Where to Download the Galaxy Editor?
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • I have a beta key, and I would like to know where to download the editor, if I even can. Also, 2 more questions:

-will my account on Starcraft 2 BNet remain after the beta?
    -will any maps made now be able to be played later, after the beta>?

Tom 1
  • also, I am a mac user.

Tom 1
  • I'm not too sure about macs, but for windows, the editor is automatically downloaded into your starcraft 2 folder when you install patch 9/10 and it should be the same for macs, if its available for macs.

As for your bnet account, if you opted in for beta, you would have needed to already have another blizzard game registered to it, and seeing that many WoW(now converted to bnet) accounts which have been inactive for years were still playable, i doubt they would delete it for a registered account, adding the fact that there are now unlockable achivements tied to the account and they mentioned at blizzcon 09 that your info would be saved permanently on bnet 2.0. On the other hand, if you have gotten the key some other way, without another blizz game, then you really have nothing to lose if it is going to get deleted since you wont be able to play the beta.

As for the maps, they should still be playable after the beta, especially when blizzard releases the map publishing feature. It would seem pointless to have people working so hard to create the maps only to have them unplayable due to a new patch.

Lieutenant
  • i am a windows seven user, and i cannot find the galaxy editor, even when i search it on my computer, Help?

Anonymous
    24.17.228.xxx
  • It is labeled Starcraft 2 Editor.exe -- "galaxy" is not in the filename.

Your best bet is to just check your */Starcraft II Beta/ folder, it should be right there jjb

[u][i]Xfire:[/u] [i]Heretician[/i] [b][u]AIM:[/u] Heretician420 [b][u]MSN:[/u] onealns@email.uc.edu[/b]
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Heretic / 967
    Realm:
    North America
  • Your Bnet account will stay but I dont think your sc2 account will. there going to wipe all records for sure so beta players wont start retail in platinum with a 1800 ladder score. Im 99% sure account names will also be wiped. The retail servers most likly wont be the same as the beta server.

Mac map editor is not out yet as far as I know :(

Maps made now should be able to be played in retail unless they do major changes to the game. If they do small changes (thats most likly the case at this point) you might have to do some small changes to make then work with the retail version.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • thank you so much

Anonymous
    24.17.228.xxx
  • I downloaded patch 15 and still cant find the editor i searched "editor" and only one thing came up about some crash i really want the editor too =( what to do?

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • if you have patch 15(editor come from patch 9), editor is in this directory
    (this is default directory for XP)

C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\StarCraft II Editor

see this picture(green earth icon)

Captain
  • i cant find mines?

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • I think but not 100% sure .. when the game gets its final beta patches or retail release we will be getting a more polished editor with more tools. including a doodad maker, and a basic howto demo or something to get new people started.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • Is there a version history of the editor somewhere?

Battle.net
    Name:
    pmnox
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • this was not helpfull at all lol i wontto download galaxy editor duhh!

Anonymous
    67.185.128.xxx
  • You can easily download starcraft 2 and if you have starcraft 2, you have the galaxy editor. To my knowledge, theres only 1 version of the editor, blizzard hasn't even been bothered to fix the missing file in the editor since its release.

Lieutenant
  • dont think that will work unless you get a pre patched sc2 .. editor was not until 9 right? and the patch servers are down.. till phase 2

Battle.net
    Name:
    Cronos.cronos
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • There have been many posts around the forums leading to downloads for manual patching here, you can still patch the game despite the servers going down.

Lieutenant
  • I do not know if this will function with any patches prior to the one the editor was released in.

However it's always worth the try nonetheless.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/njw2qiwtmmz/StarCraft%20II%20Editor.exe

Just place it in the sc2 folder and try running it.

If it fails to load up, then refer to the link above, and only download Patch 15.
    Patching in order is pointless unless you wanted to view older replays; so the single patch 15 will bring your editor most up to date.

Patch 16 I do believe was a small quick fix and not a full content update.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • i downloaded patch 15 and it just gives me a folder called updates ...what should i do ?

Anonymous
    79.113.85.xxx
  • haha sucker! >:D yes i'm trolling :P

Anonymous
    81.216.133.xxx
  • all there is left to do is wait until tonight at midnight to play! i download it, then i will pay online and then it be playing time!!!!

Alina
    http://www.mysc2vids.com/

Anonymous
    71.189.89.xxx
  • Uhh, when i was patching up the starcraft.. it says :
    The patch "pc-game-hdfiles\StarCraft II Editor.exe" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x6E21EE5A7B1D755819D09B2B7505896D, actual 0xC2DA61661D0ABF25138423F3ED5133A9.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)

Please, help me.. I even reinstalled this whole game..

Anonymous
    175.137.98.xxx
  • im having a problem and was wanting to konow if anyone else was. i have the full game, but the editor is still incomplete. i recently renuilt my computer, so i know the beta is nolonger on my computer. can anyone help?

Anonymous
    173.57.126.xxx
  • Duntorah incomplete like what? and i assure you that is just not possible if you got the full game... in case you refer to units such as firebat medics etc they were kinda replaced by medivac(which is far better) and for the firebat and the vulture they replaced it with hellion and so on with other units..
    so if this was you "incomplete" issue then you got your answer if not... say the actual problem.

Corporal
  • incomplete as in still the same as it was when i had the beta only. it doesnt have heroes or characters oranything. and the full one is supposed to have alot of the old units.

Anonymous
    173.57.126.xxx
  • They are in the editor, you just have to tinker around with it. I remember it being mentioned in the forums somewhere, something about adding file dependencies to the map.

Lieutenant
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: