What do you want to see in 7.1?
submit to reddit

• wow i never realized but you can totally cheese the zergs in insane difficulty if you make cannons at their door.

Anonymous
    207.38.156.xxx
  • i want ai make good defence,not random

Captain
  • I want the AI to better respond to brood lords.

I noticed that as I got brood lords, the AI seemed to make units only to counter my broodlings (Colossus+Zealots). He did make a few stalkers, but not nearly enough as I had about 5-6 broodlords vs his maybe 5-8 stalkers.

Before anyone asks or comments, yes it knew I had air as I had muta harrased it early on (though it failed, miserably) and I even began attacking with 3 brood lords but pulled out for about 10-15 minutes while I rebuilt my base on an island expansion (My only reamaining base, so it took a while to tech back up to build more brood lords).

Anonymous
    68.105.200.xxx
  • i made about 20 tanks and put them on the highground just outside my base, then i scouted around with the medivak dropships to extend their range and sealed off my door with 4-6 barracks. the zerg kept sending ground units until all their minerals were depleted, they didn't even make a new hatchery. they just stopped producing and i armed 10 nukes for their 3 bases in a epic instawin

i think zerg should go for a lot of mutalisks if they see tanks, i think they should never stop building new bases so that they can keep producing

Anonymous
    207.38.156.xxx
  • I've noticed that when one of players is almost totally destroyed, never comes up from ashes even while having lots of minerals to rebuild.
    Also AI - when it runs out of resources on it's expansion - doesn't search for other places to expand in later game.
    I want it to be fixed :)
    But thx for very hard work!

Anonymous
    83.4.196.xxx
  • I'd like to see MORE variability in gameplay, especially some unorthodox methods. Such as mothership rush :D

Private
  • Also, similar to a previous poster - resources need to be used more efficiently. When rebuilding an entire base, the AI takes ages even though they may have a load of minerals. ALthough this may be blizzards fault.

Private
  • I want to see the Zerg use Nydus Worm, if thats even possible.

• first of all, i'd like to thank you for your amazing work which allows starcraft fans like me to practice build orders and hotkeys without being one of the lucky chosen ones for the beta.
    I have been playing against your bots repeatedly and for that, i thank you once again.

Here are a couple things i encountered.

When facing terran, the terran does in fact lift off their command center when they're about to lose. However, the terran does not lift off their cc when they are mined out and unable to expand. Now, I know if that was the case, the terran has probably lost already but maybe you could have the terran build a cc first and lift it off to an expansion.

Instead of the bots building a specific build order and change it up as you scout, how about you have build orders at random so the player doesn't exactly know what they're going to do. For example, against protoss, they usually go 2-3 gateway and send in a big wave of zlots and stuff but if that fails (or if you overcome it) their base is pretty much defenseless.
    Suggestions. Instead of using their forces to attack, keep it as a defense for them to macro up.

People also complain about the bots being too easy. Could you possibly have the bots to have a tighter build order and maybe label this one as (hard mode).
    terran
    10/11 - supply
    11/11 - scv
    12/18 - scv
    12/18 - rax.. etc

as for people who want the comp to 'cheese' them. i realize how difficult scripting may be but all in all, i think people just want a bot that can macro up rather than micro.

• dk1mWhen facing terran, the terran does in fact lift off their command center when they're about to lose. However, the terran does not lift off their cc when they are mined out and unable to expand. Now, I know if that was the case, the terran has probably lost already but maybe you could have the terran build a cc first and lift it off to an expansion.

I'm having a lot of problems getting the game to tell me where the minerals are. It can be done but at the moment micro management like that is 2nd to the macro management issues that I'm currently trying to fix. however it is a pet hate of mine when I'm watching the AI play and terran doesn't use the flying ability to retreat somewhere safe. This is on the list of things to fix.

Currently the bots have set plays for 3 different stages of the game open, mid and late. as of V7 the AI will try and counter your army but only within its set play for the mid and late game. there is no reactive element to the early game yet.

The bots don't do race specific plays yet however this is something I am working on.

If you have a good build order you help out by coding it in the galaxy script language http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/19/view/487/add-you-own-build-orders-to-starcrack or if you can detail it in the food use notation I can add it.

ccT 2
    Private
  • i want Ai say Hi gl hf at start of the game :P

Anonymous
    90.63.240.xxx
  • borgerkonki want Ai say Hi gl hf at start of the game :P
    So do I! I also want the computer to trash talk sometimes, and maybe gloat a little if it wins. I think that would be really awesome. :)

ccT 2
    Private
  • ^^ If you beat him in an unorthodox manor he has to call you a ****ing noob.

• I want individual enemy ground units that are trapped inside my own grounds army (and thus the enemy untis can not move) to cancel thier "return to base to defend against impending army" command and attack the units that are surrounding them!

I seriously destroyed a large amount of protoss forces by surrounding them with my zegling ./ ultra army when they were moving somewhere - and they never attacked me.

Anonymous
    220.253.194.xxx
  • Turdburgler^^ If you beat him in an unorthodox manor he has to call you a ****ing noob.

Brilliant!
    Then I can call it a WoW Player and we can bitch back and forth

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I want your AI to say that i am strong opponent something like "Wow you are so strong, I admire you, then i would like him to say something like this: "I am not worthy enough to play with you", plus "You are such a pro". Then maybe "Please have mercy on me" and so on..

Now i was thinking if somehow he managed to defeat my units i want AI to say that it was "Pure luck" and asks for forgiveness so my counter attack would not be so vengeful.
    If he however manages to destroy my base along the way i want your AI to say that it was unintentional and i want AI APOLOGIZE TO ME!!!

Anonymous
    62.193.148.xxx
  • logoI want your AI to say that i am strong opponent something like "Wow you are so strong, I admire you, then i would like him to say something like this: "I am not worthy enough to play with you", plus "You are such a pro". Then maybe "Please have mercy on me" and so on..

Now i was thinking if somehow he managed to defeat my units i want AI to say that it was "Pure luck" and asks for forgiveness so my counter attack would not be so vengeful.
    If he however manages to destroy my base along the way i want your AI to say that it was unintentional and i want AI APOLOGIZE TO ME!!!

Sounds like an emo child.
    I'd rather it be like the raging kids who think they are tough shit for playing games.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • I'm sorry about having more than one "want," but...

I want to see the AI actively detect and destroy my creep tumors and burrowed units. I can expand my creep unopposed until I build tumors very close to the AI's bases. I can also burrow a unit near minerals and vespene to prevent the AI from building a Hatchery/CC/Nexus, and they don't build around it or detect my unit.

I want the AI to attack the victims of Neural Parasite. When I use an Infestor to take over an AI's unit, the AI won't attack it's rogue unit. When I assume control of a Colossus/Thor/SiegeTank/etc and attack with said unit, the AI's army indecisively flip-flops between heading towards my base for an attack and fleeing to their own base.

• Hi, I'm not HC player. Playing at diff 3.
    AI strategy is almost the same. Huge first wave and no expansions. For me it means "survive this first wave and win...". AI will simply spent all resources for units and nothing else.

My suggestion is, AI should expand even with less diff used.

Anonymous
    89.103.5.xxx
  • ps: except protoss. he expand only...

Anonymous
    89.103.5.xxx
  • i d like to see AI doing some micro-managment (get back a bit the "red unit" and focus the "red" enemy unit...) and get back when it is 3v5 or 4v6.

I noticed that the unit's wave still hit the first thing they meet untill they dead.

Under this aspect poulet AI is a bit better than this AI. Is it possible to implement something similar?

Anonymous
    213.215.240.xxx
  • I want to see the AI block his choke point if he is Terran with supply depot's.

• Raisonbran648I want to see the AI block his choke point if he is Terran with supply depot's.
    This will happen eventually however its gonna be map dependent and it will probably take a few versions to implement.

ccT 2
    Private
  • The ai should attack als basis not only the main.
    I play terran vs Zerg. I made a mistak and the got into my base. I lifted of all buildings and flwe to an other place. I landed rebuild all and won the game. Withe cloaked banshes. the ai haden´t got one Overseer.
    I watched the replay and the army ot the ai was always on the place wehre my first base was.
    maybe you can impliment somthing like the ai saves the places of all enemy comandcenters/hives/nexus where they could atack. If they destroyd all of this but still don´t won they search the whole map for it.

Thanks for the great ai.

Anonymous
    77.190.48.xxx
  • LordThe ai should attack als basis not only the main.
    I play terran vs Zerg. I made a mistak and the got into my base. I lifted of all buildings and flwe to an other place. I landed rebuild all and won the game. Withe cloaked banshes. the ai haden´t got one Overseer.
    I watched the replay and the army ot the ai was always on the place wehre my first base was.
    maybe you can impliment somthing like the ai saves the places of all enemy comandcenters/hives/nexus where they could atack. If they destroyd all of this but still don´t won they search the whole map for it.

Thanks for the great ai.

This is currently a problem with the non-map-hacking AI it _sucks_ at scouting. This is is a problem with the ingame AI for the 'scouting wave' and this is not something we have access to at the moment.

Currently the AI scouts with either a single worker{drone,probe,scv} or a transport{medivac,overlord,warpprism} however this is not good enough as a sinlge scout cant cover the whole map well enough. We have tried adding extra units to the 'scounting wave' however this results in 2 workers / transports going round the map together and not scouting separate places.

There is code to determine where the scouts go on the map. Most of this is hidden from us but what is exposed is very unhelpful in creating better scouting. However i haven't put lots of time into fixing this yet.

The new version gets around this slightly be increasing its production / defenses and keeping its army at 200/200 this makes it much harder to float of to an island and make a recovery as you when you attack after rebuilding the AI will be in a much stronger position.

I have seen games in AIvsAI where the computers army will be 6hex away from the last building on the map but still not be able to find it :(.

All this can be fixed by playing against the maphacking AI which IMHO makes the AI much harder.

ccT 2
    Private

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: