Starcrack EASY Ai TOO HARD?!
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • Hi, I'm having trouble with the starcrack Ai. Blizzard Very Easy is too easy but then anything in ''Starcrack Ai'' is way too hard. From blizzard very easy to starcrack very easy it's such an insane jump. I get cheesed by the time I get my cybernetics core up.. And I'm not a SC noob.. I get rushed with either 30 marines or 10 roaches+20lings (havn't tried protoss)in 1v1's. It's way too hard and unrealistic. It seems as if the Very Easy blizzard ai is doing what it's suppose to do but everything in Starcrack AI whether its easy,normal,hard it's just insanely hard. Any tips? I've reinstalled SC2 3 times, and reinstalled allin1 3 times as well. Is it just me? Cause I'm not doing anything wrong, I even rush out the zealots as fast as possible and they still manage to have 6 times my army within the first 4 minutes of the game.

Help me out please :)

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • I meant 'easy' starcrack AI **

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx

• Wait, what Starcrack Al have you used?
    Easy Al
    Medium Al
    Hard Al
    Insane Al
    I usually use hard or insane and they rush me in 4 minutes but its easy to defend.
    Try to push single zealot or 2-4 zerglings and hit his economy (kill some workers) and then make expo if you zerg and try to push him more.
    btw
    I will try on my pc.
    Really you use Starcrack 7.02?

Corporal
  • I use 7.03 and all difficulties are the same.. they rush me with freakin 20 roaches and zerglings in the first 5 minutes.. and its like impossible .. i blocked them off making wall with building placement and zealots and i then push 4 more zealots and rush him and somehow he has an entire 2nd army waiting for me..

I tried rushing with first zealot as fast as I could and he was already at roaches some how. Trust me first thing you think of is ''wow this guy is crap'' but i'm not I've played SC for several years im no moron i don't take 5 minutes to push out a zealot.. lol.. something is wrong some how..

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • Try marines and make wall.
    But really first rush was with roaches?
    I have played on Insane on latest Al and I lose first rush with singe zealot and then he fightback with about 18 marines and I had 2 zealots ready and 1 cannon so.
    Could you make movie? I am curious and I would like to see it.

Corporal
  • I use 7.03 starcrack IA too, here is the problem :
    Watch the repaly of the game and you will see that the AI cheat, each collector take 10 minerals instead of 5, that's why they have such a big army so fast. :/

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • Looks like the AI cheats only in Insane.

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • But you are not playing on easy.
    We are talking about Easy Al.
    Btw Insane = hard with 2x minerals (and may have full vision.)

Corporal
  • well i don't know what to do.. every difficulty level is identical..

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • Its strange because every difficulty level is different.

Corporal
  • Hey,

i have the same problems... Always getting rushed by ~12 roaches / 20 zerglings or 15 zealots and ~15 stalkers on easy!

Im using StarCrack AI 7.03.

AIDifficult settings:
    const int c_difficulty = 2;
    const int c_mineralBonus = 0;
    const string c_maphack = "false";

Tried to set difficulty to 5,4,3... but always the same =\

Im Using SC2AllIn1 9.6.6 or SC2 Launcher 2.2.2, no difference between them...

Need help =\

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • Try download Al again.
    and Try to move it to folder in SC2 file called Mod next to Liberty.SC2Mod. They will ask for replace so agree.

Corporal
  • I've also run into the "easy" AI being a rapefest in 5 minutes. Tarren 8 rax rinerape you in 5, Protoss 10 gate zealf*ck you in 5, Zerg roach-ling you in 5. No matter the difficulty set by the launcher, you get raped in 5 min

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • EyezTHey,

i have the same problems... Always getting rushed by ~12 roaches / 20 zerglings or 15 zealots and ~15 stalkers on easy!

Im using StarCrack AI 7.03.

AIDifficult settings:
    const int c_difficulty = 2;
    const int c_mineralBonus = 0;
    const string c_maphack = "false";

Tried to set difficulty to 5,4,3... but always the same =\

Im Using SC2AllIn1 9.6.6 or SC2 Launcher 2.2.2, no difference between them...

Need help =\

posting in the wrong forum

as you probably noticed,
    this forum doesnt have any more "official" replies from the forum starters.. its all user-replies now.

go to

http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/29/view/416/post-here-issues-bugs-problems-regarding-the-launcher-only

thats where you will be able to best find answers =)

Private
  • hi , i have the exact same problem as the rest of you. blizzard easy is just too easy ,yet starcrack easy is too hard, please could some post a fix to make starcract easy more balanced.. thanks siri

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • Maybe it sounds dark to say this but if it seems difficult, then it's a good learning medium to practice more effective builds.

But I'll test it now to see how hard it really is from my perspective..
    ---

10 Minutes Later - Result

Ok, I tried a basic and not so complicated build of mass roaches on a 4 player FFA; something any player can do, and managed to survive until late game, when I teched to Ultras and won the game.

It was no more challenging then the hard difficulty setting.

"Quick mass T1 ground army, detectors and tech upgrades in a moderate timely fashion, then going into the Tier 2 branch after 10 minutes or so."

I'm using the Starcrack Ai 7.03 from the Allin1Launcher and even though I believe a tough game is good for newbies to learn; it is rather "hard" for an Easy mode.

I believe this should be investigated and fixed in a timely manner to prevent the game being unfair to newbies.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Yucie
    Realm:
    US Beta
  • agreed. thank you for your response Yucie

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • I have the same problem. Blizz EZ is braindead A.I. Starcrack "easy" is insanely difficult. I can never rush since the computer rush is equally fast, every time. If I do rush it always stops it. If I don't rush and mass build units as fast as possible it will show up with 4x as many units in 4 minutes and totally pwn everything. It techs up right along with me, super fast, uses all boosts constantly, and builds multiple expansions (and manages/macros units from all simultaneously). If I manage to get into its main and destroy it, it already has a full backup base with a huge army. The AI also macros very effectively. A couple of zealots pwned my group of zerglings. And when I had zerglings, the AI pwned them with a couple of zealots.

I am not a professional gamer but I know how to play this game and won plenty of games on the online beta. I feel like I should be able to at least play a fun game on 'easy' without getting raped every time no matter what strategy I use.

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • To clarify it is 7.03 allinone and I am playing 1 v 1 against the AI on starcrack 'easy'.

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • I have the same problem. Blizzard too easy VS AI Easy, medium, hard all the same difficulty. You just can't win. Doesn't make sense at all.
    Setting the difficulty from 2 to 1 automatically resets this setting to 2.
    No fun playing this game like that.

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • Same here. Just got this up last night, and have tried 3 1 on 1 games vs Terran. They have a ton of marines very early. If I build a defense, they get angry and bring in siege tanks and marauders, very early in the game. Changing the difficulty level Starcrack easy through insane, I am not seeing any difference, same outcome. I was hoping there was a way to turn the difficulty down some so I could get some practice.

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • also it cannot deal with resource harass and one or two vikings can kill it without any problems.

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • if you're having problems changing difficulty settings using AllInOne just make another copy of the "scai" folder (maybe name it "StarCrack 7.03")and manually edit the settings in AIDifficulty.galaxy...then in the launcher, choose "Other AI" and select the "StarCrack 7.03" folder...

Corporal
  • @Syryuu, thx, I did something similarly and it seems to have effect, more easy (too easy but it was the easy level :)
    Before, no matter what I chose except for Blizzard, I received the message, "prepare for terrible damage."

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • The first thing you should do is check your AIDifficulty.galaxy file. You can find it in the SC2ALLIN1 directory:

C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\SC2ALLin1\ai\scai

Should be the default. Open AIDifficulty.galaxy in notepad and look at what it says. There should be a few lines, I guess it depends on the version and difficulty etc but there are 3 entries that should be in there no matter what, I think the newer ones have more variables.

const int c_difficulty = a number;
    const int c_mineralBonus = a number;
    const string c_maphack = "boolean (true/false)";

I think there are 3 difficulty levels, 0, 1, and 2 where the lower number is HARDER. You want yours on 2. Mineral bonus you want at 0, if it's 1 the computer is getting double your resources. Then for the maphack setting you want as false.

----------------------------------------------------

If these things are all correct, there's nothing wrong with the ai and you're really just having difficulty with the easy setting then I suggest a few things:

Building workers: Are you saturating your mineral nodes or do you stop building workers too early? When I started playing the game I was under-saturating my minerals, not mining enough, and as a result it seemed impossible to keep up with the computer. A field of 8 minerals is fully saturated at 21 workers + 6 for 2 vespene guysers. You should continue building workers even past the saturation point so you can expand, but if you're under this number you're not getting your full mining rate even off of 1 base.

scouting/harassing: Seeing where the opponent is at and delaying economy are important in general. A little problem I found with the Terran AI is that you can attack their SCVs while they're building and they won't send another SCV to fight back, they will actually send an SCV to try to repair the other SCV instead. So you can actually target the SCV making a barracks and kill 2-3 of them before the computer can even finish making the building. Big-time helpful for dealing with Terran.

Trick the AI: It's retarded. If you go straight for a stalker and let a terran computer see it, it will build NOTHING but marines, then you can block your ramp, get zealot leg speed, and build nothing but zealots for a hard counter. Show the computer a unit and it will basically build nothing but the counter for that unit.

Cloaking: The AI is horrible at dealing with cloak. Terran will almost never get a Raven, protoss take 5 hours to get an observer, same with zerg getting overseers. Even if Terran has scan you can just send the cloaked units to 2 different parts of the base and you auto-win pretty much.

Forcefields: Sounds like you're protoss. Abuse Forcefields. The computer is really stupid. If it orders 15 marines to attack your base, those marines will continue trying to attack until they receive a new order or they die. If you throw a forcefield at the bottom of your ramp the units will just try to walk through it, at which point you can sit a ranged unit on the top of the cliff and kill them infinitely because they can't see the top. If you get 4-5 sentries out and 2-3 stalkers you can kill an infinitely large ground force by forcefielding and sniping with a couple ranged units.

-------------------------------------------------

SHORTER VERSION LOL:

I started off in the same situation as you really. I was playing the easy computer and getting annihilated. I found out that the AI wasn't booting correctly and I was actually playing the insane cheating AI. Even after I fixed that I was getting stomped and I realized it was because I wasn't saturating my minerals enough. Check the AIdifficulty file and make sure it's all correct. If it is working properly, just make adjustments to your game.

At this point I can defeat 3 hard Terran computers in a 1v3. (I keep referring to Terran because they're clearly the hardest race to beat, so I've been playing 1v3s against 3 Terran comps and 3 randoms occasionally.)

Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: