-way-i-got-starcraft2betasc2allin1-working
    But when I did his, this is what i did a little different>>>>

I created a "patch" folder right in the c:\programfiles\starcraftIIbeta folder. Then unziped ALL of the patches from 1 thru 12.1 into the support folder, then went into the support folder did the whole "start at the first (top of the list) patch file, changed name to sc2-patch.mpq, double clicked blizzard updater, wait for patch to be applied, deleted that sc2-patch.mpq that was just patched, repeated until all of those were finished. Then, went to the battle.net folder and deleted the battle.net.mpq file, and 1 by 1, did patch 13 then 14 then 15 and 16, deleted the bnet-base and bnet-bin files each time I unziped the next patch. After patch 16 was done, I ran the SC2allin1 9.7.7. And again it worked perfectly on his machine.
    I cant comment on replays, I havent tried that aspect of the launcher yet.
    But please, I know the frustration of this. Please feel free to ask anything I could help you with...talk to you soon...GroovusX :)

• I seem to have an isse when I get to patch 13--- the files I rename to MPQ don't actually change file type and the updater will not see them as an update file to use... anyone else?

Anonymous
    173.34.245.xxx
  • Did this, can launch the game but I have no hot keys (or hot key profiles) any fix to this?

Anonymous
    74.32.164.xxx
  • You can use this link as well to download patches.
    http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25170841374&postId=251683269625&sid=5000#0

Anonymous
    203.213.49.xxx
  • GroovusX,
    you're life savor thx a ton

Anonymous
    124.122.122.xxx
  • For those who have the crash issue, you must install all the patch in order...

Download all the patches and do the step 6) and on...

I had this trouble and I fix it uninstalling, clean installing again and updating the game IN ORDER..

Each patch file has the name of the current patch and the next one so follow the numbers... for example...

"sc2-0.3.0.14093-0.4.0.14133-x86-Win-enUS-game" and the next will be... "sc2-0.4.0.14133-0.5.0.14219-x86-Win-enUS-game" install first the "game" one and then the "locale" =)

Also, never unzip all the patches at once. Do it by steps... first the 1-8, change name (step 6) and then after u install them all unzip the 9 and so on..

Hope this helps

• hey guys xXThePlague1Xx here and you guys should really check out this forum on this website it will help you with any problems you may have.

http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/29/view/866/manual-installation-to-patch-16-work-a-round?&p=1

oh and im uploading an updater package with US patches 1-16 it will update it all for you, check that forum to get the download link. "no more renaming files yay!!! :)

Anonymous
    70.153.176.xxx
  • Hey thanks for posting this. I was wondering if we could stop patching at say patch 8 and just play. You see, downloading the patches is a real pain and i'd be happy to just stop on patch 8 and just start playing. Thanks.

Anonymous
    110.175.160.xxx
  • I personally haven't tried that, I thought the SC2allin1 required up to patch 16. But I saw someone on here was going to post a link to the patches where you didnt have to do all that re-naming of the patches to the "sc2-patch.mpq" thing. That just plain out sux! :p

• haha, i think they've already posted it. its in the "Manual Installation to patch 16 work-around" thread. i'm going to give it a try and see if it helps, even though i'm already on to patch 8.

Anonymous
    110.175.160.xxx
  • I've installed starcraft 2, gotten all the patch files and am with you up to step 7- when my 'Blizzard Updater' gives me the message
    "Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
    There is no patch file to apply."

I'm not sure why it doesn't start...but any help would be much appreciated.

Anonymous
    98.160.250.xxx
  • You need to rename all the patch files that you download 1 by 1 to (without the speech marks) "starcraft-patch.mpq". Make sure its not "starcraft-patch.mpg" (emphasis on the "g" at the end), because thats what happened to me at first. It should convert to a mpq file. If it doesn't turn to a mpq file, try downloading the patches again and renaming them and updating them again. It should work.

Anonymous
    110.175.160.xxx
  • US Servers are back up, you can patch just running the exe :D

• Thanks Someone..it worked, patching it now, really hope it all works.

Anonymous
    98.160.250.xxx
  • @Agrivated: No problem. Hope it works for you :)

@Juan: I thought that we shouldn't update through the servers yet because allin1 won't work on the latest patch... I'm just going to stick with patch 16 until they release an updated version of allin1.

Anonymous
    110.175.160.xxx
  • The latest patch is 16, right? it said on the first post that you should patch the 16th too... ugh, maybe thats why it didnt work for me? idk... are you sure it wont work? im almost done updating through the exe file :S

• Well, i thought that the latest patch allin1 can handle is 15.1 (which apparently we all dubbed as patch 16 mistakenly), so yeah... I dunno... I'm just going to stick to patch 15.1 to be safe...

Anonymous
    110.175.160.xxx
  • I got an error saying

Unable to validate starcraft 2 license...

when I used the launcher

• Hey all...U.S. servers are back up??? Hmmm...I dont think Im going try to log into battle net for any updates. It took me forever to figure out how to get it working, I figure, Im not in the beta anyway, and Im going to leave well enough alone. As long as I can play skirmish aganist the A.I. Im cool until the 27th. But someone please leave word if you do log into battle net and get updated via battle net. Will SC2allin1 still work? I'd be curious to know.

• No, SC2allin1 does not work after latest patch. it stopped at unable to validate sc2 license.

Anonymous
    70.190.111.xxx
  • Thx X...Ill just stick with SC2allin1 then...and this phase 2 is NOT a open beta correct? You cant log in and even play custom games right? So really, there is no reason to update your SC2, unless you are in the beta and have a beta key.

Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: